PDA

View Full Version : Overcast Tuesday

Monique
June 5th, 2018, 08:32 AM

Good morning friends. Yes another overcast colder day again today. Work went well yesterday but I was tired and my back was killing me. I took a muscle relaxer and slept like a baby. Back is still sore but not so bad. I think this was from cutting the grass.

A friend is coming today to look at the lawn tractor. I have a supper date tonight and the van is going in the garage this morning. Oil change for sure and something isn't right, I think a bearing. Hopefully it can be fixed today.

Tomorrow, Bonnie and I are going back to the apartment to give a once over and clean. The landlord is giving her a hard time about breaking her lease. Believe me, she has just cause if he wants to go to court. I have a dr's appointment on Thursday and then back to work Friday.

So I am not sure what is on the agenda for today or if I will even get some sewing done.

Have a great day friends.

Star lover
June 5th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Morning Monique!.....and all!

I'm glad your back is better this am.....cutting the lawn? Maybe, but could also be moving those branches. Gotta take care of yourself!

Sure hope you have a restful, relaxing day.....whatever you do.....or don't do.

Cloudy, rainy here. It was to be sunny today......I was going to cut the lawn.....not gonna now, so who knows what mischief I can get myself into? Mischief and me.....good buddies!

Gotta good laugh from the dog pic!

Love and hugs to all. Hoping y'all have a wonderful day!

JCY
June 5th, 2018, 09:06 AM
Good Morning ~ Clear skies here, with another hot day expected. It was 98 deg. yest.! In the morning I did 4 loads of laundry & baked DH's 2 loaves of spelt bread. In the afternoon & eve. & I put in 2.5 hrs. of sewing. I pieced together all those 2.5" squares for the 2nd border -- 21 sq. for the sides, & 19 sq. for the top/bottom & sewed them on. It really dresses up what, to me, seemed to be a rather blah quilt top. One more 1" white border to go before the top is finished.

I hate skunks! I was wakened out of a sound sleep at 3:45 this a.m. with that awful skunk odor. Had to close my window. You'd think in the city we wouldn't have to be bothered with this kind of wildlife. Yuk.

Today is another dentist appt. for crown prep. It's a 90 min. appt. Not looking forward to that. Two more to go after this one.

Time to fix DH's breakfast.

Bubby
June 5th, 2018, 09:21 AM
Morning Everyone....It's going to be a perfect Summer day...high heat and humidity that will curl your hair. The Girls are napping after their early morning romp and breakfast. Jeff just left for work and Dot and I are in the sewing room. I actually sat down and made two Girl Stuff bags yesterday to send to my DD. One is for her and the other is for my DGSs fiancée-to-be.

Taco salad for our dinner tonight. Jeff will mow when he gets home and I will likely go to bed early tonight...at least that's my plan. I took a spill yesterday while carrying Dottie to her chair to get her away from the Little Girls. I was carrying her quite high so I wouldn't hurt my back and one of the Little Girls caused me to trip. I fell onto my knees but I was able to catapult Dottie onto the cushion of her chair. She had the most amazed look on her face when this happened. I have carpet burns on my knees a
large bruise on my arm plus a sprained thumb. At least the pups came through this mess fine.

Monique, I hope Bonnie doesn't have trouble with her landlord. In Missouri it's not acceptable to break a lease for sickness, but it's the humane thing for the landlord to release her from her obligation. Jeff and I do this fairly often. Right now we are in the process of releasing the mother of the girl who committed suicide. Yes, we will lose several months income, but some things are more important than a lease. If we don't have compassion for those suffering, how could we expect any when we need it?

Have a wonderful day everyone.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 5th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Good morning ladies,
Monique - watch that back. I also tend to do a lot of heavy work and end up paying for it. I probably should also have taken Advil last night. My legs and feet are killing me from yardwork, driving and shopping over the past few days. Oh well, I'm no spring chick.

Yesterday was a full house at Victoria quilt. 15 women. I got a top sewn up, as we watched the crazy downpour of rain in the beautiful room with a 2 level-storey of windows. I brought the batting and flannel backing home to finish 4 tops over the next month. We have another 12 tops which need quilting. The ladies who tie the tops, finished 3 yesterday. A few of us will get together over the summer to try and catch up on backlog.

Today, I will go back and return the mouldy cheese I bought yesterday. Did not notice 'till I got home. I will also bring down my machine to set up for sewing later. It's going to rain, so a good day for indoor activities. I had taken out a prepped meal of beef stew. It was good, since temperatures dropped a lot yesterday.

Have a good day.

Simply Quilting
June 5th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Good morning! The morning is beautiful and cool. It will be warming up today but I am going to enjoy the cool of the morning. Today I am excited to take a quilt top to have it custom quilted. If it turns out the way that I am envisioning, it is going to look fabulous.

We now have 24 people registered for the MSQC Fall Forum retreat. We can do a max of 38, so if anyone is interested please visit this post for details and the registration link https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=75070

There are several other things on the agenda to get done today. So I had better get busy.

Have a fabulous Tuesday everyone :)

MissMay
June 5th, 2018, 09:32 AM
I'm here early this morning, still aching like yesterday but feeling better physically but must remind myself to take it easy for a bit longer. I have a few packages to get together and then I'll attack the bills and the junk mail, the bills and junk never stop coming. One annoying thing that has lessened recently are all those spam calls, might be because my DH yells at them no matter if some of them are computers. One of the packages I'm making are some tops, panels and UFO's for the Shriner's Auction. Better finish my coffee and get to work. Take it easy today gals, Hugs, Miss May

Ginny B
June 5th, 2018, 09:57 AM
Good morning all. Back to work yesterday and it sure was busy catching up with stuff from being out on Friday, plus it was payroll day and then all the usual Monday stuff. Then throw in that my doctor wanted me to come into see him at 10:30. He wanted to review what happened Friday and talk to me about it. And, of course, he wanted to run his own tests that weren't done at the hospital. Did 3 yesterday and am going back for 2 more this morning. He also mentioned another stress test and I told him I'd think about when I want to do that. He does one every year and it's always fine but it stresses me out trying to fit it into my work day . So I think we will schedule it for next month after I retire. Less stress for the stress test.

Getting very excited about having the family together starting this Saturday. Can't wait to get to snuggle Zeke. I am headed to the store now before dr. appt. to pick up some things we need for him and also to get some rice and food coloring to make some colored rice for him to play with while he is here. He loves doing that at home so I want to have activities that he likes at home available for him here.

Have a good day everyone.

KPH
June 5th, 2018, 11:14 AM
After being bad yesterday and finishing up the SS project, I decided to get busy sandwiching Mel's quilt. I pinned the edge of the backing to the rug and started stretching it out. That wasn't working. So I pulled it up remeasured the top and figured out how much of the backing fabric I really needed and ripped it to size. By then I wanted a little break. That was a big mistake. I picked up the smaller piece got it all pinned and the batting laid out and smoothed. Only to find out it was the smaller piece. Thank goodness I hadn't spray basted the batting down. So I pulled out all the pins, and threw that piece into the 'reading nook'. Third try, Pinned the backing down, sprayed basted the batting down (lopsided) and then finally the top. I managed to get it on lopsided too. What a time I had!

I also did my grocery shopping online and had it delivered. I didn't order much, as I didn't need a lot but it was enough that I won't have to go back to the grocery store on Mike's only day off. Now guess who was upset that I did it.... Mike! He went into the 'You need to get out of the house' mode. Well, if everyone is busy, what do you want me to do? I thought it was a good option and the fee for free delivery for a year is really reasonable. I look at it like, you'll get what's on the list and not spend a lot on all of those things that catch your eye in the store.

My MIL called last night. We had a good visit. I'm worried that she's developing a problem with her kidney. She had kidney cancer over 8 years ago. It was encapsulated within the kidney and hadn't spread, which was a good thing. She'll be seeing her kidney dr. today. She was excited 3 of her youngest grands graduated from high school this year. Only two grands left to graduate from HS for her. Dr, Wesley is taking her around town while he's taking a break from teaching his college courses. So she's a happy grandma.

Today, Mel's quilt is calling me. I cleaned under the plexiglass table Howard made for my sewing machine. I don't think it's been really scrubbed under there since Christmas. Nasty doesn't begin to describe it! I had to wash out the microfiber cloth 4 times from all of the lint, strings and dust. That white desk top really hides a lot of mess! The guys from Canary Tree are coming to take all of the dead fronds from the palm trees today. Mike goes in around noon and won't be back until around 10. He ended up working 3 hours over yesterday because they didn't have anybody else to work back of house.

My back ordered Tuscan Sunset arrived yesterday. I'll need to find that pattern. I think it's going to be a nice addition to the kitchen pantry doors.

Have a great day!

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Claire Hallman
June 5th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Sorry for that fall, glad you didn't do something worse to yourself. Puppies are a true trip hazard.
That picture looks just like my dog and she does dislike the rain, too. She will go out in an emergency though, doesn't poop behind the sofa, lol.
Our weather is so very nice right now, very low humidity makes for wonderful porch sitting. Today we vote in a primary election, do an exercise class then grocery shop. It will be a full day since we might also go to the movie to see Book Club. Rare to find a movie for my age group anymore.

Cathy F
June 5th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Afternoon all,
A late start of reading the daily thread today. My husband went out with this friends for breakfast this morning so it gave me time to sew and get two Christmas wreaths made while he was out. Not sure if I'm doing a Christmas fair this year but have set up to get an early start just in case. Waiting for my next order from M* so will think on what i want to do next..

Clouded up earlier but the sun is back out now and i hope it continues. Those heavy rains wreak having on the delicate flowers.

Going to make a quick trip upstate, will see my sister and will pick up my featherweight which I took up in April when i went to my retreat to be cleaned and serviced. It is usually done overnight but they found a broken spring that had to be ordered so i left it there and my friend who lives up there picked it up when it was done. Will be glad to get it back and use it.

Better get a move on and clean up my mess from today's sewing project. Trying to turn a new leaf and clean up after each project... Let's see how long that lasts!

Barb, glad to hear no major damage for you or Dottie after your fall. Those accidents sure do give a scare though.