PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, a sunny day.

Monique
June 12th, 2018, 06:32 AM
It is going to be another beautiful day.

I had a busy day at work yesterday which is good, makes the day go faster.

Today is a big day. I will take Les to town shortly to meet up with his golf partner. I will come home and I NEED to make a BOM for my last guild lunch until the fall. Nothing like leaving it at the last minute. Going to get some groceries while I am in Renfrew and also meeting my brother as he fixed my Minnie Mouse wind spinner. She had a broken leg and I bought her a long time ago at a garage sale. Now to find the duck that is also broken. So that is my day today.

Tomorrow I go 'rent' a CPAP machine, we shall see how that goes. My doctor doesn't feel that I need one but heck I am willing to give it a shot.

Thursday I am going shopping with Bonnie. I have a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket for a quilt store and we will be hosting a BBQ for my Sister in law for her birthday. I can't say my life is dull.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Bubby
June 12th, 2018, 07:34 AM
Morning Everyone....Monique, you're a moving target for sure. I wish I had just half of your energy. About the CPAP machine, you need to find out what the air flow setting should be. Jeff's is 17 at the moment. When he's sick it gets adjusted to 21. Also, try to rent a machine that has a memory card. It would be something to show your doctor and maybe he would change his mind about your need for a machine.

We woke up to rain this morning, no storm, just lovely rain. It's the first time the little Girls have been out in the rain and they were a little confused. Dottie showed them where she goes potty in a sheltered area when the weather is bad. She is teaching them and watching out for them. Three times every night she leaves our bed and check on them in the living room. They kiss each other through the openings in the crates....so cute. She still doesn't want them too close to her unless they are calm and minding their manners, which doesn't happen often, but we are making progress.

Wishing everyone a good day....with special hugs to our Lorie.

shermur
June 12th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Morning all!

Monique, sweetie...I could probably not keep up with you! Whoa! And Barb, so glad to hear the sweet pups are doing well! I think of your sweet Dottie often!

I have to get my Dad's Father's Day card in the mail today, get the Chevy Cavalier registered in Vermont from Missouri. Go buy DH's Father's Day present and run Halona to play practice later.....Will I get to sew today? Probably not.

Cathy F
June 12th, 2018, 07:58 AM
Morning all,
Sitting here in the sunroom with my coffee watching the bluejays. When they see one of us in here they come and sit on the railing of the deck waiting for their peanuts. They come everyday looking for their treats and are fun to watch.

My featherweight machine is back home and I'll have to sit down and do some sewing with it to learn all the ins and outs of it. I've only had it a short time. Years ago I sewed with a manual machine similiar to the featherweight but with the advances of the new machines that just about thread themselves I've gotten spoiled and have forgotten how to use it.

Started a new project yesterday and sitting on the fence whether I like it or not. In my head I envisioned what it would look like, now that I've made a few blocks I'm not sure it's the same vision I had! Well, I'll keep going and hopefully it will match what's in my head.

Looks to be a beautiful day, sun is shining and flowers are soaking it up after the past few weeks of rain. Love seeing all the blooms and bright colors, puts a smile on my face.
Well, feel like I'm adequately caffeinated so I better get my chores started. Wishing everyone a good day!

JCY
June 12th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Considering the yard work I did yest. a.m., I'm not as stiff or sore as I thought I might be. My hand bothers me from the weed pulling, but that, too, shall pass. It was so nice to not have it so beastly hot yest. It made it up to 91, which sure beats 103. The heat is supposed to be back on Thurs. & Fri.

In the afternoon I did more piecing. Got all 20 blocks sewn together into rows, & 4 of the 5 rows sewn together. Tonight is our monthly guild meeting. Mary Fons is our guest speaker. I have a couple "sew & tell" items to take.

No more time now.

grammaterry
June 12th, 2018, 09:08 AM
I sewed a little yesterday. Hard for me to focus. Finished a good book. Got another one on my kindle. Made some brownies . DH and I are just trying to get through each day without blowing up at each other. The stress is difficult but I know this too shall pass. Just hard to get my emotions to go along with my brain. l o l
Its humid here so I didn't get the second coat of paint on the door. Maybe next week.
Took a walk yesterday and found I can't remember the names of the trees and weeds. Hoping this is just a short term memory block. I even brought some back to the tree book and couldn't find them. Seems strange to not be able to identify the plants. The weather has been so wet and all the plants are like giant oversized . Even the poison ivy is way oversized and looks like a whole different plant.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 12th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Good morning Monique and ladies following,

It is another gorgeous day. It's amazing what sunny days and warm, not humid days can do for the soul.

Yesterday morning, I did a few more hours of yardwork, cleaning up another bed which has yucca plants. It is amazing how they spread. I removed some shoots and potted them to give. They are already shooting up the stem for flowers. Last year's show was spectacular, and I am expecting the same this year.
In the afternoon, I cut and attached the border to the Quatrefoil quilt. I will bring tonight to guild, for the display of quilts made from one the monthly FQ win. I also cut and rolled the binding. I will rent the long arm for this King size quilt. I also cut fabric to make pillowcases for grandkids. I usually embroider their name on a few of them. They love that. We will be seeing all of the, on June 23rd.

We got some news from DH niece. She visited a facility, and sent pictures of DH's dad future new home. It is about 375 square feet. It isn't large, but all meals are taken in dining room. They will bring the dad for lunch one day, and DH will complete paperwork for him to be admitted. He will be in a secure area as he is flighty. This is good. I cannot believe the cost. It is comparable to being on a cruise. DH is still searching for legal papers completed years ago. I asked my mom to pray to St.Anthony to help find lost-misplaced documents. This now means that we will have to travel to Wichita and find services and people willing to clear out and clean up house prior to putting up for sale. This could be challenging, given the distance. I am going to start search on line today. Although I could have done this when I was younger, I don't have the time/energy to do this by myself, but I can certain get things done. DH even has less energy and won't be much assistance, but he is willing to pay to have it done. I can deal with that.

I love reading about everyone's busy lives. Have to get moving as the cleaning lady is coming today. Have a good day everyone.

MissMay
June 12th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Oh the activity and energy you gals have makes me wonder how you do it but then I remember when that was me. Slowed down a lot in recent years and have hired someone to get at those pesky weeds. Nothing is inevitable bur death, taxes and WEEDS.

Time for me to get some activity going around here and then some packages to the post office and stop at the bank for some $s. 153079

PS: Susanne when we were kids we always were praying to St. Anthony, "St. Anthony, St. Anthony come around, somethings lost and can't be found." Hope this helps with the search.

pcbatiks
June 12th, 2018, 10:40 AM
It's hot and muggy here.....feels like a warm, wet blanket thrown over you when you walk outside.

Barb, I just love hearing about Dottie and the pups. Glad that she is accepting and teaching them.

Terry, I been thinking about you & your DH in this stressful situation. Hoping that payment shows up soon. Hugs to you.

Our son's girlfriend loved her quilt, so that made me happy too! Trying to decide what to finish next. I have a Convergence quilt started and 2 baby quilts started. I really need to finish up projects before I start more. Having the UFO's makes me feel unorganized..........but I guess that makes me an official quilter. :D

Carolnnc
June 12th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Good morning! We had storms last night & the power went off at 3 am, then came back on about 10:00 this morning. I left the house & went to McDonald's for breakfast which is something I never do. I like my own cooking & don't care for fast food. DH could eat fast food 3 times a day:-( It's nice that it's 65 degrees outside after suffering thru the 90's and high humidity lately.

Rkyer got neutered last Thursday & it's been rough for all three of us. Friday night he howled, kept shaking his head, chewed the corner off his bed & pretty much ate the cone of shame and tried to chew the bars off his crate. It kept up Saturday & Sunday so I sent an email to the vet late Sunday night. She upped his anti-anxiety medication & I started taking mine! There is no comforting him & just taking him out to potty is hard because he tries to jump & fight. We can take the cone off Friday morning & I'm praying he doesn't try to lick or bite. If he has to go back into the cone for three extra days I'm going to a hotel & leave DH with him. My friend is picking me up for lunch tomorrow so I can have a Margarita & some time away from home.

Thursday afternoon I'm taking a class called "Learning How to Sew." It seems funny but I never learned to do basic sewing & don't have the patience to figure it out for myself. The classes are on $15 & they supply the materials. I told DH that they are hoping to sell me a $3000 sewing machine but that won't happen!

Terry I have been thinking of you guys & hope things smooth out. When I was going thru my rough patch before I lost my job I was hurt, angry & depressed but couldn't get it out. DH is now going through a really stressful rough patch at work & he's the same way. I do think that men can get moody & grumpy for a while right after they retire, I know a couple of friends have mentioned this.

I sure do love hearing about Dottie, Sugar & Maggie. I'm thinking we will look for an older female dog but only after we get Ryker thru the next two months of more obedience training. He really needs another dog around. We've never had two dogs at the same time so I'm interested to see if it works.

I had a boss years ago who was Catholic (I was raised Southern Baptist). Whenever I couldn't fine something I'd ask St. Anthony to help me. One day she heard me say, "okay Tony, I need your help." She asked who I was talking to & I said St. Anthony. She gave me a puzzled look & I told her I called on him so much we were on a nickname basis.

Have a wonderful day!

KPH
June 12th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Good Morning All,

I guess the biggest job today is to get the recycling out. First to go...Howard's tool box, then all the stuff that's on the side of the house. He wrapped it all in a tarp, no idea what it is for sure, but somewhere back in my memory, I'm thinking it's all the cardboard boxes for the move to FL. We'll see. Jim is supposed to come and help get it out. If he makes it before noon, his brother will be here to help him.

The tufted tit mouse couple have been here at the feeder this morning. They're very skittish. Where the cardinals don't seem to notice if I'm moving around, the tit mouse do. It won't be long before I have to get another brick of food. I have no idea why these birds don't like the bird feeder from NC, but the seeds will sprout before they eat it, so I end up dumping it out all the time.

The woes of the organizer are almost over. I have to make the binding and put in the eyelets. Then it will be ready to hang. Meanwhile, nothing is being done to the door to the garage. One day, I'll either pitch a fit or scrap the whole idea of having it magnetic and chalk board and just hang the poppies and be done with it.

Well, I thought I posted this before I started on the binding. Guess I didn't. I should have made the binding wider to make up for the thickness of the back and pockets. This is really getting to be a should have, could have would have project. I started hand stitching the binding to the back since it won't catch all the way around. I'm almost done, but my hands needed a break.

I hope everyone has a great day. Prayers for those in need for strength, healing, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

TMP
June 12th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Good Morning!

Barb that is the sweetest thing how Dottie is helping with the puppies. Dogs are so much smarter than we give them credit for. I think Sandy is finally over her ear infection after the 2 weeks of med. The vet gave me a solution to rinse them with . Someone is going to have to hold her while I try to do it.

Yesterday was not a good day I was restless and aching the night before and thank goodness the grands didn't spend the night. I watched a little of the summit in Korea and then slept thru the night. Feeling much better today. Getting a shot tomorrow. YA!

We are having a community yard sale in a couple of weeks and I have a bunch of furniture and junk in the attic. It would be so nice to get rid of all of that clutter. DD is coming over Friday to help me get it out of the attic and I think we are just going to store it in the garage until the sale. I have no idea what I would do without my daughter she is so much help.

Have a wonderful day
Teresa

jjkaiser
June 12th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Oh my, reading these posts I feel like I am in a bee hive. Everyone is so busy. Barb that is such a cute story about checking on the pups. They are getting along in their own way. It's coming together! Joy, Mary Fons a guest speaker wow, how cool is that?! I only have one local friend who is a quilter. She entered one of her modern quilts in the Quilt Con in California. She went out there and was talking to someone looking at all the displays, after about 5 minutes she noticed her name tag and it was Mary Fons! She couldn't wait to come back and tell me, because none of her other friends would even know who that was. We both got a laugh out of that one! Terry I hope that payment arrived for you, that has got to be so frustrating!! Well I did it! I registered one of my quilts for the state fair that is in August. I have the sleeve all ready to hand stitch down and finished making my label, hand embroidered so it took awhile but just have to stitch that down too and she's all done. Today I have the day off work and yay my fabric order arrived from MSQC. My niece wants a blue and purple batik quilt so I have a FQ bundle, one charm pack,one s
Jelly roll and 2 one yard pieces. So before beginning the quilt I will snip off 3" pieces of each and sew them together one row of blues and one row of purples, kind of like a paint sample card. That way I can kind of audition the blues and purples by moving the strips around to see what looks best together. Is this an extra step? Probably, but for me it saves time monkeying around with bigger pieces and sure comes in handy if I have to make an extra trip for more colors at the fabric store. "If"-- who am I kidding? I am sure I will be shopping for more before I am done as it will be a queen size. Have a nice day everyone.