PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday, It's Friday

KPH
June 1st, 2018, 09:43 AM
Well, another week is coming to a close. Yesterday after home school with Jonathan, I did some major cleaning up on my sewing room floor. Now the fun part, taking off the plexiglass table DH made for me to CLEAN all the dust and lint that's under that! It's a mess and a half, probably should wear a mask to keep the 'small particulates' from aggravating my allergies (they don't need any help!).

I'll probably sandwich Mel's quilt today and start on it. Need to get caught up on the Women's Bible Study, and figure out what I want to eat for dinner.

I guess the mail box lock/ key is going to get fixed. At least I get the daily email with what's in the mail so I know there aren't any bills that are waiting for the box to be fixed (again).

I got the email that my Sunset Poppies fabric is on the way, 2 weeks earlier than I was expecting. I'm excited about getting the doors and hanger fixed for the kitchen. Now to get the magnetic paint stirrer from Jim, bless his heart, he just doesn't think about it. Next week, he'll be teaching 2 days a week for 3 weeks. Mike, on the other hand will be working 6 days again. This week he'll clock in about 50 hours, next week the schedule is the same. I told him just put it in the bank for when Toys R Us closes the door and he's hunting for a new job.

Love Jenny's new tutorial!

Best get started, Prayers for those in need for strength, healing, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Star lover
June 1st, 2018, 09:49 AM
Good morning Katrina and all who'll follow.......

Ah, to clean .....or not to clean the sewing room......a major question and a major task......mmmmm, not for me right now......to busy making a mess.

Well the weather gurus have nailed it again......said tongue planted firmly in cheek. We were to have 3 days of rain from Alfonso .....so far none and it's the third day. Not complaining, but I'd have waited to cut the lawn when it is to be cooler.....well, they could have that part wrong too. We've been in the mid 90's and with the "rain" we were to cool down into the 80's......so we'll see.

Hope all of you have a wonderful day....love, hugs and prayers for so many.
Hoping Monique is having a grand time!

Bubby
June 1st, 2018, 10:01 AM
Morning Kat and Everyone,

I really like the new tutorial, too. It's somewhat like a Log Cabin plus some snowballing. Jenny makes it look simple. I doubt it would be that simple for my brain that's angularly challenged. Sometimes I just can't 'see' things.

We had some bad storms yesterday and all night and got almost 4 inches of rain. Our front ditch is a real gully washer and Jeff took the day off work to fix it. He just told me I need to get out there and help him....just what I need today. I managed to vacuum the house and get the laundry caught up this morning. Little Girls are sleeping and Dottie is wanting to be fed.

Our Maggie is coming along so well with everything, but Little Sugar has a mind of her own and is super hyper. I want Jeff to help me take some pictures today so you can see how much they are growing. There's nothing wrong with either of them that a little time won't fix, they are still such babies and both have personality plus. They both also have strong lungs and vocal chords.

Tomorrow is a work day in Cuba but not necessarily a whole day. Jeff has to fix an A/C and I have a lease signing and inspection of another apartment.....three hours tops and we should be on our way back home.

Wishing everyone a great Friday....Hugs....

TMP
June 1st, 2018, 10:23 AM
Woke up before 6 am this morning don't you hate that when all you want to do is sleep in. DD just dropped off the grandkids and they are really awake and full of energy. I am still dragging . Bursitis is acting up in my shoulder and my wrist and fingers ache. Trying to find the good in that and all I can think of well its on one side and not all over.

Downstairs bathroom had a leak and I thought it was from the kids missing the sink. I called a plumber and the entire wall behind the vanity is wet. Seems there was an unnecessary part put on when we remodeled and it cracked. It took him longer to write out the bill than it did to fix it. $ 172.00. I can't do it and it had to be fixed. I am trying to let it dry out . I am scared to death of mold. It seems like every few days something around here breaks.

The grandkids are too quite so I better go see what is up. Have a wonderful day!
Teresa

grammaterry
June 1st, 2018, 10:34 AM
=[Try keeping a food diary to see if anything is aggravating the bursitis. I had some arthritis in my thumb and wrist 20 years ago and discovered that it only flared up 2 days after eating broccoli. Who woulda thought, right? Anyway, worth a shot.

Woke up before 6 am this morning don't you hate that when all you want to do is sleep in. DD just dropped off the grandkids and they are really awake and full of energy. I am still dragging . Bursitis is acting up in my shoulder and my wrist and fingers ache. Trying to find the good in that and all I can think of well its on one side and not all over.

Downstairs bathroom had a leak and I thought it was from the kids missing the sink. I called a plumber and the entire wall behind the vanity is wet. Seems there was an unnecessary part put on when we remodeled and it cracked. It took him longer to write out the bill than it did to fix it. $ 172.00. I can't do it and it had to be fixed. I am trying to let it dry out . I am scared to death of mold. It seems like every few days something around here breaks.

The grandkids are too quite so I better go see what is up. Have a wonderful day!
Teresa

MaggieSue
June 1st, 2018, 10:49 AM
Morning all, everyone should check their plumbing. I had a leak under my kitchen sink and had to call a plumber on Sunday. Yikes!!! As it turned out it was the connection of the spray faucet and its hose. Was dripping down the hose under the sink then following the hose down the basement leaking into three boxes of yarn!!!! Had to toss a lot of yarn. Made me just sick, but I was afraid of mold so anything that was damp/wet got tossed. Seems like the bottom of the cupboard suffered no permanent damage for which I am so grateful. Makes paying the plumber easier.
Hope all have a great day, I will be heading to the pool shortly to continue my quest to swim a half mile. Have a ways to go but I am keeping at my quest!!!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 1st, 2018, 10:52 AM
=[Try keeping a food diary to see if anything is aggravating the bursitis. I had some arthritis in my thumb and wrist 20 years ago and discovered that it only flared up 2 days after eating broccoli. Who woulda thought, right? Anyway, worth a shot.

That is interesting. I should start a log of what DH eats. He gets wicked headaches after some meals. He does have a lot of food allergies which are serious, but I think his body is becoming intolerant to many foods.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 1st, 2018, 11:03 AM
Morning all, everyone should check their plumbing. I had a leak under my kitchen sink and had to call a plumber on Sunday. Yikes!!! As it turned out it was the connection of the spray faucet and its hose. Was dripping down the hose under the sink then following the hose down the basement leaking into three boxes of yarn!!!! Had to toss a lot of yarn. Made me just sick, but I was afraid of mold so anything that was damp/wet got tossed. Seems like the bottom of the cupboard suffered no permanent damage for which I am so grateful. Makes paying the plumber easier.
Hope all have a great day, I will be heading to the pool shortly to continue my quest to swim a half mile. Have a ways to go but I am keeping at my quest!!!

I had an epic flood in my townhouse after my divorce. Over $30k damage. There was a water filtration system at the kitchen sink. It was plastic tubing, and while I was at work, it dropped from a tiny crack all day. When I came home, it had leaked to the basement, the gyrprock ceiling was hanging 2' from water and the family room had 4" of water. Luckily I called my insurance and they had the walls striped to 4' above floor, removed carpets and all furniture out, and treated for mould. Amazingly, they were at my place within 2 hours of calling. They did install 8 huge fans to gather humidity within the house. Funny thing next morning, my double doors to bedroom were swollen shut. I had to call my son in the other room to come and push open the door. It was a week of noise, and 6 weeks to rebuild. Fortunately, the insurance covered all the damage, as I had just remodelled with hardwood floors, carpets and paint throughout. If this had happened a few days later, I would not have seen demo crew for weeks, as the River flooded it's banks and all the work crews were busy with hat. I guess I was lucky in my bad luck. Serependity played a big part, I did meet my DH online at that time, since my TV was flooded out. So out of something bad, I got a good man.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 1st, 2018, 11:17 AM
TGIF. It will be a sew day today, as we are expecting lots of rain and thunderstorms and it is hot and humid. Anyway, my allergies are really bad, and I would rather be indoor. I so much love beautiful flowers and shrubs, but just the smell of them now is making me nauseous. It will cool over the weekend and be sunny, so maybe take a drive to quilt show.

I love today's new tutorial. Dang I hate new ones as I can't get all the others done fast enough. I will focus today and sew the inner border of the Quatrefoil. Then I will sandwich and try and quilt a Victoria quilt. I have two done waiting to be done. I will do something simple quilting. Monday is last sew day for Victoria Quilt before summer break, so I would like to turn those in. I usually sew binding by hand, but have told that machine sewing it is acceptable and preferred. That should go faster.

Barb - Looking forward to seeing pictures of the babies. I find pets such a joy to have. My friend Heather is getting another Jack Russell. Although I find them hyper-active dog, she loves them. She has an older one and lost another one last year. She brings the dogs to Florida for the winter, but the cat, which came from FL stays with her son. He doesn't travel well.

Katrina - I am amazed at your energy and determination. I also enjoy cleaning out the sewing room after projects. It helps me to focus on the next one. Looking forward to seeing your next project.

Have a good day and weekend.

KarenC
June 1st, 2018, 11:41 AM
Good morning all. I've been up for 4 hours, but feel that I am still inn a daze. Having been staying with a friend all week while she tries to recover her strength. She has been battling cancer for quite some time now and just got home from a 75 day hospital stay. Her son is super busy at work right now, so I offered to come stay. Since she's about 50 miles away from me, I just moved in. Needless to say, not much sewing going on. Just finished all the laundry and now I am waiting for her dialysis to finish so I can pick her up and bring her home, then it's back to DD's (about 70 miles from here) to babysit the baby while she goes to work. Haven't seen her smiling face in a week. I hear that she took a few steps for her grandpa this week. Looking forward to sleeping in my bed tonight. Heck, may even take a nap in it this afternoon. Come back here Monday evening (after babysitting again) to do a repeat. I'm not complaining. She is a good friend and I am in a position where I can help, so look at it as God's will. Plus she and her family are so appreciative. Her grands even ask about Miss Karen when they facetime her each day.

Weather has been super hot here. Feel like temps are 100+, so I try to stay indoors.
That's a wrap. Need to go load up the car. Hope everyone has a great day.

Monique
June 1st, 2018, 11:49 AM
Well good morning everyone. Packed up and ready to go home. I have to wait for hubby. Retreat has been awesome with amazing food and wonderful friends. Lots of projects finished by everyone. It is an amazing place!!

Our guild quilt show is tomorrow so I shall be busy with that.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Star lover
June 1st, 2018, 12:07 PM
Monique, so happy you had a great time! Be safe going home. "See" ya next week! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Well Katrina and Suzanne.....you've inspired me.....I cleaned! A large portion of my sewing room is done, I have another small area and it's done.......then there's the basement.....where all my fabric is stored......another day.....another time. But the sewing room is looking great! Thanks for the nudging! I need it!

KPH
June 1st, 2018, 01:01 PM
Welcome back to the fold, Monique. You were missed, but we knew you were having a grand old time. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Cathy F
June 1st, 2018, 02:54 PM
Good afternoon all,
Monique glad to hear you had a good time and did quite Abit of sewing. I always look forward to my retreat's.

Dreary day, started with fog and turned to rain with a heavy downpour earlier this morning. Rain stopped so we made a trip to Costco
and stocked up on some groceries, cupboards were looking pretty bare.

Sitting and enjoying a cup of coffee while I catch up on some posts. I should get my self in the sewing room this afternoon but then again a book is calling my attention so I may just give in and read.

LauraP
June 1st, 2018, 06:41 PM
Talked to my nice sil this morning. She has two baby possums she is going to raise as pets. Why ????? Darn if I know.
While we were out for lunch the electricity went out. No computer, sewing but worst no a/c. Temp is 92 with 59 percent humidity so no time for it to be on the blink. It came back on about 3:30. YEAH!!!! Since I couldn't do anything else I put more command hooks up for rulers and templates. Of course I ran out of hooks before templates. Then I cut out 5 fabric high chairs. I will post pictures when I get them done. Monday we head back to TX for a week or so. More heat