PDA

View Full Version : It's a "Where did the sun go?" Wednesday

Monique
June 6th, 2018, 06:35 AM

UGH another cloudy day. I NEED some sunshine.

Good news on the van. It wasn't a bearing. BAD NEWS!! Loose wheel. That put a fright into me. He said he took the nuts off with his hand, scary. Ball joint will be replaced tomorrow and he will recheck the tires again.

Good news on the lawn tractor. Took him 10 minutes to fix it, belt had slipped off. It's a friend of ours who came by. Barter system, he got 6 cd's that I made for him for the all the 5 seasons of Vikings. All is good.

I didn't get any sewing done yesterday but I did cut scraps into manageable pieces. A lady at retreat was doing an I spy quilt and she let me have some of her fabric. I also bought a bag of scraps at the quilt show. So I was productive.

Today Bonnie and I are going to finish up the cleaning at the apartment. It shouldn't take very long.

Have a great day everyone and SMILE!!!!

Star lover
June 6th, 2018, 07:06 AM
Morning Monique......and everyone!

It was cool and cloudy yesterday......cut the lawn....whipped. Have no idea what today will bring. Weather gurus say sun and 72'.....we'll see. They've been wrong for a week. But no complaints.....it could be worse.......

How fun, an I Spy Quilt......want to do one.....someday.....along with about 30000 others.......I need to live to 400 to make them all! Ah well, fun till I can't do them anymore. By then I'll probably won't know what a quilt is.

I love the barter system....we used to do that so much more years ago......not much today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful peaceful day. Love and hugs all around!

Bubby
June 6th, 2018, 07:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone...So far it's a fairly quiet morning here. The Girls have been out and are resting quietly in their beds like little angels. Jeff will probably wake them up to play with them before he leaves for work and I will be left with two hyper pups. Dottie is napping in the sewing room with me.

I fixed taco salad for our dinner last night and it was so good. I put together the components and we each do our own thing because we eat different dressings. Nice way to eat.

Monique, I hope your sunshine comes back. I worked with a man who suffered with SAD and he had severe mood swings when it was gloomy. Our winter weather can bring us weeks of no sunshine at a time. I light candles and bake something that makes the house smell good...naps are a good thing, too.

I'm off to see what I can get done before Jeff leaves for work. After that it's Pup City USA.

Wishing you all a stellar day.

Ginny B
June 6th, 2018, 07:54 AM
Good morning all. The sun is showing itself a bit this morning. I am feeling 100% better than I was last Friday for sure and dh and I are getting a lot of things done around the house each evening in prep for the family visit next week. I was beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed with all the things on my "to do" list but he is helping to get things checked off our list. One of the things we are doing is looking at things from an 18 mo. olds' point of view and removing as many things as possible that would be a no-no for a toddler. I also did get a couple of sewing projects finished that my youngest son asked me to make for him to give to a couple of people he knows. One was a cell phone pillow and the other is a NCW. He wanted them both personalized. I was happy that I got to finish those two projects.

It's been busy at work prepping for being out for a week also. One of the tasks I do every afternoon from 4-5 was taken over by someone else yesterday as a practice day. He was successful inputting the info for one of the routes and I will go in and check the rest this morning. I have sent out reminders that I'll be out so if anyone needs anything before next week, I need to know by today to give me time to get it done.

So it's go, go go at work and at home so I'd better get myself going today. Good news Monique about your lawn mower and van - but a loose wheel, scary. Barb, have fun with the pups and Dottie today. Anita I hope you get some sunshine.

Have a great day everyone.

Cathy F
June 6th, 2018, 08:24 AM
Morning all,
Nice to see the sun shining this morning. Yesterday was a day where the sun would come out for a bit then get cloudy and the sky dark, seems it couldn't make up it's mind.
Seems we have a pair of mallard ducks that have adopted our yard as a place to come and eat. Every morning they are under the bird feeder now eating the dropped seed, then parade around the yard and examine all the in and outs of it. When they are done they fly over the fence into my neighbor's in- ground pool for a swim. Don't know how thrilled he is with that or if he's even seen them but I enjoy watching them. This morning I went out and was sitting on the deck watching them they don't seem to mind my prescence, seem use to people.
Tomorrow night I'm going to Mercy Center ( a home for teenage girls who can't live at home with their families) for a craft night and dessert. Last year we did wooden jewley/trinket boxes and it was a big hit so we will do it again with the new bunch of girls there. Afterward we have cookies and ice cream sundaes. This is my third year doing it and I really enjoy it.
Don't know if I'll get time in the sewing room today. Hopefully my order from M* will arrive soon then I can get started on another project.
Well, must get moving, a cup of coffee is calling my name. Wishing everyone a good day!

KPH
June 6th, 2018, 08:56 AM
Good Morning All,

It's cloudy this morning and I probably would have slept longer if the traffic behind the house hadn't been so loud. I'm up and sipping my coffee on Mike's day off. Kids are coming to dinner tonight and I've got no clue. I cooked three chicken large chicken breasts yesterday. I'm thinking chicken salad. A trip to the grocery store for some inspiration is in order today.

I walked into the sewing room countless times yesterday trying to get motivated to start on Mel's quilt. It didn't move from the ironing board (by itself). Around 9 last night I finally figured out what I was going to do, so I'll start on that shortly.

The palm trees got their hair cut yesterday. It's kind of sad, I loved watching the fronds blowing in the breeze, but now the view out the window is just trunks. Those poor things are just about naked. The great thing- all of the blooms are gone. I hadn't even realize they were in bloom until I went out there yesterday. They guys that came said trimming once a year was all they would ever need, so I guess I'll call them back next May. They forgot to put the lawn ornaments back out, so I'll be taking care of that today.

The bird feeder has been busy the last couple of days. A tufted tit mouse couple, house finches, and a dove have been busy pecking away. Papa cardinal is getting stern with the the fledgling, he's not sharing the perch on the brick feeder with the youngin'. He ain't having none of that! Nana brought back the humming bird feeder. They didn't have any better luck with it than I did. It disappointed Jonathan. I have to admit, the only luck I've ever had with humming birds were at the flower boxes that were on my mobile unit classroom.

Jim thinks I want to garden, I'm not sure what possessed him to think that. I guess he's so thrilled with his container gardens he wants me to take up the hobby and I guess I'm remembering the rows and rows that I had to tend when I was growing up. Mercy! I know the kids are excited about growing their own food, but I'll pass.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Have a great day, everyone!

JCY
June 6th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Monique - come to Colorado - lots of sunshine here! We had our first triple digit temp. yest. It was 102! Hot - hot!! I spent 1 hr. 45 min. at the dentist's for crown prep. I have the temporary on. Go back in 2 wks. for the perm. crown, plus prep for 2 more. That should conclude the major work. I hope so; it's been expensive.

My Mercury was finished yest. Brakes front & back, brake fluid flush, the air bag light fixed, the air flow sensor replaced, & oil change. Total was $1,912.73. So that was another hit on the wallet. Glad to have my car back.

I had barely an hour for sewing yest. I finished the top by adding another narrow white border. I'm pleased with how it looks.

After DH went to bed, I decided to defrost the freezer, which is in the garage, just outside the kitchen door. It was so hot out there! Usually I do the freezer in the a.m. while it's cool, but I decided to get it done. I need to make chicken soup tomorrow.

Today will be groc. shopping. Hopefully some sewing, too.

KPH
June 6th, 2018, 09:32 AM
Bird feeder update, this was just too funny. The fledgling just showed up without Papa. The fledgling is starting to show it's crown, and it's breast is starting to turn red. He's growing up. Well, he landed on top of the bird feeder. The brick's been pecked on for a couple of weeks so it's about down to the third row of wire from the top. Here's this little one trying to stretch his head through the wire, but doesn't know how to keep his balance. Poor thing he's flapping and flapping trying to keep his balance.

He tried about three times, before he flew off. I doubt that he heard me telling him to get on the bottom wire. lol, typical man, never listens to reason.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 6th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Good morning ladies,
Another dull day today, rain on and off. Yesterday was the same, but I got lots done, groceries, visit with mom and her laundry done. Also put back the sewing room in order. A friend and some of her new sewing friends are coming over this morning to have a look at fabrics, items I have for sale. I TS what I had left over from the fabric sale. There's not much, but it may be enough to get them going on small projects.

Tonight is girls' night out with Pat and Connie. Jim is out of town, so we usually get together for special night out. I didnt get any sewing done, but I am on the look out for border fabric for quatrefoil quilt. I will make strawberry/rhubarb pie, with rhubarb Dorothy gave me. Also plan on making killer batch of baked beans, to freeze.

We have a family of chipmunks. We always had one or two, but obviously they mated over the winter. How cute. They are keeping our cats busy, running from one window to another.

My package order of May 18th from M* left May 31, but it has not moved/arrived at US facility. At this rate I think my order from CT of May 26 will arrive by the end of the week. I will give a call to M*. I have not responded to email follow-up asking about service re this order.

Have a good day.iPad battery dying, and I am not fully charged. Need more coffee.