PDA

View Full Version : Rant

Carolnnc
June 12th, 2018, 09:54 PM
It will be a true miracle from above if I make it the next nine days without either killing dear hubby or disappearing into the sunset never to be seen again.

The vet explained very clearly & gave us a paper with instructions that Ryker is to be kept calm & crated for 14 days. No running, jumping or rough housing. I have even read (out loud to DH) several vet websites explaining the problems that can arise if the instructions aren't followed.

Looked around and DH had dog out of crate playing with him & getting him wound up. There goes Ryker, running thru the house after I've told DH that dog is to be leased at all times when out of the crate. Tell DH to make sure he holds the lease near his collar so Ryker can't jump, pull & strain. Look out the door & he's giving him six feet of lease & surprise! Ryker is jumping. And so it has been for the last 4 days.

He gets grumpy with me & tells me I'm to uptight and he'll take care of things. Then he gets frustrated & tells me he can't get the pinch collar off the dog, come get it off. If I walk off & leave him to it he comes looking for me to help him.

Yesterday I hid in the walk in closet, called my friend & begged her to take them both. I am sure I am going to have a nervous breakdown before this is over.

Please Lord, let the dog quit whining & howling for just 5 minutes.

Thanks for listening.

KPH
June 12th, 2018, 10:08 PM
Sending hugs, and bless your hearts because you're out numbered and there's no way the older baby is going to change to help the younger baby. Hoping most of the healing is already well underway so the fur baby won't suffer.

Carolnnc
June 12th, 2018, 10:32 PM
Sending hugs, and bless your hearts because you're out numbered and there's no way the older baby is going to change to help the younger baby. Hoping most of the healing is already well underway so the fur baby won't suffer.

Thank you Katrina.

I've had the old one to long to trade him in for another model:-) I told his mom a couple of years ago that he wasn't trainable & I wanted to give him back to her. She laughed & said, "what do you think I'm going to do with him"?

KarenC
June 12th, 2018, 10:46 PM
I think it's time for a girls trip out of town for a few days!

Carlie Wolf
June 12th, 2018, 10:55 PM
Don't use the pinch collar on Ryker. You're suppose to use it on DH. Every time he disobeys you give it a good hard quick jerk. Any time DH encourages Ryker to jump, you give a quick knee, not in DH's belly but his b#lls. He needs to realize how Ryker will feel if vets orders are not followed and there is an injury to Ryker. At night put the crate in a spare bedroom or as far away from your bedroom and confine both Ryker and DH there until the whining from both has stopped for at least two nights.

Rhonda K
June 12th, 2018, 11:17 PM
Someone needs obedience class and perhaps it's not the four-legged one. You need a vacation away from all that chaos. Hopefully, you can get them both calmed down and back on track soon. Best wishes to you. Hugs!

Carolnnc
June 13th, 2018, 12:30 AM
I think it's time for a girls trip out of town for a few days!

I think that is a wonderful idea! Our adopted daughter lives at the beach where I could find peace & serenity.

Carolnnc
June 13th, 2018, 12:38 AM
Don't use the pinch collar on Ryker. You're suppose to use it on DH. Every time he disobeys you give it a good hard quick jerk. Any time DH encourages Ryker to jump, you give a quick knee, not in DH's belly but his b#lls. He needs to realize how Ryker will feel if vets orders are not followed and there is an injury to Ryker. At night put the crate in a spare bedroom or as far away from your bedroom and confine both Ryker and DH there until the whining from both has stopped for at least two nights.

You lifted my spirits and have me rolling on the floor & roaring with laughter!!!!! I can clearly see that whole scenario playing out with me happily singing, "I Am Woman Hear Me Roar."

Carolnnc
June 13th, 2018, 12:40 AM
Someone needs obedience class and perhaps it's not the four-legged one. You need a vacation away from all that chaos. Hopefully, you can get them both calmed down and back on track soon. Best wishes to you. Hugs!

I will now have to admit that I have spoiled DH to death. That's why I'm so determined to make the dog toe the line!

Monique
June 13th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Hmmm shoot them both with a tranquilizer gun? Come see me, dog free home!!

jjkaiser
June 13th, 2018, 08:13 AM
Oh naughty, naughty and I'm talking about your DH not Ryker! What a stinker! I think you have a renegade there and he probably won't listen to you no matter what. But reading these antics at 6 am makes it almost worthwhile getting up so early for work!

MRoy
June 13th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Do you have any Valium? Give DH and puppy each a dose to settle them down, then you might want to take one yourself. Good luck!

Carolnnc
June 13th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Hmmm shoot them both with a tranquilizer gun? Come see me, dog free home!!

I've always wanted to see Canada. Born & raised in the south but a huge Calgary Flames fan.

Carolnnc
June 13th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Oh naughty, naughty and I'm talking about your DH not Ryker! What a stinker! I think you have a renegade there and he probably won't listen to you no matter what. But reading these antics at 6 am makes it almost worthwhile getting up so early for work!

I'm thinking of trying to become the next Erma Bombeck. There's lot's of material here on a regular basis.

LLLinda
June 13th, 2018, 10:01 AM
I had a BIG cat some years back and she had a problem that required 2 weeks of antibiotics twice a day. I tried and tried to find a way to do it but it was a bloody and stressful battle for us all. I ended up boarding the cat with the vet until her medicine regime was done. If you can afford that I highly recommend it.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 13th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Some are just not trainable. You got some good ideas and suggestions, but I am like Monique. No dogs in my house. Love to see pictures of them, and my friends can have them, but I am a crazy cat lady with 2 cats.

Carolnnc
June 13th, 2018, 12:07 PM
I had a BIG cat some years back and she had a problem that required 2 weeks of antibiotics twice a day. I tried and tried to find a way to do it but it was a bloody and stressful battle for us all. I ended up boarding the cat with the vet until her medicine regime was done. If you can afford that I highly recommend it.

If I had realized this was an option he'd (the dog) would have stayed at the vets if it would require robbing a bank to pay.

Carolnnc
June 13th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Some are just not trainable. You got some good ideas and suggestions, but I am like Monique. No dogs in my house. Love to see pictures of them, and my friends can have them, but I am a crazy cat lady with 2 cats.

I like animals but I don't want dogs, cats, hamsters or any critters. DH loves the dog & cat more than me (he disputes that statement of course). The animals help his stress level & help keep him healthy.

I am more of a responsible, uptight caretaker of animals & children. He's a go with the flow & let it happen kind of guy. I've always heard that the thing that attracts you to your mate is the thing that drives you nuts if you stay together long enough. It's true.