PDA

View Full Version : Well Thursday is here

Monique
May 17th, 2018, 08:24 AM
One day closer to Friday.

I kept myself busy yesterday trying to get the second clothesline on. I had lots of trouble with this one and it still isn't perfect. I will get what I need today or tomorrow. I mainly did outside things yesterday because the day was so beautiful. I hate being indoors when the weather is so nice outdoors. All the windows were opened in the house. I am not sure if we will see the sun today or not it will be a nice day just the same.

RAIN - is badly needed. What a change from last year when it rained ALL the time. There is a complete ban and any kind of fire around these parts. Especially after Monday's forest fire. I hope all head this warning. I have been itching to burn brush that has been lying around here but will obviously wait until it is safe to do so.

Today I take Bonnie to have her PICC line put in. I have no idea how much time this will involve except it is an hour's drive there and back.

I read on Blondie's FB page that yesterday was Eli's birthday and she had baked him a dino cake. I hope she gets the rest she wanted.

Have a wonderful day my friends, no matter what you do.

KPH
May 17th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Good Morning Monique,

Once Mike got up yesterday, we went shopping. He's looking for those zip off leg pants and I needed jeans. I've lost 15 lbs since Jan. and I was tired of pulling up my jeans all day. We went down to St. Augustine Outlets and spent the afternoon. He did find the pants he was hunting for, but in the wrong color. Oh well, I bought 5 pairs of jeans. I'll get all my big ones washed and ready to donate. I found some shirts I liked, but I walked out without them since my focus was the jeans.

We got home and I was just getting ready to suggest Mike grill the pork chops for dinner, when I looked outside. I lined a pan, seasoned them and stuck them in the oven. Before I got that done, the bottom fell out and it rained for several hours. It was so heavy we lost the TV signal. DVDs of JAG came out. We watched the first season last night, by them the rain was over and the TV signal was back.

I still haven't finished the last quadrant of Mike's quilt. Home school is this morning and it's gray and really wet outside. I have a feeling it's going to rain some more today.

Prayers for those in need, for healing, strength and wisdom. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

JCY
May 17th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Good Morning ~ A beautiful, sunny day yest. It got up to 92 deg. It's supposed to be even warmer today, then cooler over the week end. Today I'm going to the caregiver's symposium; it's an annual event sponsored by the county & many area businesses. It's free, but you have to pre-register if you want lunch. I usually stay 4-5 hrs. & take in several classes. I'm meeting a friend, who also is a caregiver, for lunch.

I put in only 30 min. of FMQ yest., but every little bit is progress. It's coming along.

Guess what? I saw a baby rabbit yest. eve. on the back patio! I went out to freshen the bird bath water. The rabbit saw me & darted out of sight. So at least 1 baby has survived. So cute.

No more time this a.m.

Nwmnteacher
May 17th, 2018, 10:13 AM
Good Morning all,

Well, Marge (Janome aqsd 18) arrived yesterday morning via semi truck. I'm sure the neighbors wondered "what the heck" when he came down the street! Hubby zipped home and helped the driver bring the boxes in. There they sat in the kitchen, patiently waiting for DH to come home after work. Later, that evening, he put the table together for me and set the machine in its place, but we stopped there. It was getting too late to play with her, and I needed to purchase a good surge protector before I could plug her in. The warranty could be void if you don't use one. There are still a few things to do to set up the machine, but that will wait until Friday. I work today, and I'll pick up the surge protector while in Grand Forks. Friday will be the "launch day"!!

Hoping everyone has a blessed day.
Jeanne

MissMay
May 17th, 2018, 11:49 AM
Another cold rainy day, may change my mind about going out with DH his afternoon, my car needs to be checked for several new recall items. I have had this car for about 13 years and now they tell me it could be unsafe.

Another reason I want to stay home this afternoon as I received an email from a friend late last night informing me that a surprise package for me will be arriving today. Wonder what she's up to? She's a college prof and since the semester is over she's up to some mischief.

It's Thursday so the weekend is in sight.

LauraP
May 17th, 2018, 12:56 PM
went to the doc and got two shots in the palm of my hand. They are supposed to release my trigger finger so I don't have to have surgery. So far they have just made my hand and finger hurt worse! Cruel and unusual punishment if it doesn't work.

Bubby
May 17th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Hi Everyone...Just a quick Hi. I'm really busy today with pups and getting the house presentable. One more sleep and my DD will be here. So glad I worked on the guest room before we got the pups. It's raining here today and they have been indoors all day having one terrific romp after another. One cute thing is that when I sit on the floor to play with them they can jump over me when they are chasing each other. Little Sugar is an exceptional jumper but Maggie is stronger.

Wishing everyone a nice Thursday....Hugs...

geegeequilts
May 17th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Beautiful here but won't be for long. Rain for the last 2 days made the grass to wet to cut so I worked on my string blocks.

Gina

JCY
May 17th, 2018, 05:14 PM
I'm back. I attended 2 sessions at the Caregiver's Symposium. Made the rounds of all the vendor tables. Picked up a couple pens, some note pads, a gel pack which can be used for either heat or cold, & many samples of candy. I ate lunch with my Bible study friend & her husb. who has Parkinson's & was in a w/c. We had a good visit. I came home after lunch. It's clouded up, so the temp. has dropped from 92 to 84. It's pleasant with the windows open. I hope to get more FMQ done yet today.

MaryUK
May 17th, 2018, 09:09 PM
Well Thursday is over in the UK but it's been a really nice day. Weather has been cooler but it's expected to warm up for the weekend.
I went to my craft group this morning, used her Accuquilt die machine to cut some cats for a Linus quilt. It's a lovely machine but it's so expensive and the dies are around 50 each so I'll have to pass on that one!!
This afternoon I spent an hour putting away the fabric I've been using for tote bags, will post pics of how far I've got tomorrow.
I also made up a sample of the Diamond tile block from Bonnie Hunter - it was in May/June issue of Quiltmaker, although I enlarged the block for the sample as I fancy using the block to make a full quilt. Unfortunately I'm not the best at anything scrappy so will raid my stash for the 'proper' quilt.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 17th, 2018, 11:09 PM
Well Thursday is over in the UK but it's been a really nice day. Weather has been cooler but it's expected to warm up for the weekend.
I went to my craft group this morning, used her Accuquilt die machine to cut some cats for a Linus quilt. It's a lovely machine but it's so expensive and the dies are around £50 each so I'll have to pass on that one!!
This afternoon I spent an hour putting away the fabric I've been using for tote bags, will post pics of how far I've got tomorrow.
I also made up a sample of the Diamond tile block from Bonnie Hunter - it was in May/June issue of Quiltmaker, although I enlarged the block for the sample as I fancy using the block to make a full quilt. Unfortunately I'm not the best at anything scrappy so will raid my stash for the 'proper' quilt.

I love the Accuquilt machine, but I find the dies so expensive bluckily, my guild guild bought a machine and has a great selection of dies. You can use them on the Sew Days, once a month, or during retreats. I plan my projects and get them done. I want to do some cats and birds.

chelea
May 18th, 2018, 12:31 AM
went to the doc and got two shots in the palm of my hand. They are supposed to release my trigger finger so I don't have to have surgery. So far they have just made my hand and finger hurt worse! Cruel and unusual punishment if it doesn't work.

Laura, I had that done. Those injections are SO painful. I got relief from my trigger thumb for about 3 months then it came right back. The doc offered me another injection or surgery...I had the surgery. Since then, the other thumb started acting up and this time I just went straight to surgery. It's a simple procedure and both times I was back to sewing in no time.

LauraP
May 18th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Chelea, so far it hasn't done a thing except make my palm black and blue. I wanted the surgery but the doc wanted to do it this way. I had two fingers on my other hand done at the same time I had a ganglion cyst removed from my wrist. The fingers healed much faster than the wrist.