PDA

View Full Version : Monday a new day and the start of a new week

Monique
May 21st, 2018, 07:11 AM
And a big beautiful blue sky. It is going to be a glorious day.

I didn't do much on the weekend. We did go to an auction sale, didn't stay long. What a waste of time and gas is my thinking. We might as well have stayed home. Hubby didn't want to stick around. UGH!!!!!

Yesterday we went out for a drive and again, waste of time. Hubby did get a pizza to take home so we feasted on that for lunch and supper. I had a wee nap in the afternoon and then it started. I started sorting through my summer clothes and have a bag for giveaway. I emptied a cabinet and after careful measuring it fits into my sewing room behind the door. I have one bedroom as my sewing space with one wall with a slanted ceiling. You can only do so much, right? So the cabinet fits and already it is just about full. I also emptied a plastic storage unit with drawers. I have my room semi fixed for now. I have a week long retreat next week and I think I have most of my projects packed. They are mostly UFO's, with a few other things in there.

Today I hope to quilt a baby quilt I made for my sister-in-law's daughter who is expecting in July so I can get it delivered tomorrow I hope. Tomorrow is guild. Les is golfing in the morning so we will have to figure out the logistics for me to get to guild. Friday is a work day for both of us and Sunday night I leave for retreat. Les will take me there and come back on the Friday to pick me up. Can hardly wait.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Iris Girl
May 21st, 2018, 08:03 AM
Morning all. It looks like a break in the rain today. We finally got power back Friday late afternoon after being out since Tues afternoon. internet and cable back Sat afternoon. So I am back if anyone missed me. Doing a lot of catch up after 4 days no power and 5 no tv or internet. We lost 2 freezers and a fridge full of food.

Ginny B
May 21st, 2018, 08:04 AM
Good morning Monique and all to follow. It is a sunny Monday here. We actually had a nice day weather-wise yesterday The rain that we thought we might get in the afternoon did not show up, just the clouds. Which meant we got to spend more time outside working on mowing, weeding and little planting. Then we got to sit out in the yard and relax for a while after dinner. It was a lovely day.

You were a busy bee in your sewing room Monique. A whole week's retreat sounds lovely.

Holy cow, April, can't believe you were without power that long. Glad you are back.

Laundry is calling me so I've got to get a move on. Have a good day all.

Bubby
May 21st, 2018, 08:19 AM
Morning Everyone...All is well here. My DD arrived Friday evening without her luggage but the airline delivered it Saturday morning...crisis averted. We have had a good visit and even squeezed in some shopping yesterday while Jeff took care of the pups. It's been a long time since I've had any alone time with my DD. We had a great lunch out Saturday and a little shopping. My DD is a power shopper...are we ever opposites in that regard.

We're so happy that Dottie has taken another step toward accepting the pups. Jeff said that yesterday Sugar escaped his grasp and ran off to the kitchen. When he found her, Sugar was eating along with Dottie from Dottie's food bowl! Dottie wouldn't even allow Olive to do that! Sugar is the one who desperately wants to know Dottie.

All is cozy in my little corner right now. I LOVE having this time with my DD, the pups are growing like weeds and Dottie is coming along.

Have a great day everyone.....Hugs.......

KPH
May 21st, 2018, 08:31 AM
Good Morning All,

Welcome back April, I can't imagine going without power for that long. It makes me want to go hunt for a generator. I've told both boys, one day I'd like to get batteries for the solar panels. At this point, they're more expensive but give them several more years and the prices will come down as more people get set up with solar.

I worked for a little bit on Mike's quilt yesterday then I had to get ready for the Crock and Role at church. The kids will be here sometime this morning. Nana has a dr. appt. and she and Nandy will pick them when she gets done. Then it's errands time.

The rain is continuing here. Another gray day, I just look at is as another day I don't have to figure out watering the lawn.

I've been thinking about traveling up to IN to see my MIL. I'll talk to Mike today, to see if he'd like to go with me when Toys R Us shuts down. It would give him a little break between jobs. We'll see what happens.

Best get busy since I have no idea when the kids will be here today.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength and wisdom. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Bubby
May 21st, 2018, 08:36 AM
Morning all. It looks like a break in the rain today. We finally got power back Friday late afternoon after being out since Tues afternoon. internet and cable back Sat afternoon. So I am back if anyone missed me. Doing a lot of catch up after 4 days no power and 5 no tv or internet. We lost 2 freezers and a fridge full of food.

April...I'm so sorry you lost all of your food. We have gone through this twice and it's such a heartache. I'm so glad your power has been restored. It's hard to recuperate from an event like that. (((HUGS))) Dear Friend.

Iris Girl
May 21st, 2018, 08:58 AM
Thankfully we have a gas hot water heater and town fed water so we could still shower. gas stove means we could cook on top of stove but that was only soups or chef boyaredee LOL no point to cooking the defrosting meats as still no way to preserve them. Financially its devastating to have to try and restock all that. the fridge and freezers still look empty.

Barb so happy Dottie is coming around and starting to accept the pups more, they sound adorable!

Where is that treadle machine when I need it. Had to take phones and tablets to work to charge them.

JCY
May 21st, 2018, 09:03 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Yay. Clear skies this a.m. Hopefully the rain is over for a while. Every day this week it looks to be in the 80's, so good weather is back. Today I'll be in the kitchen all morning making DH's chicken soup. Yest. eve. I put in 40 min. of FMQ. Just a few more areas to do, then the border, then it will be quilted.

Yest. I watched the rest of the royal wedding on YouTube. They were blessed with beautiful weather. It was such a lovely event. I'll bet the monarchy & many of those Brits never heard a message like that black bishop gave! And black gospel singing. The cellist was amazing. It was interesting observing all the variety of ladies' hats. I wish the happy couple well.

April, so sorry about your power outage. Barb, glad you're having a good time with your DD.

Time to get on with my day.

Monique
May 21st, 2018, 09:08 AM

Oh April, so sorry this happened to you.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 21st, 2018, 09:26 AM
Good morning ladies,
The sun is shining and it will warm up today, so I will get to the yard work. I picked up some geraniums and portulaccas at Home Depot on Friday. I need to turn the garden, but won't plant for another week. Just too risky for cold.

Saturday was a road trip to quilt show. Lovely quilts, then dinner with friends, belated birthday get together for 2 of us. We were pretty wiped yesterday, but we did take the tarp off the catamaran. We had a drink on the club patio , then headed home. Not much energy, it takes at least a day to recover from road trips. I am planning our next ones, as its quilt show season. Next one is in Renfrew 1hr away, then Kingston (2hrs away), then Brighton (3hrs). I would love to go the Vermont quilt show again this year, but maybe go for a few days. Last year I took a one day bus trip there, it it just wasn't enough time to see it all.

I hope everyone has a nice day. Today is a holiday here, but as DH says, everyday is a holiday when you are retired.

Star lover
May 21st, 2018, 09:27 AM
Wow, so much going on in everyone's lives!!!

Monique, hope you get things the way you want and finish the baby quilt in time.
April, wow, what a nightmare! Absolutely no fun! Been there, done that, hated it! Wish we had a generator. I've recently heard that you can make an insurance claim for lost food. Not sure if it's true....
Ginny, sounds like the perfect weekend!
Barb, so soooo very happy for you! Spending time with your daughter....and your fur babies are becoming a family. Don't get much better!
Katrina, love Mikes quilt....it's beautiful! Sounds like a road trip in the near future. Hope all your plans fall easily into place.
Joy, nice weather, is just....nice.....makes your day. Hope you enjoy yours.

I've been sick.....well, if you call a cold, sick.....my most miserable cold......ever....well, at least in recent memory. Still feeling awful, but I think I've turned the corner. I have DH to thank for this misery.....not sure where he picked it up.

I'm hoping to stagger into the sewing room today and see what kind of mess I can make. I do believe I can make a mighty fine mess!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Love those around you.....life is short!

Mischiefkat1
May 21st, 2018, 09:42 AM

Sorry the power outage got your freezers & frig. Been there done this. Kathy

grammaterry
May 21st, 2018, 10:22 AM
I ditto all the condolences and joys of your lives. Losing groceries is probably the most heartbreaking for me. I like having a good stock of food on hand.
The room is ready to paint. yoo hoo. I get to paint....AGAIN...I'll start with windows and doors. Walls go quickly.

Nwmnteacher
May 21st, 2018, 10:23 AM
Good morning all,

Yesterday we had such a gorgeous day and.......I had to work :-( We had lots of Canadian (Winnipeg) visitors at the store because of their long weekend. I always enjoy visiting with them. They usually tell me how much cheaper fabric and yarn are in the U.S. Even with the exchange they save money.

Lots of things need doing in the house today, but I will definitely find time to practice with the Janome sd 18 (Marge). I can't believe how much easier FMQ is with her compared to my regular machine, even though I have an 11 inch throat on it.

Barb, how nice to spend time with your daughter. I haven't seen mine since Christmas, but we will all be at the cabin for Memorial Day weekend. Can't wait. There's just something about daughters and moms.

Have a blessed day everyone.
Jeanne