• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Wednesday hellos

26231269_756936131162268_397010077210892804_n.jpg

Well good morning. It is a beautiful start to the day but we are expecting rain today. I had a great day yesterday. Got all my shopping done before lunch. Had a wonderful lunch with guild members. Got home to put groceries away and clean up. No sewing was had at all. Doubt there will be sewing today either. And hubby thinks I can sit and sew all day. HA!!!!!! I am invited to a private retreat next week at a friend's house in Ottawa. I am thinking seriously of going for a couple of days near the end of the week.

On the road again today. CPAP machine day. Then I have got some straightening to do as we are hosting a BBQ tomorrow for sister-in-law's birthday.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Sandy Navas
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

Re: Wednesday hellos

No, but I think I know your BROTHER.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• grammaterry
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2015

Good funnies this morning. I love you all.
      Think I'm going into town today and stop and see a few acquaintances along the way. Hoping this will bring me out of my gloom.
      success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
      Terry of NC

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

Well it 50%ed all over us yesterday afternoon. Well over 2" worth! Thank you very much, I don't have to water the grass. Anyway they say it's going to be more of the same today. The skies are clear right now, but I don't expect that to last too long.

I've got to put together a green bean casserole for tonight for the dinner at church, I'll put part in a dish for Mike as he doesn't want to go. Other than that, the recycle can is out, the truck has already come and gone. Now to get the bulk trash to pick up the 'soaked' boxes and the one piece of Howard's toolbox that's left. Someone came by and got the bottom two sections and left the drawer section. That's still sitting out there waiting for the bulk pick up. I do hope it comes today!

Not sure what else is going on today. Mike is going to fix the vibe that his brother ran into. He's tired of popping for the gas taking me around. lol

Have a great day!

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Good Morning ~ Only got a min. DH is waiting for breakfast. Guild was good last night. Lots of beautiful quilts for "Sew & Tell". Mary Fons was our guest speaker. This is her 3rd to last guild speaking engagement. She had a power point presentation & shared a few quilts. I'll share more later.

This a.m. I'm going to a quilting friend's house so we can share our projects & talk quilting. Then we're going to lunch. It will be nice to get out for a few hrs. Yest. I finished the Treasure Box quilt top.

The mowers came yest. afternoon. I just noticed this morning that their mower has bashed in the side of our metal shed. This is not the first time that shed has been damaged, but this time it's on the front, next to the door. Now the right door won't slide open. So frustrating. I'll take a pix & e-m the mowing service.

I hope everyone has a good hump day.

Comment

• Carolnnc
            The Guild President
            • Oct 2015

It's morning. Not much sleep last night due to sciatica flaring up.

Having lunch with a friend today & it will be good to get away from DH & puppy. Sure going to take my time getting back home.

Monique, my brother loves his CPAP machine. He said he was finally able to sleep well & not feel exhausted each day.

Katrina, I love green bean casserole. I hadn't tasted it until a few years ago & now fix it quite often.

Off to feed puppy & get my day started.
            :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

• MissMay
              The Guild President
              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
              Good funnies this morning. I love you all.
              Think I'm going into town today and stop and see a few acquaintances along the way. Hoping this will bring me out of my gloom.
              Cheer up Terry, Yesterday I finally got out of my slump and put together a box of tops, backing, etc. and sent them to you. Nothing like playing with the fabrics to cheer you up. When I first retired I was a whirl wind of activities but then I realized I missed the daily contact with lots of people so your going into town today is a good idea.

wednesdat snoopy.jpg
              Last edited by MissMay; June 13, 2018, 06:44 AM.
              MissMay AKA May in Jersey

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2013

Good Morning! Bright sunny skies here and comfortable temperatures out right now. I put the binding on two quilts yesterday - one is for an anniversary this summer and the other is for a wedding this fall. Last night I thought I was going to start cutting fabric for the oldest boy's quilt using a panel. But ran into the problem that the pattern is for a 24" panel not a 36" panel. So it was off to the drawing board to figure out how to make it work. I think that I have it figured out but will double check my numbers before I start cutting fabric today.

One of the big errands for the day is trying to track down aerial photos of the university farm. You would not think it would be that hard to find pictures from years ago but it is. And the bigger question has became when did the university farm first start as it was donated to the university but no one seems to have any idea when. My little project of making a fundraiser quilt for the ag department has been came more complicated than what I had planned as I had hoped it would have been at the quilters by now.

Have a great day everyone

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                  Missouri Star
                  • Aug 2015

Good morning ladies,

We are getting much needed rain today and tomorrow. Rain will be good, with the new vegetables planted this weekend. I now see severe weather alert for our area, heavy rains, thunderstorms and wind, possible small tornadoes. Just peachy. I don't know if it's the weather but I woke up with a headache, almost feels like a migraine.

Yesterday I made pillowcases, 2 regular for friend to match quilt I made, 2 queen for grand-daughter and 2 King size to match xmas quatrefoil for us. I had ordered xmas print from Connecting Threads $3.50 yd. I got 5 yards. It took a week to get here. I am pleased with their shipping. Meanwhile, my cleaning lady cleaned the house, I put a prime rib in the oven for dinner and to make quick meals. I almost forgot I bought it for Easter, but we went to restaurant. Then last guild meeting before summer break. The mystery quilts were revealed, and there is always a book sale from excess library. I picked up 3 books at $2 each. I could have picked up more, but I am trying to limit my library. The magazines were 3/$1.

Looks like we will be looking for documents to bring to Kansas this summer. I will start checking into flights as well. Michael's younger son said he would like to come also. Little does he know that I am planning a side trip to MSQC. He better find something to do while I shop (for days). No rushing me when I am in the land of quilt stores. Then again, maybe we can send him back to Canada before we make our side trip. I know we will probably visit DH aunt and cousins near Denver, as We could make this an extended stop over. Then fly to Wichita. Drive to northern KS to visit another aunt and cousins and drive to MO. I am thinking we may be gone awhile. Not sure if I can take the summer heat. With all that will need to be done, we might have to break it down in 2 trips and go back in the fall again.

Going to take it slow today. Have a good day.
                  Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KarenC
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2015

Good morning everyone. Terry and Carol, I hope you enjoy your visits into town and with friends. That's probably the thing I miss most about being retired is connections with others. It took me a good 7 months to settle in. Still considering going to work part time, but every time I get close to applying something comes up where someone needs my help.

Since my friend that I'm helping now is still in hospital and doesn't need me, I will take a break and go to a movie in a few minutes. Heard that "The Good Book" is a good chick flick, so I'll be off to the early show and matinee prices. The landscaper came out early this morning to replant my crepe myrtle tree again. We'll see if it holds up this time. (This is the 4th time they have had to come out.)
                    Karen
                    Spring, TX

Comment

• KPH
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
                      Good morning everyone. Terry and Carol, I hope you enjoy your visits into town and with friends. That's probably the thing I miss most about being retired is connections with others. It took me a good 7 months to settle in. Still considering going to work part time, but every time I get close to applying something comes up where someone needs my help.

Since my friend that I'm helping now is still in hospital and doesn't need me, I will take a break and go to a movie in a few minutes. Heard that "The Good Book" is a good chick flick, so I'll be off to the early show and matinee prices. The landscaper came out early this morning to replant my crepe myrtle tree again. We'll see if it holds up this time. (This is the 4th time they have had to come out.)
                      It won't help you with today, but check with the AMC theaters- they have a $5 Tuesday all day here. That's even better than matinee pricing. (but they'll still get you on concessions. Our theater that's close has hot caramel corn... that's where I shell out the mula and have a small cup.)
                      Katrina
                      From NC, retired in FL

Comment

• 201 Treadler
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2018

hello everyone
                        yesterday got busy switching the living room around, been suffering with tv picture and speakers twitching from fall out of signal, every time traffic past .The sound carries out of the room,
                        its good to move stuff and declutter, although its funny to be sitting in different places. am supposed to be moving a corner area around decluttering in kitchen today but feel less then energetic,. hence been watching Jenny and Rob. just discovered how handy it is to plug computer through a hdmi cable to telly to watch the quilts and technique are much better to see than in a 3 inch square hehehe.
                        Also saw the Good Book ad trailer, it looks very funny,
                        enjoy today everyone

edit
                        forgot to say, made a fmq pillow case cover, added the pillow in for family member for Christmas, am not sure why I made it, (twas was a stab in the dark kind of pressie) but found out today it was exactly what they needed to stop them having migraines, this news has made my day
                        Last edited by 201 Treadler; June 13, 2018, 09:36 AM.
                        🧵Treadler from UK 👋

Comment

• KarenC
                          Missouri Star
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                          It won't help you with today, but check with the AMC theaters- they have a $5 Tuesday all day here. That's even better than matinee pricing. (but they'll still get you on concessions. Our theater that's close has hot caramel corn... that's where I shell out the mula and have a small cup.)
                          Thanks Katrina, I saw that this morning when looking online. Matinee price here was the same $5, so all was good. Movie was okk, but not great. But it was good to get out of the house.
                          Karen
                          Spring, TX

Comment

• grammaterry
                            Missouri Star
                            • Dec 2015

YOu all are so good to make good wishes for me. I do feel better after seeing some people. I placed 25 quilts in 5 different shops and that was uplifting too.
                            success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                            Terry of NC

Comment

• KPH
                              Missouri Star
                              • Feb 2015

Terry, I know getting out can be the best therapy in the world! Glad you're feeling better about things.

We had summer... I guess you'd call it a biography session tonight at church. The pastor gave us a short biography of John Newton (think Amazing Grace). He was going through his life and challenges, and his first church was in Olney, England. I kept thinking, I know that name. Then it hit me, my grandmother McKinley was baptized at Onley Presbyterian Church in Gastonia, NC. Now I'm going to do some digging, because I always thought it was an odd name for a church and it's been around since the early 1700s. Maybe there's a connection.
                              Katrina
                              From NC, retired in FL

Comment

Working...
                              X