PDA

View Full Version : Friday is making its appearance once again

Monique
May 25th, 2018, 07:51 AM
Good morning friends. Well the baby quilt is all done, washed and dried and ready for its new home.

Bonnie is doing well and thanks everyone for their continued prayers. She will be having 6 treatments in total, one every 2 weeks and then more surgery. Our June trip is still in the air, we were/are going to the Lancaster, PA area for a few days. Hopefully if we get there we will meet up with a forum member I met through here years ago, Panda. She has agreed to drive us around all the quilt shops. I hope we are still able to go.

Tomorrow we are going to help her move out of her apartment. All the furniture will fit into a couple of vans so that is what we are up to. Sunday night Les takes me to retreat. WOOHOO!! Can you tell I am excited?

Ashley had her D & C done yesterday. All is well. I sent Greg some money so he could buy her some flowers from us, it was the least I could do being so far away.

Today I have to work so I better get a move on.

Have a safe and wonderful long weekend.

Star lover
May 25th, 2018, 07:58 AM
Mornin Monique and all!

I'll continue to pray for Bonnie and Ashley.....and you too!

So happy for you and the retreat next week......I know you'll have a wonderful time......you'll be missed!

Mid 80's here with sun, love it!!.....and then rain for a couple days.....sigh.....why can't you order wonderful weather?......like you can order fabric?

Ah well, no real plans anyway for the long holiday weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day and y'all have a fabulous weekend......and retreat! Love and hugs!

Bubby
May 25th, 2018, 08:51 AM
Good Morning Everyone.....Monique, glad to hear Ashley came through her surgery okay. Also glad to hear that Bonnie is moving along with her treatments. Have a wonderful time at retreat.

We took the pups to the vet yesterday for their 12 week check-up and some shots. Little Sugar weighs 6 pounds and Maggie weighs 8. Their nails were trimmed and they gave kisses to everyone who touched them. I bought another round of meds for Dottie while we were there. We go back in 3 weeks for their Rabies shots and worming. Soon after that at (5 months) they will be spade. I'm working on their training but their attention span is so short at this age I'm not sure if we're making progress or not. They are mainly focused on their treats. For now they are fat, happy pups who have us wrapped around their little paws.

Tomorrow we have to go to Cuba for a lease signing and Jeff has a few minor things to finish in that apartment. We have to take all 3 of the Girls with us. It worked out well for us last time and I hope for the same tomorrow. Jeff has Monday off for Memorial Day.

We have lost a dear friend, age 46. He walked into this house and dropped dead in front of his wife. His wife is a nurse and the Coroner in our county, and she performed CPR on him until the ambulance got there but it was too late. Brad served our country in the Army in Desert Storm, he was a highly respected businessman, and he was dedicated to serving God, his country and the people of Missouri. Most of all he was a dedicated family man. Rest In Peace, Friend. Please pray for his wife, Marie, and his family. This was so sudden and unexpected everyone is in shock. Thank you.

We are supposed to get storms later today so I will get off here and get some work done in case I have to shut things off.

Wishing everyone a great Memorial weekend. Have fun and stay safe.

JCY
May 25th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Good morning, All ~ It was a hot one yest. It got up to 95. We had our evap. cooler installed just in time yest. a.m. We used the cooler in the afternoon & had the fans going. It's supposed to be even hotter today.

Today is our monthly Lady Bugs get together, which is a potluck at one of the lady's homes in a nearby town. DH is anxious about my going out of town. He feels unsettled being left alone when he doesn't feel well. We are meeting at 11:15 to car pool. I'll take my favorite 5 C. Salad (Ambrosia). I bought some coconut bread at the bakery yest. & decided to take it, too, so I won't eat it all! It's really yummy.

I got sad news yest. My niece (lives in Oregon), who was successfully treated for breast cancer 30 yrs. ago, has a recurrence of her cancer. It's in her lung, liver, & S.I. (sacroiliac) bone. She's undergoing treatment. Her name is Linda. Prayers for her would be appreciated. I didn't look up her age, but I think she's late 50's to ~60. Her kids are grown & she has grandchildren. I'm feeling sad for her.

Well, I need to get my salad put together & fix DH's breakfast. I'll have to watch Jenny's tut. later.

KPH
May 25th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Good Morning All,

I ran across a book I was given when Mike had cancer as a baby. I feel the need to get it out and read some from it today. My heart goes out to so many, Ashley and Greg, Bonnie, Barb's friend who passed so suddenly, Joy's niece. Prayers for all who need them, for strength, healing, wisdom and hope.

I wish I'd seen Jenny's tutorial yesterday. I wouldn't have made all of those easy hourglasses! I'm still squaring up, I can only do so many on the dining room table before the bend over back ache starts. So I trim a few and go sit down or walk around until I'm ready to do a few more. The done pile is a lot taller than the to be trimmed pile is anyway.

Mike is going to take me to get my hair cut. He's going to get his done too. Honestly, I think this may be the second time in his life that someone other than me is going to do his hair. He's in for a treat. Maybe they can convince him that the 'comb over' isn't hiding anything.

Yesterday, Mike went to get the mail. It was mainly junk but a key for the big box. Inside.. of that was empty and the second big box was open, and a Carnival Shoe box was in it. My package was no where to be found. He was so upset (mainly because his backing fabric was due in yesterday). He went to the address on the shoe package. The mail man had switched keys. They had my box and as soon as her spouse made it home she was going to bring it down. Mike took her package to her and swapped. I think he's excited, but I can't do anything else on his until the border fabric gets here.

Got to get started, our appts are at 10:15. I guess after that, he's going to make a trip to the bank since he'll need lunch money for every day next week, and I need to report that my key won't work in my mailbox to the post office. Mike's key has to be shoved in before it will work. I really don't like not being able to get my mail when he's not home.

I hope everyone has a great long weekend. As Mike is working, I'll probably be home for the majority.

Cathy F
May 25th, 2018, 10:12 AM
Morning all,
Sun is shining and looks like the start of a beautiful day. Had my coffee out on the deck this morning watching the birds at the feeders.

Yesterday I got in the sewing room for a bit and started another fidgit pad. My grandson asked if I would make one for his girlfriend's grandfather, and I was only too happy to do it for him.

Every Memorisal Day weekend our bank sponsors an airshow at Jones Beach and we see the military precision team fly over our house in their jets what a sight and very distinct rumble from those jets you can hear them before you ever see them which is good because it gives you time to run out and see them for the few seconds it takes for them to go by.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and stays safe. Take time to remember those who sacrificed to give us our freedom.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 25th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Good morning everyone,

It's a dull cloudy day and we're going to get rain with possible thunderstorms for the next 4 days. If I was feeling better, I would be excited for sew days. I could not stop coughing early this morning, and finally took puffs of Ventolin, in addition to Advair 2x/d. I had to Take V 6-8x yesterday. I suck on hard candy to keep my throat moist, honey, nose spray and eye drops. It's looking like a sick bay in my bathroom. I will get better, I have to. Too much to do. As DH reminds me, I need to sit and relax as I probably got run down again. Getting older sucks.

I am so sad to hear the news of everyone's friends or family member battling cancer. It's such an ugly word, and does not discriminate. Monique - am I correct that Bonnie is moving during these treatments? Hopefully it will make it easier for her. Have a fun time at the retreat. Say hi to Paulette. Maybe next year, I can join this group with my girlfriend. She is dying to get to her/my first retreat.

Barb - how sad for your friend. Condolences to you, Marie and her family. I cannot imagine at such a young age. A shock, for certain. Katrina. - glad you got the packages sorted out. Looking forward to seeing you're finished quilts. You are on a roll.

I made ribs in the crock pot yesterday, so no cooking today. DH picked up chinese food Wednesday for dinner, so we will have left overs. When I ask him to make dinner lately, he just asks - where do you want it from. He does less and less in the kitchen. He 's getting better, but it is slow. I don't think he will ever get back to where he was before, so will need to adjust to new normal.

To my American friends, enjoy yourMemorial Day long weekend.

TMP
May 25th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!
I am already totally worn out . Got up at 6:30 to take Sandy to the vet. It took my nephew and I over half an hour to get this dog in the car! Chris is not a small person either . We tried treats , dragging her anything we could think of. I bet my neighbors had a good laugh. She will get out of a car but not into it. Granddaughter's birthday is tomorrow and she is excited to have her friends sleep over. I need another bath after wrestling with Sandy. Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

KarenC
May 25th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Good morning all. Prayers for all of those suffering with illness and or sudden loss of friends. Weather is cloudy today. Had plans to take the baby to the pool to splash for a bit, but think we'll wait till next week. DD had to be at work for 6:30 this morning, so I have been aw a ke since 4:30. Was able to get the baby to take a nap earlier, so now she is playing happily. Quilted a top yesterday for charity bee, 2 more to go. 2nd one is loaded, maybe I'll have energy to quilt it when I get home. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of your day.