PDA

View Full Version : Rant & customer service

Carolnnc
May 17th, 2018, 09:34 PM
I have come to the conclusion that I am a tired old woman who has lost patience with people & have no desire to deal with someone who questions my honesty or ability to use a computer to order a product.

About two months ago I ordered a cot for the cat. I received the cot legs, nothing else. I called customer service & was told it was my fault. That's right, she said, "it's your fault." She then told me because I didn't pick a color their website forced the sale & charged my credit card. I asked to be shipped the cot. She said they were out of stock & wouldn't have anymore for 5 months. She never said sorry, we goofed, is there a way to make this right. Now this is the business that actually makes the cots. After I hung up the phone I went back in and tried to order another cot without picking a color. The website absolutely will not let the transaction go any further without picking a color for the cot.

Then a couple of weeks ago I ordered a pricey orthopedic crate mat for the puppy. It arrived Tuesday. It's latex/foam so the directions said it would puff up to it's full shape in 12 to 24 hours & that would pull the wrinkles out of the cover. 48 hours later I email the company to let them know the bed looks like a raisin & isn't puffing up. Gave a detailed explanation and measurements. Got an email that said, "oh that can't be right." Asks for pictures of the foam. The foam is white, yeah, I can get a picture of that. I took some pictures with a measuring tape to show the bed size isn't as quoted & then took pictures of bed then downloaded them to an email. Sat here for a few minutes, took deep breathes, deleted the pictures & note & asked how to return the bed & get a refund. The business website is all about great customer service & making sure the buyer is happy & satisfied.

I now understand why people won't order anything from a website!

Thanks for being a place to "let 'er rip". I honestly feel like I could throw a temper tantrum like a toddler!

KPH
May 17th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Sometimes you just have to get it off your chest to be able to move on. I know dealing with AT&T on anything has made my blood boil on more than one occasion. My dad would have had a hissy knowing how they were treating customers now a days (he worked for Western Electric, Bell South, AT&T, Lucent during his 42 year career with them).

Carlie Wolf
May 17th, 2018, 10:23 PM
I say.....Off with their Heads! Apparently it's not bad enough that their business is on the chopping block with service like this.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 17th, 2018, 10:58 PM
It's too bad that you are getting bad customer service. If possible, send it back. I guess that's why I don't order much online, except fabric. And even there, I have waited 2 months for an order that was in stock. Now that is frustrating.

My daufhter does a lot of online ordering, even the diapers. She tries to limit time in actual stores unless absolutely necessary. She does order from Amazon mostly.

Vonnie
May 18th, 2018, 03:59 AM
Please do a Google review. That will get their attention!

Monique
May 18th, 2018, 04:46 AM
What a horrible experience. Rant away!! Give a bad review if you can.

SallyO'Sews
May 18th, 2018, 06:54 PM
So sorry you had this experience. It's awful when people give you a hard time and it's not your issue, it's theirs! Arrrggghhh.... Been on both sides of this. I work for a distributor of fine art supplies; we do not SELL to the general public, but we do SHIP to individuals on behalf of our customers, many of whom are Internet retailers. We get requests for refunds from end-users from time to time, but we cannot apply credit to anyone's credit card if they did not pay us to begin with. As a consumer, you really need to deal with the company who took your money/credit card information. If you bought it on Amazon, look carefully at the "Sold By" information located on the upper right part of the ordering screen.

One problem with Internet retailers is that so many of them do not have any clue what it is they actually sell - they have no physical warehouse from which they ship. They are just middle-men whose entire business is done in cyber-space. Then a customer calls them with a question, and they have no idea how to answer.

This is one reason I hate to shop online, except for a handful of businesses that I trust - M*QC among them, of course! I try not to ever purchase from Amazon, due to the way they treat their vendors, but my kids love them. Different strokes for different folks, I guess!

Hope you're able to get the beds for your fur-babies all straightened out!