PDA

View Full Version : A little vent: Transition back to New England

lots2do
June 1st, 2018, 07:52 AM
Hi,
We are leaving soon for the summer months. Oh, boy, has it been hard getting ready for this road trip. We have a kitchen remodel underway here and space is at a premium between the contents of the kitchen being packed up and the items we want to take back with us. Patience is also at a premium. Not with each other at this point but I've been very frustrated with myself. I've misplaced things and have been very scattered.
We weren't supposed to have any workers here this week which was perfect for our packing plans. (Say that three times fast). But there was a snafu with the inspection and we've had someone here every day working. Today's carpenter is supposed to work tomorrow too. We had planned on leaving Sunday.
We booked a room at our first stop for Sunday night. It is non refundable. Do you think they'll let me change the reservation to Monday?
The more I'm thinking about this, the more I think we should leave on Monday. At least then, we'd have the place to ourselves to pack the car and clean.
Anyway, thanks for 'listening',
lots2do

KPH
June 1st, 2018, 09:30 AM
I would call and ask about the reservation, it won't hurt!

KarenC
June 1st, 2018, 09:47 AM
I vote with Katrina. The worst they can say is "no", and if that's the case the peace of mind of packing and cleaning without extras around may just be worth forfeiting the one night's room cost.

grammaterry
June 1st, 2018, 10:26 AM
Most places would rather have a change in the reservation than a cancellation. Call soon

jjkaiser
June 1st, 2018, 11:37 AM
Its so early in the season I bet they will let you change this. I love New England, esp Cape Cod/Sandwich area. Good luck with your remodel and have a safe trip.

LLLinda
June 1st, 2018, 09:17 PM
Do you have a friend that would house sit for one day in case you can't change your reservation?

lots2do
June 9th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Thanks everyone for responding to my anxious thoughts. We pushed through and got on our way only a half hour later than the family planner wanted to. We also had a heart to heart conversation about trying not to leave in such a tizzy again. Oh, it was so stressful with a few hurt feelings. All behind us now! We are back in N.E. and enjoying the peace and quiet.
Thanks again....