PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday again!

KPH
May 13th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Happy Mother's Day,

It's kind of over cast this morning, maybe it's going to bring some rain? I hope so. The lawn guy came yesterday and was 'fussing' about me not watering the lawn. I told him DH put a cabinet in front of the irrigation system. The kids would have to move it and get it started. lol, I don't want it running all the time. I guess I'll have to learn about that too. DS#1's irrigation is on a well. Honestly, I'd rather pay for a well than pay the water bill for watering the grass. Maybe there's a compromise... I'll water it a little and transition to drought resistant grass seed.... or maybe some cactus. At least there's not a lot of front yard.

I guess my ride for church will be here soon. I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day. I'll call Jerrod later today to see if he's moved out of ICU. Russell said he would go back to see him today, I'm thankful he's there to check up on him.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, and wisdom. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

grammaterry
May 13th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Happy mothers day to you Katrina and all that follow. It is a bright and cheerful monrning here. The birds are singing and the house is quiet still. I have no plans for today. We'll see what DH is up to when he gets up and then I'll decide. He is such a workaholic that I always feel guilty being idle.
I didn't sleep well last night. Can't put my finger on why. I had several smells coming and going. Phantom smells. I'm feeling burned out on sewing yet I dream of putting things together. Weird.
Pray;ers for all of you today.

Carlie Wolf
May 13th, 2018, 09:57 AM
We had a few mild thunderstorms last night and are suppose to get them on and off for a few days. The pollen is AWFUL lately, you can see it falling. Scratchy eyes and sneezing galore. Are you sure they're actually phantom smells Terry? Late yesterday I swear I smelled a pepper smell....Haaaa Choo. But pretty soon the honey suckle will be out, it grows wild across the street on the banks of the river. It's glorious and lasts about two weeks. It's my favorite time of year even with the pollen sneezing.

Two weeks ago I had the guy come and mow the lawn, first of the year and it was getting high. He said he'd be back within the week to give it another wack to get it even shorter. He didn't :-( and now it's even longer then before. I love his price and he is more then willing to do a few extra things (that I also pay him for) when he's here ....operative word...when he gets here. I like keeping the back yard short for Carlie's sake and also my for weeding and planting.

Yesterday I spent most of the day moving my wicker desk and such out to the back porch, rearranging, cleaned off the hard drive of the older computer, deleted some programs, added a few others etc. It took me most of the day so I made headway. Today not sure what I'll work on so I'll just go with the sway :-)

Enjoy the day guys :-)

Ginny B
May 13th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Good morning. Happy Mothers Day. It's overcast here this morning. Yesterday was a busy day -- a party for dh's great-niece, checking on my sister's place, a bit of housework when we got home. Then ds's #1 & 2 and granddog Boo arrived for an overnight, Mothers Day visit. We were up late so they are all still dozing while I am relaxing with a cup of tea enjoying the quiet morning. DH will go get bagels for breakfast shortly and we will continue our nice visit. Hubby is making chicken marsala for dinner. Yum.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

Monique
May 13th, 2018, 10:36 AM
Good morning dear friends. Happy Mother's Day to you all.

It is another beautiful day filled with sunshine today. Yesterday I built a clothesline. I am very proud of my job. Of course I had to do laundry. So today I will do more laundry.

Last night we attended a stag for my nephew. We had a wonderful time and it was a very late night. Home by 1:45 am. I slept in until 8:30 this morning which is rare for me. Hubby is out cutting grass.

Time to get cracking. Have a wonderful day everyone.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 13th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Good morning ladies and happy Mother's Day,
Katrina, I know what you mean about irrigation system. First summer we were in our house, we didn't adjust the schedule, so it was watering every day. We had gorgeous lawn. Then we got our first water bill. Over $500 for about 45 days. Hubs figured out system, and we only use when dry periods are expected. The sensor to detect rain, so don't water, needs to be replaced. Yesterday hubs tried out his new electric lawnmower. It work s well, is silent and the self propelled is good, but he will keep on turtle speed. He warned me that if I put on rabbit speed, I will be running. Hahah. Also went back to Lowes for price adjustment, got $135 back, so I brought home a few plants and fertilizer.

I put up the curtains and roller shade on our pergola so we can sit and enjoy the yard. I also put the other canopy frame together. Waiting for a new cover and rain shelter to come in. We will be well set to sit and enjoy the yard. I started filling the large pots with soil. I take most of it out for the winter otherwise the pots crack.

Last night, my son dropped by with flowers as he works today. I also gave him a bunch of pots for his yard, plastic ware glasses and other items that I have been accumulating. He has been undergoing tests for a new job. It's a rigorous program, same as for law enforcement, RCMP and others. He passed the physical-time challenge, now for interview.

Today, easy day, I will go with DH and my girlfriend Pat to my mom's place for brunch. Pat lost her mother last year and this will be first year without her. She also never had children, so this is sad time for her. We will all DH go to sailing club. This will do everyone good to sit on patio and enjoy a cool refreshment and feel like summer is around the corner.

Have a good day and prayers for those who face challenges.

MissMay
May 13th, 2018, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=Ginny B;1022916]Good morning. Happy Mothers Day. It's overcast here this morning. Yesterday was a busy day -- a party for dh's great-niece, checking on my sister's place, a bit of housework when we got home. Then ds's #1 & 2 and granddog Boo arrived for an overnight, Mothers Day visit. We were up late so they are all still dozing while I am relaxing with a cup of tea enjoying the quiet morning. DH will go get bagels for breakfast shortly and we will continue our nice visit. Hubby is making chicken marsala for dinner. Yum.

I hope everyone has a good day today.[/QUOTE

OH, I miss those Sunday morning bagels, nothing like a good NY bagel which is difficult to find around here. We used to have a great place to buy them where you picked up the Sunday papers and some crumbs buns and/or bagels but they retired and no one really has any thing like that any longer.

Carlie Wolf
May 13th, 2018, 01:58 PM
Miss May I miss good bagels too (same with pizza) you just can't find the really good stuff outside of NYC or sometimes parts of NJ.

Oh I remember we had two great places to pick up good crumb buns and such for Sundays growing up. (Great hard rolls with poppy seeds too) One place was on the way back from the main church and the other across the street from the "outreach" parish church of the main one. They were my inspiration for sitting through long masses on Sunday LOL It made going to church exciting LOL The one place was your typical Mom & Pop place, they even had the penny candy . If you brought a note from your Mother they'd sell you cigerettes to bring back to her

Ginny B
May 13th, 2018, 02:10 PM
We used to have a great place to buy them where you picked up the Sunday papers and some crumbs buns

May, I loved those crumb buns that we used to get after church on Sunday's in Brooklyn. The bagel store out here doesn't have those.

JCY
May 13th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Good Afternoon ~ I'm late getting here today. I had to run through my music this a.m. Also, every other a.m. DH needs a medical procedure, so that had to be done before I could leave for church, & it was my day to play the organ, so it's always a bit rushed on those days. They had carnations to hand out to all the moms at church this a.m. I came right home after church. Had my usual snack, then relaxed in the recliner with my daily cup of coffee.

DS#1 lives in Chesapeake Beach, MD. The pollen there is very bad right now. My hay fever symptoms improved markedly after I started using the generic Flonase nasal spray. I'm still using the eye drops for itchy eyes & the generic Claritin.

I hope to have a good afternoon in the sewing room.