PDA

View Full Version : Wellll, you can nix that cold peach soup

Carlie Wolf
June 12th, 2018, 03:06 PM
The one I posted about a week ago. I bought all the ingredients and made it a few days ago. Instead of 1 cup wine and 1 cup peach schnapps I used 2 cups wine. And I used Half and Half.

Just as I was getting the ingredients out I thought, hummm won't the wine curdle the half and half? So since that's what they said to do, I did. The half and half curdled. After cooking the peaches in it I put it through the blender.
After chilling I tried a small taste and then I threw it out. Pretty expensive mistake. I don't know if I could taste the curdling or if it was my imagine. Did I do something wrong or is it just a crummy recipe???

KPH
June 12th, 2018, 03:16 PM
Mom and Dad had two peach trees in the back yard. It was my job to pick up all of the fruit on the ground before Dad mowed. I hate peaches to this day.

I hate you had to spend so much on a recipe that just didn't work. That's disappointing and frustrating all rolled into one.

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2018, 03:57 PM
You reminded me of something from my childhood. I would stay with my dad on the weekends and his favorite snack to give me was a twinkie and then a glass of milk and an orange. Yuck. I don't know why it works for creamsicles, but it always made me gag.

Carlie Wolf
June 12th, 2018, 04:19 PM
LOL, yeah, picking up fruit. When I first got sheep (I'd never been exposed to livestock before) there was a crabapple tree right at the corner of the sheep shed and the fence line. The first year it just amazed me that the apples only fell on the side outside the sheep area. Yes, it actually took me a year to figure out why this was happening. And the sheep just kept getting fatter and fatter the whole time LOL.

Rhonda K
June 12th, 2018, 08:14 PM
Oh Dear!

Sorry that your time, effort and expensive recipe didn't turn out as expected. The ingredients sounded good though without the half-half. At least you were adventurous to try a new recipe.

LLLinda
June 13th, 2018, 10:09 AM
I have never cared for recipes with something alcoholic in them except for vanilla. There is a bitey bitter tang to it that I can't handle. Can you sub another liquid for it?

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 13th, 2018, 10:21 AM
It's not going to be made here. DH is allergic to peaches. As a kid, I loved eating them with the juice running down your arms. Then we would jump in the sprinkler.

Carlie Wolf
June 13th, 2018, 10:58 AM
I thought perhaps there was too much alcohol listed for that soup too but thought what the heck it looked interesting. Usually the think I like a little white wine in is fish sauces although I do like beef burgundy and some of the stews where beer is also used.

I'm thinking if I do try it again I'll nix the alcohol and maybe make it more along the lines of the cold strawberry soup. (I really really loved that)Normally I do like the flavor of peaches and sometimes will purchase peach juice. Maybe I'll add that as some of the liquid next time.