PDA

View Full Version : I've been bad

KPH
June 4th, 2018, 10:10 AM
It started off innocently enough. I have two regular bed pillows that I keep on top of the bed for when I prop up at night to read or watch You Tube tutorials before I go to sleep. I thought I'd make two pillow cases to go with the new quilt. That wasn't bad, right?

Well then I thought about the Lock Blocks and I started searching for those, click into my cart it went.

Well, then it wasn't that much to make the 'free shipping', being inspired by Suzanne's Christmas quatrefoil I thought that would be nice to have on the sofa in the living room during the holiday season. So I clicked over and started looking at those, click, click, click.

My cart was full enough! I'll still have to pick up the 2- half yard contrasting pieces, but I clicked on the Kona Snow, A Joyful Season layer cake, and the matching border fabric.

It's only the fourth of the month... I'll have to be really good for the rest of the month! (But, I might have enough to keep me busy in June, maybe)!

Claire Hallman
June 4th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Not bad, creative juices flow through you.:D

Rhonda K
June 4th, 2018, 10:43 AM
How fun to look forward to a new project. Click! Click! Click away!

Bubby
June 4th, 2018, 10:45 AM
That wasn't bad, that was FUN! Enjoy your new pretties!

Star lover
June 4th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Oooooo, got my fingers itching......to click, click, click.....oooooo, sounds like fun.......but maybe another day.....mmmmm, we'll see I "good" I can be.

GuitarGramma
June 4th, 2018, 02:16 PM
Oh, Katrina, you're not "bad"! You're helping the economy! It's public service.

KPH
June 4th, 2018, 02:47 PM

Ohhhhhhhh, I like that one! I'll go with that! And smile really big when it gets here because I'm helping the economy. I ought to get a medal! lol

Cathy F
June 4th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Yup, I was clicking too! Got to keep the economy moving in the right direction so I'm trying to do my share! LOL!

I' ve been ordering Christmas fabric to get it while it's still available. Some of those cute lines sell out quickly.

jjkaiser
June 4th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Oh me too, I currently have 3 orders processing from 3 different places. I just hope I can beat my dh to the mailbox. Luckily I pay the bills around here and he rarely even looks at any of them including the Master Card. But the stuff I ordered was all for a specific quilt, not just my usual impulse buying, "ooh I have to have that one, and one of those, and oh isn't that one cute" or the biggest trap of all, On Sale!!!

Caroline T.
June 4th, 2018, 06:50 PM

Oh Golly, when you put it that way, I feel like such a slacker. I just checked my recent order folder, and realized I haven't bought any fabric since March 29th. This is so unlike me!

But in my defense, I have been spending some money on getting the new sewing studio together, and lots of time just working on my ongoing ufo's (mostly scrap quilts), in an effort to not add more to the inventory of items to move from the old sewing space to the new one (once its completed that is).

Cokie
June 4th, 2018, 10:30 PM
I've been pretty good up until just lately...and today when I saw the DD I absolutely loved that fabric. So...I was bad too but I had some gift cards that I used up for most of it. Now, to find the time to sew!!

Monique
June 5th, 2018, 08:20 AM
I was bad too at the quilt show. BUT it was so darn cute. I bought most from one particular vendor because she had a not tax weekend.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 5th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Oh you are good at being bad. It's all for a good cause. You will love the Loc Bloc ruler. I use my 4 1/2" all the time, and will probably get the larger one soon.

I would order, but still waiting for M* order of May 18th, and Connecting Threads of May 29th. Looks like I will get CT first, this week.

I have to pace myself at buying fabrics or my collections will be outdated before I sew them. Oh, if I could only go lock myself away somewhere for a month or so. oh well, it is what it is. I just need to carve out time for me. Now, who could I hire to make life easier?

Keep the economy going.