PDA

View Full Version : It's Saturday!

JCY
June 9th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Good Morning, All ~ I've only got a min. I started the FMQ on the latest Bordered 9-P yest. It's coming along. I'm using one of Tracey Russell's designs. I love watching her many YT tutorials. I don't know how she comes up with so many different ideas, but I've used several of her patterns already.

Yest. it was another very hot day -- 101 at our house. All week end is supposed to be hot. Maybe in the 80's a couple days next week, which would be a welcome relief.

Today I need to run out to Walmart for an Rx & run a couple other errands. Gotta run.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 9th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Good morning Joyand all that follow,

It's a beautiful sunny day, and not too hot, so we may get some yardwork done. I'm hoping to put up the shade canopy as well.

Yesterday, Michael & I took a road trip to claim $100 prize at quilt store. I found the border for the xmas quilt. I have given up on the black with tiny stars, but I got a green fabric that will finish it off nicely. I also bought other fabric for pillowcases for grand daughter Cassandra and cute buttons. I basically spent it all plus a bit more. Then we had lunch at a lovely little bistro. Yummy. They had a beautiful bakery, but I resisted buying anything. Maybe next time. Then we attempted to find the gliding club that DH wanted to see. We drove on country roads, over and over. Our GPS could not find it. The map was not helpful, as he didn't have exact coordinates. We got home and it turns out that we drove by the intersection we should have turned at, three times. Good grief. After 4+ hours on the road, we drove home, disappointed. I was wiped. There are two quilt shows this weekend, but they are 2 & 3 hours away. I am passing up for yardwork.

Have a good day and weekend everyone.

KPH
June 9th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Good Morning Joy and all that follow.

It was not that hot here yesterday, it was very warm though. I worked in the house, started in my bathroom and got through the great room before Mike called. He'd left his wallet at home. I called Jim, and he came and picked up the wallet and then asked if I'd like to go with him as he was going to pick up the kids, too. I said sure.

We went to the store and I asked a cashier if she'd page Mike. She asked if I was his grandmother. My oldest gasped, turned around and started laughing. I just said no, I'm his mom. She was totally embarrassed. I just kept thinking I must look really bad if she thinks I look close to 89 like his only remaining grandmother. So Mike got his wallet and the cashier apparently just walked out at her lunch break and didn't return. I'm sure the two incidents weren't related.

Then we picked up the kids at Grammy's house, (DIL's Mom and Dad's). The kids had been playing in the pool and having fun with her and Uncle David while Jim worked on the garage. We had a short visit and buckled the merry threesome in the truck and headed home. Esther and Zeke fell asleep really quickly, so Jim called the Pastor to discuss the sound board issue. I just sat quietly in the truck while they discussed wiring/ lack of grounding. SO nearing the end of the conversation, the Pastor says - You know I think we must have a female board. Well, I just looked at the phone. Jim was like, hey you need to know, Mom's here in the car with me. Lol, oh the back peddling, I meant that it's delicate like a flower, needing proper attention .... blah, blah, blah. I was laughing.
Jim explained what had happened at Toys R Us and it was just too funny. I was beginning to think I should have stayed home! I told him to never forget, we knew that Aunt Alma loved him no matter what... Dimples! (All she could talk about after Howard's funeral was the angel touched preacher's dimples.)

We got home and since the kids were asleep, Jim just dropped me off. I came back in and started working on the vacuum cleaner. I'd noticed all the strings wrapped around the brush before I'd left. So the seam ripper and I had a meeting with the beater brush for a while. I'll probably have to have another meeting after I clean up my sewing room. I have Howard's den and my sewing room to finish today. I'm thinking I'll start pulling some of the things out of the cabinets in Howard's den and pack them up. There are a bunch of steins that Howard's brother would like to have and a few things that need to go to the storage building. I'm going to get all of the home school stuff ready to put in there, unfortunately once the fish tanks are removed and the stuff comes off the walls, there are going to be a lot of holes to patch and repainting to do. Oh boy! Color picking time again. I know one thing. It's not going to be orange or gray!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'd love to see some rain!

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

shermur
June 9th, 2018, 10:01 AM
Morning...

There is a desperate need to organize my fabric and the UFO projects in the sewing room this weekend....it's almost over-whelming.

I received an invite to my 35th class reunion in Missouri, but since there was only a 10 week notice and I didn't have the funds to spare on traveling from Vermont....not to mention, the plans were tacky to boot. I decided it was not worth my time and effort to go.

Everyone have a safe and quilty weekend....

JulieC
June 9th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

We're expecting highs near 80 and rain this weekend; it doesn't look like I'll be getting much yard work done. The backyard turns into a swamp and takes at least two days to dry out after it rains. One of the neighbors said the seller's mother had some kind of a water garden in the back corner...all I know is, it takes a long time to dry out!

Mom's primary care doctor left the practice to concentrate on "inpatient clients." I am not looking forward to finding Mom another doctor. Dr. E was awesome, so kind and so patient! I think I will try to find Mom a male doctor this time, she has a tendency to think all female doctors are nurses. :(

I splurged a little at M* this week. I bought the DD when they had the Emma's Garden layer cake, plus a couple of creative grids rulers and some yardage. I bought extra fabric for the sky for my Stairway to Cat Heaven quilt. I decided to add another row, and was a little worried about running out. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and discover it is sold out!

Enjoy your weekend!

SallyO'Sews
June 9th, 2018, 11:22 AM
Happy weekend to all! Got my 13-yr-ols grandgirl here for the weekend - she is working on a scrapbook for DD (her aunt)'s fiance of photos of DD from birth through college. I'm working on some table and kitchen linens, so I've got to scoot! Have a lovely day !

KarenC
June 9th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Good morning /afternoon to all. I am home for the weekend. Had a 4 mile walk this morning followed by breakfast with the group. Then onto WW for weighin, decided not to stay for meeting. Lost 1/2 poynd, so that was good, about what I expected. Now waiting on sprinkler guy to get here. Not sure what this afternoon will bring. Maybe quilting, maybe shopping with DD. Hmmm, tough choice.

TMP
June 9th, 2018, 12:45 PM
Good morning! I slept late this morning and it felt so good. This is the first time in I don't remember when that I am alone . The grandkids are home until Monday and I have had company on and off for the last few weeks. I love company and the grands but sometime its just nice to be in a quite house and not have to entertain anyone. I think I am going to have what we call a lazy day and do absolutely nothing. Enjoy your Saturday :)

chelea
June 9th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Beautiful sunny day here, 77 degrees and dry. I'm waiting for the sun to pass over the house so I can do a little weeding of the rose garden near the stairs of our deck. There are only 5 pink Knock Out roses there...I lost one over the winter, along with almost all the lavender I planted last summer. There's also a climbing rose, Zephirine Drouhin, which has no thorns! It's a beautiful pink and smells heavenly.
After that I'm headed to the sewing room to work on the Moda Block Heads block. It's the first one and I struggled with color placement. I had intended to go with red and neutrals but don't have enough neutrals in my stash to make it work. Lynne Hagmeier was the designer this week and there are lots of seams to match. I hope it's not like the newspaper crossword puzzle....getting harder as the week goes on.
Yesterday I went to a new quilt shop and found some cute backing for the plus sign quilt that is finally finished. I packed it all up with the batting and thread and mailed it to my quilter. We're trying Dream Cotton for the first time.
Hope everyone has a good weekend with lots of time to sew.

farmgirlretired
June 10th, 2018, 12:23 AM
go to lawn store and get "Earth Right" It is a product designed to drain standing water and to prep the soil to drain in the future. Follow directions, don't try to scrimp.