PDA

View Full Version : Ellicott City, MD Flooding -- Anyone here affected?

JCY
May 28th, 2018, 09:08 AM
A news item scrolled across my MSN page last night about flooding in downtown Ellicott City, MD (not far from Baltimore). I watched several YouTube videos of the flood waters rushing down the center of town, carrying cars & debris. The news also mentioned Anne Arundel Co., which is the co. next to where my son lives. He mentioned they'd had a lot of heavy rain as well, but no flooding in his town. And that Tropical Storm Alberto is on its way up the coast, so more rain will be coming. I hope the folks living along the Gulf Coast & in the storm's path will be ok.

KPH
May 28th, 2018, 10:09 AM
One of the authors that I follow has a beauty shop in the historic district. She just reopened her shop from the last flood that was less than 2 years ago. She posted that they knew it was a possibility that it could happen again, but it was a 'once a century' type event. I doubt that they'll rebuild there again. I know I would have serious thoughts about it.

Claire Hallman
May 28th, 2018, 10:39 AM
I saw those sad videos, too. It is amazing the destruction water can do.

Carol336
May 28th, 2018, 12:06 PM
No flooding where I am in Anne Arundel County. I've lived here my whole life and I've seen Ellicott City flood out several times.....it's just devastating. I can't imagine that they will re-build again. My heart just goes out to those poor folks......many are still not completely up and running from the last flood less than 2 years ago. I just sat here numb last night watching the water run down Main street once again......just tragic!!!!!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 29th, 2018, 10:27 AM
We have been watching on weather channel. It must be heartbreaking since they said this happened a few years ago.

I do hope that Alberto, the first tropical storm, is not a sign of storms to come this year.