PDA

View Full Version : New Grand on the way...

seaturtle
June 1st, 2018, 12:50 PM
Hi guys,

I haven't been here for quite a while.

We got wonderful news for Mother's Day. Our DD is expecting - due in December. They had told us they were done - they have two boys - but it seems that isn't the case. We are thrilled with the news!

She just had an initial ultrasound and they found a subchorionic hemorrhage in the placenta, just to the side of the place of attachment. She is still in the 1st trimester so it will need to be watched carefully.

I have found that google is not your friend on these things. I know there are quite a few nurses here that may be able to chime in with some better news. She's 37 and more than a little concerned she might lose this baby.

If you're so inclined, prayers would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

KPH
June 1st, 2018, 12:54 PM
Prayers being lifted for healthy and uneventful pregnancy and a healthy and happy baby!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 1st, 2018, 12:57 PM
Hope everything works out for a good outcome and a new grandchild! Prayers for all!

Star lover
June 1st, 2018, 12:59 PM
I'm not a nurse, so no help. But I can and will be praying!

Caroline T.
June 1st, 2018, 01:08 PM
Offering up my prayers for a blessed pregnancy and a healthy baby.

Sandy Navas
June 1st, 2018, 02:10 PM
Prayers for you - and your DD and family, most especially.

GuitarGramma
June 1st, 2018, 02:53 PM
Definitely will pray for your daughter and her baby!

MaggieSue
June 1st, 2018, 05:03 PM
I am a nurse but have been retired now for half a year, and my specialty was Behavioral Health. But I sure can pray for all!!!

Simply Quilting
June 1st, 2018, 06:24 PM
Prayers for this little one on the way.

cv quilter
June 1st, 2018, 07:11 PM
No medical knowledge here, but I am capable of praying and believe in the power of prayer....therefore, I will pray for all concerned. We know where the power comes from. God Bless.

LLLinda
June 1st, 2018, 08:58 PM
I'm also on the prayer chain.

auntiemern
June 1st, 2018, 10:06 PM
Prayers winging your way.

seaturtle
June 2nd, 2018, 10:11 AM
Thanks, everyone. We appreciate all the prayers. It's hard to be this excited and somber at the same time, but she doesn't want others to know until she's passed the first trimester and the risk decreases. Thanks for letting me share this with you.

JCY
June 2nd, 2018, 12:02 PM
Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. It's wonderful to know when others care & are praying. I hope all will be well.

jjkaiser
June 2nd, 2018, 01:36 PM
This is just wonderful news. I hope there are no complications. Let us know when she has that first trimester behind her.

RockinLou
June 3rd, 2018, 11:59 AM
I was just thinking of you, Cindy, and how nice it was to meet up last summer, then I haven't seen you on lately.

Sorry to hear about the concerns, I'll keep your daughter and the new grand in my prayers.

seaturtle
June 4th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Thanks, everyone, she has another appointment on Thursday, so hoping for good news. Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

Rocking Lou, so good to 'see' you here. I have been spending my time making purses and wallets so I haven't been here as often as I used to. Now with a new grand on the way, of course I'll need to make another quilt. Hope all is well with you and yours!