PDA

View Full Version : Well it's Thursday

Monique
May 24th, 2018, 08:10 AM
Good morning everyone!!

Here is a little funny: "I canít believe I forgot to go to the gym today. Thatís 7 years in a row now.

What did I do yesterday? Picked up some twigs and stuff that wasn't picked up when I had raked, laundry of course, packing for retreat. I also went through all my winter clothes and filled another bag full. It felt good to get rid of stuff that doesn't fit anymore. No use hanging on to it.

I am on call for Bonnie today. Her hemaglobin is low and needs to get a transfusion this morning. Her daughter has to get back home SO Rachel will pick me up on her way back from the hospital, drop her off at the house and I will have the car when Bonnie is done. While waiting, I shall finish up the baby quilt.

Ashley's surgery is an on call waiting game. Poor her. They flew Greg home the night before. He was in Portland, Oregon.

I work all day tomorrow and then only 3 sleeps left until retreat. I am so looking forward to going away for a week. No husband (who I love dearly) no housework, just sew all day and no cooking except for one lunch. I can live with that.

Have a wonderful day friends.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 24th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Good morning Monique and all that follow,

I got to my sewing room and squared blocks and cut more 2 1/2" squares. I was too tired and sick to work at it, so I layed down all day. I watched a movie based on Harry and Meghan, Romance Story and parts of the wedding I had not seen. I am going through tissues like crazy. Now I am starting to cough, so I started with my asthma pumps yesterday. I hate spring allergies, but DH thinks it's a cold. It's a wait game, I will know in a few days I haven't had a cold in 5-6 years, but get a bout of allergies every other year.

DH has to drop by work for a meeting today, so I will be on my own. My DD called yesterday, I ahave lost my voice. Her MIL totalled her car in an accident Friday. Just before that, she received a letter from her insurance saying Her insurance is cancelled in 30 days. She has a lot of fender benders and speeding tickets. She is 70 and is on the road a lot. That is going to put a crimp for my DD. She goes over every day to help with kids until her son gets home. She also helps with homework as a former teacher. I hope she can find insurance. Luckily she doesn't drive the GKs around.

Monique, I will keep Ashley and Bonnie in my thoughts.

Going to rest today, and get to sewing room, hopefully.

Have a good day.

Star lover
May 24th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Morning Monique and all who'll follow.......

Gym! What's that? .....oh yeah, the class I HAD to take back in grade school......nightmares for a ugly gangly kid......don't ever want to see the inside of one! I'm sooooo good with that!

You are a true friend! Bonnie is very fortunate. Will continue prayers for Ashley and your entire family?

Hope your retreat is all....and more than you hope! Enjoy!!

Ah sun! Sweet sun! Two days in a row....oh what will I do? Soak it in! Cause there's rain for days following. And it's good for colds....at least that's my cure!

Hope everyone has a blessed and peaceful day! Love and hugs!

Bubby
May 24th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Good Morning...Bonnie is so blessed to have you in her life, Monique. I'm praying for Bonnie and Ashley. You really need your retreat to get some rest and to restore yourself. You have a lot on your plate right now.

The pups are driving us crazy right now barking and fighting all day. We are taking them to the vet this afternoon for the rest of their shots and some advice. We are thinking of putting them in separate crates to cut down on the playing that evolves into real dog fights. They never slow down and they do mean things to each other. Little Sugar is a real instigator and has a very short fuse. They do sleep all night, which is a blessing.

My DD made it home safe and sound yesterday. I miss her already. She went home with the king size Plus Sign and the Sashed Half Hexie quilts. Actually, I made the Plus Sign quilt for her but it was a surprise. Now I have space for two more quilts in the armoire.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day and wishing myself one, too! Hugs.....

KPH
May 24th, 2018, 08:51 AM
Good Morning All,

Well, here's a first. Mike got up before I did. Let the trumpets sound. lol, but he has to go to work this morning. He got his schedule for next week... he works every day except Wednesday. That's a first! He'll be making over time for sure, since every time he works until closing it's from 30 - 90 minutes extra in store clean up that has to be done before he can leave.

Mike's fabric to finish his quilt is on the way. The backing/ batting should be here today according to the updates. The last round of border will be here Saturday. I'll start on Mel's throw in the meantime.

We had dinner at DS#1s last night. He grilled salmon, shrimp, corn and asparagus. It was delicious and even better, I didn't have to cook.

Papa cardinal brought a fledgling with him this morning. The youngster sat on the patio shaking its wings while papa picked up the seeds and fed it.

Time for a cup of coffee. Mike is ready to face the day at Toys R Us (not), he's not a morning person.

Have a great day!

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

JCY
May 24th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ I finally got the pics of my completed Bordered 9-P quilt put into a new album last night & just now posted a few pics in a Show & Tell thread. It just needs a label. I have plenty of UFOs waiting to be finished as well as new projects to try.

Yest. it was 87 & sunny again. It's supposed to be warm the rest of the week. The guy comes this a.m. to hook up our swamp cooler. So far we've been ok, but with 90's on the horizon, we'll need it. I was relieved we didn't have any thunderstorms yest. afternoon. It has rained enough lately that I haven't needed to run the sprinkler system for several days.

I called yest. a.m. to make a massage appt. & my therapist had an opening at 1 p.m., so I grabbed it. The cranial-sacral work she's done the past 2 times really has been helpful.

DH is ready for his breakfast. Have a good day.

MissMay
May 24th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Monique, A week long retreat comes at a good time after all the troubles with your friend and DIL.
Barb, You really have 2 scrappy little pups, hope you get them calmed down a bit. Dottie must be rolling her eyes at their antics.

According to my body I did a bit too much yesterday so I'll be taking it easy today. Going to try to get the rest of the laundry away before it's time to wash this week's. No matter what I do I've never been able to keep ahead of the laundry game.

Throwback Thursday. When he was young my father belonged to a military group. Here's a photo of my mother, her mother and his mother, 2 of her brothers and her SIL visiting him at the summer camp. I never knew my 2 grandmothers as father's mother passed shortly before my parent's married in 1933 and mother's mother passed when I was 2 years old.

TMP
May 24th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Monique, the gym comment made me smile :) .

I have a house full today. Nephew is here from SC for the SEC baseball tournament, his girlfriend who goes to school in town came over also and I have both grands. Sandy is still messing with her left ear, I think she has an ear infection. This will be her first one if she does. We had a cocker that had them all the time. We go to the vet in the morning for the ear, a bath and nails. She sure does need the bath.

I have been working on my farm girl quilt. I am hoping to start sewing the blocks together soon. My five year old grandson keeps wanting to know when I am going to make his gnome quilt. It will be the next one I make. He says grandmommy I need it for my bed!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

grammaterry
May 24th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Ummm….cats, dogs ...what is this forum coming to...lol. I surely have enjoyed reading about them this morning.
Took the truck to the dealer yesterday. Remember the brakes in March. Had the lines replaced from corrosion. Then it was shuddering so I took it to another shop and they said the abs was shot and disconnected it. Said it was safe. So it still shuddered. Took it to the dealer yesterday.
OH my, Front rotors are damaged from the calipers, need new brake pads and rotors. ABS needs flushed out. Something else but can't remember. Anyway $1620. DH is having a cow. It will be done this afternoon. THey were nice enough to loan me a car. Yahoo.

Carlie Wolf
May 24th, 2018, 10:38 AM
It's been a somewhat busy couple of days. I didn't really plan anything but they just meandered into the day.

Rather upsetting was a dog that was dropped off down the street by the house owners son's friend. It started around 5AM and the poor dog was distraught. He was placed in the backyard and was not secured with the partially broken down fence. Being afraid of people he'd bark at them from the front yard and once they'd pass he'd sit on the sidewalk intently looking in the direction that his master had left. You could tell the dog was very confused. I did walk down there to see if I could get him to come with me but that didn't happen. Once the traffic picked up and he started going toward the street I walked down there and knocked on the door. I just don't understand people sometimes. The woman basically said, not her dog, she didn't want it there and not her problem and she was off to work. Did she think if she didn't see the dog hit then she wasn't also responsible???I guess I finally shamed her enough that she agreed to put the dog in a room in her house until she was able to get together with her son and get the problem resolved. She did not want me to call the dog warden to pick him up saying since it's not her dog she didn't want to make that decision. What? But she could make the decision to let the dog run into the road and get hit? Ohhhh, man!

I found another box of my summer clothes with a ton more pairs of slacks, so I decided to cut half of them into shorts length and sewed them up yesterday. I have more a need for shorts right now than slacks :-) That took a few hours out of the day.

I got half of my cucumbers and beans planted. Also have about 10 large flower planters that I filled and seeded. I only have a few more left to do.

Soooo, things are moving along :-)
Have a nice day!

Simply Quilting
May 24th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Good Morning! The weather has been nice in the morning and evenings but we are looking at a forecast in the 90s for the next week plus. Not a huge fan of hot weather, I would have loved to seen more spring days instead of the jumping right to summer time weather that we did this year.

Yesterday the blocks were put together for a quilt then I took it to a friend to ask about an idea that I had for a border - didn't want to do overkill of the pattern. She liked the idea for the border. Too many things going on today to be able to put it on. Usually, I can sew with little one around but I don't like to have out the big ironing board and iron when he is up. So very limited sewing when the quilt gets to the point of needing the big ironing board.

Prayers for those who need them.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)