PDA

View Full Version : Lori

Carlie Wolf
May 20th, 2018, 09:53 AM
I know you said that you were on a different island but with everything that is going on over there are the other islands starting to be effected? I just can't imagine living where this is happening, it's so scary to me.

I never know now a days whether what is being reported is being minimized or maximized. I thought maybe you'd have a more balanced report?

jjkaiser
May 20th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Good question. And how far away from you is all this volcano activity? Are you scared? Worried about being evacuated?

Vonnie
May 23rd, 2018, 08:05 AM
Has any one heard from any of our Hawaii friends?

auntstuff
May 23rd, 2018, 04:22 PM
Lori hasn't posted here since the 17th. Is that normal?

K. McEuen
May 23rd, 2018, 04:44 PM
I figure Lori may be dealing with more personal issues like the house and her husband being sick and trying to give his half away.

Several of my friends in Hawaii posted this picture yesterday online that shows how much this volcano issue is being blown out of proportion in the news. They said yes, some home and land have been lost, but only one person has been injured and that was when he got "splashed" on the leg because he was standing right next to a lava flow. They were nice, referred to him as a person instead of an idiot.

Anyway, here is the image that hopefully brings things more into perspective.

My friends say that the biggest issue that they are having right now is lost income from tourism. The tourism is down more than 50% right now because of the panic spread by the news.

auntstuff
May 23rd, 2018, 04:59 PM
Media seems to insist on inventing the news rather than just reporting it.

Vonnie
May 23rd, 2018, 06:27 PM
Thanks Karen.

Auntstuff - I totally agree.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 23rd, 2018, 08:34 PM
Lori lives on Kawaii, which is the farthest West Island from this volcanic activity. No immediate danger for her, or to the bigger cities on the Big Island. The tourist centers on the Big Island are in the northwest portion of the island, this activity is at the extreme southeast portion. I have a friend who lives on Lanai, she has shown some beautiful sunrises as a results of the ash and steam plumes.

cv quilter
May 23rd, 2018, 08:51 PM
I love this thread because I have been thinking of Lori. I know that her location is safe, but have been wondering about what is going on with her

bubba
May 24th, 2018, 02:11 AM
I know someone who lives about 20 miles north of all the excitement, and the fumes have just started bothering her.

We have a very good friend on Oahu, which at times gets vog from the Big Island. I remember one trip, I think it was almost four weeks on Oahu, and the vog was real bad. We came home with no tans whatsoever!

TMP
May 24th, 2018, 10:25 AM
I also have been thinking of Lori and hope she is safe. Auntstuff, I agree with you. The news makes it look like the gates of hell and its ridiculous that when watching the news you never know if your getting a true accurate account of what is going on.