PDA

View Full Version : It's not a sunny Sunday

KPH
June 3rd, 2018, 08:38 AM
Good Morning All,

It certainly isn't sunny this Sunday, it's supposed to be in the mid 90s today with more rain this afternoon. I've lost count but I'm pretty sure we've passed the number of days without rain with the number of days with rain. Nice thing about this house we can watch the rain coming in from land to the right of my chair in the living room and the rain coming in from the beach on the left.

Yesterday, Jim showed up ready to finish the tool box exchange. I ran out of drawers. Seriously, I ran out of drawers to put stuff in. I kept a whole lot more than I would have kept, but apparently I need all of this stuff. I just keep thinking, you've got that hording tendency from your Dad! We went to target to pick up some boxes to go on the lower shelf for the odd ball stuff I didn't have room for in the tool box. One day, they're going to have to deal with this tool box, but I bet I won't be adding anything to it!

After working in the heat of the garage, I wasn't in the mood to try to sandwich Mel's quilt so I worked on a little Secret Santa project. That took a lot longer than I had planned for, but it's started and I'm learning some new things while working on this so I may use it for the December Challenge, we'll see. I'm a third of the way through, so it may be a good project for this hot afternoon.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of Thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Monique
June 3rd, 2018, 08:56 AM
Good morning Katrina. Well I am back to reality but I could have stayed longer. The quilt show had great attendance yesterday and I did get see Suzanne and meet her husband and her friend Pat as well. I was tired by the time I got home.

My afternoon job was no other than......drumroll here.............QUILT POLICE. They should have given me a badge. My job was to watch that people didn't touch the quilts without gloves on. And I caught quite a few people doing so. hahaha I loved that part.

The merchant mall was great and I bought more fabric that I really didn't need but it was oh so beautiful. I purchased a layer cake and a charm pack cake recipes. I also bought a scrap bag that has some really nice scraps in it. All in all it was a wonderful day.

I have today off but back to work tomorrow and Friday. I also have the next few Mondays to work as well. This month is turning out to be quite busy.

It is a beautiful sunny day, no clouds in the sky as of yet. Enjoy your Sunday, friends.

JCY
June 3rd, 2018, 09:02 AM
Good Morning, Katrina & Everyone ~ It promises to be another beautiful day. After the cool start to yest., it got up to 88 deg. later in the day. May be about the same today, but the weather man said to expect haze from the wildfires. There's a fire in SW Colo. near Durango. Fire season is starting early. SW Colo. is having severe drought. They did not get their usual winter snow pack.

By afternoon yest. I was starting to feel my sore muscles from the morning's weeding. My L. hand aches from weed pulling. But it looks so much better out front. I wish I had the stamina for all this yard work that I had when I was younger. I made it to the sewing room for barely an hour. Sewed together the blocks on the Bordered 9-P. I should have more time this afternoon for sewing. It will be church this a.m. I need to stop at Whole Foods on the way home for my organic turkey bacon & some Kombucha.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the week end.

Carlie Wolf
June 3rd, 2018, 09:13 AM
Good Morning everyone.

KPH, what a good girl working on you SS stuff :-) (Carlie looks around the house for a drawer to put her whip in!)

It feels real muggy today. Last night the fog rolled in very thick. It reminded me of some scenes from the movie "The Fog", the John Carpenter one. Anyone ever seen that movie?

I entered an art competition for the 2018 Pro Life Conference and won honorable mention for both my quilt banners. They will be displayed at the Conference this month in Missouri. I was really surprised because I wasn't sure that quilts would be included in the competition but thought what the heck, give it a try. So that was a pleasant surprise. I didn't realize how excited I'd be...but I was LOL I was doing a happy dance all over the house. I'm still waiting for them to email me the address to mail the actual banners to so I suspect I'll hear next week and get them sent out.

I don't know what I'll do today. I'm half hoping my neighbor calls and asks if I want to go over to Walmart with her. That way I can pick up groceries. Otherwise I have to wait to go Wednesday with my other friend.

Bubby
June 3rd, 2018, 09:13 AM
Hi Everyone...We had a busy time at the apartments yesterday and while there we had a very bad storm pass through. We almost took shelter in the stairway closet. The pups were terrified but Dottie calmed them down. Dottie and Maggie are slowly becoming friends. Maggie behaves like a normal puppy but Sugar is still way too hyper for Dottie's approval and she runs Sugar off with menacing growls and an occasional chase. Never a dull moment in our household anymore.

Jeff needs to have surgery for a hernia but getting him to commit to it is another story. Maybe when our lives slow down a little.

Did you happen to see the gorgeous cat quilt Jenny gave her DGD who graduated? I'm assuming Jenny made it. The pictures are on FB. Does anyone know if this is a Jenny original?

I'm ready for church already and need to make our breakfast so we can get moving.

Have a blessed day everyone...

grammaterry
June 3rd, 2018, 09:25 AM
Suppose to be a dry day today so I guess I'll scrub the swimming pool deck. It is 50 years old and every year the stains from the leaves of winter are worse . We've tried all kinds of stains and paints but nothing lasts very long.
Yesterday, I weeded a bit and I worked on the cathedral window quilt for several hours. It is really slow going but I think it might win a competition for the most hours spent on a not at all perfect quilt.
DH is still grumbly. He must be overwhelmed with the household projects. They seem never ending. YEsterday he put a handrail up on the new steps to the new door . Then he painted the front steps with some sand added so they wouldn't be so slick. He is working on getting the swimming pool clear and with the rain...that is a project and now the grass needs mowed again and the blade on the tractor mower broke. Too much.
I just want to stop for a while and breathe and enjoy being here but his constant movement gives me guilt.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 3rd, 2018, 09:37 AM
Good morning ladies.
Saturday we drove to the quilt show, an hour+ away. It was a beautiful sunny, cooler day, perfect for a road trip. My DH and girlfriend Pat met Monique. What a beautiful show. There were many inspiring quilts, and many were hand quilted. Our guild has less and less people hand quilting. So I appreciate the look. Maybe one day, I will do one by hand. Last time I did panels that way, my hands were cramped for weeks. We then stopped at quilt store, and other shopping on our way home.

Last night we had a planned call with DH niece in Wichita. Her son has been living with his dad (94), but it is getting scary leaving him at home all day. He does get checked on at lunchtime and dinner, but the GGS works long hours. Dad has been lost for awhile and I keep telling DH that we need to go and get him in assisted/long term living for his safety. His niece (DH parents raised her), will look into a nice place. DH's sister is in a facility and wa partly to blame for hoarding, when she moved in after the mom died. The chore will be to clear the house. Last time we visited in 2011, it was a scene from Hoarders. They have tried to clear up things, but overwhelming. DH can't get away until August, but I am thinking of going down sooner, to get services hired to empty house. My solution is large take-away bins. I wish I had trusted names of individuals up for the task that I could hire to help me. I know I need to be clear from my recent bout of asthma, before I tackle that house. I know I would have to gown up and wear protective gear. If anyone has ideas/ services in this area, let me know.

If I go down, I am definitely going to reward myself with a trip to Hamilton, MO. DH said I can go down sooner if I want, but I am watching weather, as this is active tornado weather.

Today, I will mask up and do back yardwork . We also got the replacement canopy on Friday, so will set that up. Yeah for shade.

Have a good day everyone. Praying for those in need of hope, strength and love.

JulieC
June 3rd, 2018, 09:45 AM
Happy Sunday, Everyone!

It's a sunny start today, but there is rain and thunderstorms in the forecast for early this afternoon. I mowed the front yard yesterday, it was blessedly cool -- maybe 70 degrees. I will mow the backyard later this morning. I still have to wear the knee brace on my left knee when I mow. I tried mowing without it last week, I mowed two passes on the side yard and knew I wouldn't make it without the brace. Oh, well. I paid $150 for it, I might as well use it. (My insurance didn't cover the cost because I hadn't met my deductible yet.)

Monique: how fun to have such a coveted title! We often have Food Police where I work. Anytime there's food, it's like everyone's antenna goes up, and they descend on it in droves, even if they're not part of that meeting or event.

Katrina: I feel your pain with all those tools. When my dad passed, he left behind so many tools it was overwhelming! Why did he need so many screwdriver and wrench sets? They all looked alike to us. You're lucky you have sons who are able to help you. My brother is useless with that stuff and my BIL lives in Texas, so Mom had a bunch of guys from her church come over and go through the basement -- they picked it clean. Literally. They did not leave one screw or nail. I thought they would leave Mom maybe one wrench set or one screwdriver set, but no -- they took it all. Some of it they kept, some of it was sold at the church rummage sale, and I don't know what happened to the rest. Then my sister and I went in the garage and found more!

Per usual, my weekend to do list is longer than I am, so I think I'll have another cup of tea and see if I can check something off the list.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!