PDA

View Full Version : A Burning Question

mommadeb
May 25th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Does anyone here live in the NYC area or is extremely familiar with it?

I am wondering, if a person is sitting in the international terminal at JFK (5, I think) and look out the window. you can watch the buses drop people off for international departures and in the distance, you can see a large bridge.

I think it looks like the Brooklyn Bridge but I don't think it is. Does anyone know?

It's making me crazy. :icon_crazy::icon_crazy::icon_crazy:

SallyO'Sews
May 25th, 2018, 01:45 PM
As nearly as I can tell, you're seeing the Cross Bay Veterans Memorial Bridge, crossing Jamaica Bay. JFK is on Long Island, as is Brooklyn, but is fairly far east from the East River. The Brooklyn Bridge connects Brooklyn to Manhattan, and is quite a bit further west. Here's a link to a photo: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/bridge-tolls-rockaway-irk-volunteers-article-1.1214220

Carlie Wolf
May 25th, 2018, 01:55 PM
The only other bridge I remember is the Queens Borough Bridge?

RockinLou
May 26th, 2018, 01:10 PM
it is definitely not close enough to be the Brooklyn bridge....

JFK is near Queens and on Jamaica Bay... I've always crossed the Verazzano on the way to JFK from NJ, but looking at a map that can't be it either. Must not be one of the big ones... looks like the name of the road is Cross Bay Blvd. no specific bridge is noted

Sandy Navas
May 26th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Well, since Simon and Garfunkel recorded the 59th Street Bridge Song in NYC, I think it is probably the "Bridge Over Troubled Water", but I could be wrong.