PDA

View Full Version : the law of gravity

LauraP
June 13th, 2018, 11:32 PM
My body and the sidewalk came to an agreement--the law of gravity still works!!

153108[/ATTACH
][ATTACH=CONFIG]153109 5 minutes after I fell.

My arm is also in a sling cuz the muscles are not happy with me and keep spasming luckily nothing is broken.

Kgrammiecaz
June 13th, 2018, 11:50 PM
Oh my. Ouch. One of my biggest fears is falling. Ever since I fell over one of those cement car stops in a parking lot. Our bodies and cement are not a good mix. Hugs. Get better quick.

pcbatiks
June 13th, 2018, 11:53 PM
Ouch.....I think the sidewalk won that discussion. Hope you won’t be too sore tomorrow.

14margarette
June 14th, 2018, 12:03 AM
Now that hurts, I hope you are just fine even though it looks like you are badly hurt.

tamsterg7
June 14th, 2018, 12:06 AM
Ouch doesn't really cover that, I think pirate words might be in order. Glad nothing was broken and hope you mend quickly.

Debbie Watters
June 14th, 2018, 12:37 AM
Sidewalk - 1
LauraP - 0

Sidewalk is considering requesting a re-match ...

jjkaiser
June 14th, 2018, 12:53 AM
That is one mean looking owie. Glad nothing is broken but I am sure you will be sore for awhile. Upside no yard work, hopefully you can still sew

Simply Quilting
June 14th, 2018, 01:05 AM
Ouch. I am glad that nothing is broken and I hope that you are able to heal quickly and are still able to sew while you heal.

bubba
June 14th, 2018, 03:26 AM
That's about what I looked like when I showed up to the retreat last fall!

Sandy Navas
June 14th, 2018, 08:09 AM
Laura, Laura, Laura - what have I told you about chasing good looking men in parking lots?

(Hope you have no residual damage!!)

KPH
June 14th, 2018, 08:21 AM
My kids are thinking bubble wrap would be good investments. Welcome to the 'We should just wrap you in bubble wrap club'.

Anitamae56
June 14th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Wow!! You are going to be very sore for quite awhile. Take care!

Bubby
June 14th, 2018, 08:44 AM
Dang it....I'm sorry this happened. Falls can happen so fast and the consequences can last for a very long time. I hope you feel better soon. (((HUGS)))

LauraP
June 14th, 2018, 09:00 AM
Actually Sandy, I was going up the sidewalk inside our yard but I was headed to a very sexy man--my husband.
Katrina, I was joking with my sister earlier in the day about bubble wrapping my brother in law because he has fallen three times in the last couple of weeks. At least I didn't do as much damage as he did, two broken ribs and he has to get an MRI of his back today.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 14th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Oh that looks, and will be painful. I am certain that you and ice pack will be friends.

Rest up. Hope your recovery is not too lengthy.

grammaterry
June 14th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Oh that is so scary. I have fallen a couple of times and always wonder how that happened. With my balance, sometimes, I just tip over

201 Treadler
June 14th, 2018, 11:01 AM
o heck naughty gravity, gravel rash not nice, gentle hugs for a speedy recovery:D

Cokie
June 14th, 2018, 04:36 PM
My kids are thinking bubble wrap would be good investments. Welcome to the 'We should just wrap you in bubble wrap club'.

I tell my mom this all the time!

GuitarGramma
June 14th, 2018, 06:54 PM
Yikes! That's a bad one. After you take the sling off, I think daytime bubble wrap IS a good idea!

JCY
June 14th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Do you have any Arnica gel or oil that you can rub over the bruises? It will help with the pain. I buy mine in the homeopathic section of my natural grocers. Have you used ice? That will help reduce the swelling. If you don't have an one of the gel ice packs, you always can wet a wash cloth & freeze it. My son once used a pkg. of frozen peas from the freezer. I hope you heal quickly.

bakermom
June 14th, 2018, 07:37 PM
OW!
I have had similar discussions with the ground, not fun! so far the only injury has been my pride

LLLinda
June 15th, 2018, 11:36 PM
How is your back doing? I generally manage to twist mine if I slip even a little.

Monique
June 16th, 2018, 06:35 AM
I hope you heal quickly. Feel better soon.

LauraP
June 16th, 2018, 12:42 PM
UPDATE-- My knee is only sore if I touch the torn skin. Yesterday I forgot and knelt on it while dusting. Fell on to my sore arm and set recovery back a bit. But today I can put my arm up on the back of the couch and turn my hand about a fourth of the way over. I am just grateful I didn't break anything and that I don't hurt as bad as I look. I will try to get in to the chiropractor this week.