PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

Cokie
May 21st, 2018, 07:11 PM
Thank you all for the cards, kind words, and prayers at my Dad's recent passing. I returned from Colorado on Saturday night after spending a week with my family there. We had a simple graveside service for immediate family and it was perfect. Mom is doing well - better than I expected, although I'm sure she will have her moments as time goes on. We had some good mother-daughter time while I was there, and my brothers and their families live nearby so she will have them to lean on during this adjustment time. We will miss Dad but will honor him by living our lives the way he taught us to live. Thank you again for all of your support during this difficult time.

Cokie

KarenC
May 21st, 2018, 07:48 PM
Cokie, I'm so sorry. I haven't been checking in regularly and didn't realize your Dad had passed. I'm sending prayers for comfort for you and your family.

KPH
May 21st, 2018, 09:54 PM
It's a hard time for the kids and a hard time for the spouse. Just remember to check in often, even if it's just to say hi.

To me, Sunday afternoons are the worst. Everyone is busy, DS#2 is at work, and it's the time I feel the most alone.

Star lover
May 22nd, 2018, 06:52 AM
So thankful you were able to spend some quality time with family and that your mother is holding up. Such a blessing there is family close by for her. Love and hugs across the miles.....and the internet....you will always miss your dad.....I miss mine so much. But it's a good thing......it means there was love and a special bond. Rare in our world. Treasure all those moments in the past, it'll make the present and future better!