The latest from DD the Kindergarten teacher:

"Alright, children, two more minutes!"

"WAIT! I dwopped my pencil -- PAUSE THE MINUTE!"

MaryUK
May 21st, 2018, 05:17 AM
How funny, made me smile!!

Caroline T.
May 21st, 2018, 01:14 PM
LOL - I don't know how many times I've turned the radio on in the car, and a song is playing that I would like to hear from the beginning & reach for the rewind button, oops that only works with the CD player or my cable box.

bubba
May 21st, 2018, 07:19 PM
As the majority of you know, we had custody of our oldest grandson when he was young. In order to be able to play video games, he had to read for thirty minutes first. That allowed him to play for thirty minutes, and if he wanted to play longer, he had to read 30 more minutes for 30 more minutes of play time.

He was with us thru second grade. That was when he went to live with his mom (sadly) in Oregon. The teacher invited me to his first conference. First thing we discussed was his reading level. They tested him at the first of the year. They quit when he was testing with flying colors at the end of tenth grade!! She then asked how we had managed that. When I explained, she penned a letter later that day and sent it home to all her parents.

To this day, that boy loves to read....he turns 23 on June 1.

JCY
May 21st, 2018, 07:53 PM
Setting limits is a good thing. We didn't have all those electronic devices when my boys were growing up -- just the TV, but I read to them from the time they were young. We had lots of books available & frequent trips to the library. They both loved to read & still do.

SallyO'Sews
May 21st, 2018, 08:49 PM
One year our TV broke, and we decided not to replace it. That was the year my then 10-yr-old son became proficient at the piano, and two of his older sisters made it through regional and state levels to compete at the National History Day research competition. They are all adults now; the girls both hold Master's degrees and my son plays for several churches.

RockinLou
May 22nd, 2018, 02:16 PM
My son used to tell me to "scroll to the next page" when I read him books, or "scroll back"!

Last year my parents gave both kids wristwatches for Christmas and our daughter exclaimed "How cool! I won't need to find an iPad or a phone when I need to know the time!" ....

... both kids can read an analog clock, tie their shoes and read years above grade level. Smart little stinkers. :)