PDA

View Full Version : Ipad

TMP
June 5th, 2018, 01:06 PM
I am wondering if any of you have ever had this happen. I bought a new Ipad before Christmas and I have loaded a few apps onto it. The silly thing just comes on by its self. Even when I have it completely turned off and this has happened more than once so I know I have turned it off. I do close out the apps. It will turn its self on and I hear FOX news coming thru loud and clear and no picture. It woke me up at 3 am . Yesterday my grandson says grandmommy I hear people talking, it was the Ipad. This is not my first Ipad. I know this is probably some silly little thing I haven't done but I have no idea how to keep it from doing this.

Star lover
June 5th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Wow, very strange. I have an iPad and it's never done that.

I has turned itself off however...more than once. Not like I left it on for a long time. It's on, walk away, come back 5 minutes later, it's off......strange......

Guess we have ghosties living in our iPads......

Found this online.....seems to happen to more than just you and this is what they said......

"Reset or Restore. Resetting the iPad is a more thorough way of rebooting the device and may resolve the device's aberrant behavior. To do this, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and ignore the red slider that appears on screen. Keep the Sleep/Wake button pressed down until you see the Apple logo appear."

Star lover
June 5th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Also found that if you go into settings.......general......accessibility.....down to switch control.....be sure it is on off.

Just what I found online...... check before doing......I'm not an expert.

I checked mine, it says off.

Now to figure out what it keeps turning off......

auntstuff
June 5th, 2018, 01:54 PM
You should have a timer setting for that somewhere, Starlover.

Greyjay
June 5th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Have you tried taking it offline before you turn it off? Sounds like you are getting news updates or something similar through one of your apps.

Midge
June 5th, 2018, 06:58 PM
I have never had a malfunction with my iPad. I would check my settings and then try the resetting procedure that Anita outlined above. If it happened again I would make an appointment and take it to an Apple store to have them look at it. If it can't be readily fixed they will probably give you a brand new one.

Vonnie
June 5th, 2018, 07:30 PM
My husband said you should take it back to the store and let them check it for anything that's not suppose to be there like an extra app that does this or one of the apps you have on there is doing it.

Maria Sews
June 6th, 2018, 02:37 AM
Do you have the Fox news app loaded on your ipad? I had a similar app on mine and before I turned off the verbal notifications in the app itself, I would get weather updates as they happened (yes, I jumped a few times when it happened!!). The app I have is a local news station where I live. So the problem may not be your ipad but, rather, the setting in the Fox news app, if you have that app on your ipad.

bubba
June 6th, 2018, 03:34 AM
If you live near an Apple Store, like I do, I'd head there with it. I had a problem with mine, which was three years old. Turned out the battery was bad, however the warranty had expired. I got a brand new one for $99, so I was happy!