PDA

View Full Version : A Mother's Day Surprise :) Happy Mother's Day!

JCY
May 12th, 2018, 07:15 PM
I was in the middle of doing laundry, changing the bed, vac'g, etc., when the door bell rang ~11 a.m. It was a delivery from Pro Flowers. DS#1 & his wife sent them. I opened the box right away, trimmed the stems, & arranged them in water in the vase provided. It's a mix of lilies & the small iris, long stems (maybe Siberian Iris?). Also inside was a small box of chocolates -- really delicious! I've eaten 2 already, but I will savor the rest over the next few days, just one a day. This really made my day! I've also received cards from DH's 2 sons; they always remember Mother's Day & my birthday, as well as Christmas. It's nice to be remembered.

I'll be playing the organ for church tomorrow; I plan to play Mother's Day selections. Remember this oldie? This is only the chorus....

M - is for the million things she gave me,
O - means only that she's growing old,
T - is for the tears were shed to save me,
H - is for her heart of purest gold,
E - is for her eyes, with lovelight shining,
R - means right and right she'll always be,
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"
A word that means the world to me.

M - is for the mercy she possesses,
O - means that I owe her all I own,
T - is for her tender sweet caresses,
H - is for her hands that made a home.
E - means ev'ry thing she's done to help me,
R - means real and regular, you see,
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER",

(M-O-T-H-E-R - A Word that Means the World to Me - Lyric by Howard Johnson, Melody by Theodore Morse)

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! to all the moms out there.

grammaterry
May 12th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Congratulation Joyl It IS nice to be remembered. My children usually call and come to see me sometime during the month of May. This year it seems they can't find a day when they are all available. Maybe? Anyway, enjoy your flowers and the candies. I sent cookies to my mom via FTD.

cv quilter
May 12th, 2018, 08:19 PM
Joy, how beautiful! You are blessed!! :) So wonderful that our children and spouses recognize us at various times during the year. Fred brought me flowers today and tomorrow we are heading on a road trip...breakfast first, then a picnic lunch before we head home. Our children are doing their things with their families. I love that they do their own thing with their families....that's how we raised them. .. to make their own traditions. Happy Mother's Day to all of my Forum Friends.

Mimi_Howard
May 12th, 2018, 09:23 PM
Normally my daughter and I would meet up on Sat. before mothers day at a mall, some lunch and some shopping. We meet at mall halfway between us. But this year the family was doing a 2K run, kids included, so assume they are pulling a wagon. Anyway I was going to go to her place tomorrow but since I am going there next saturday (armed forces parade in her town).. decided to postpone the trip. Her car is acting up and I was planning to drive to her. That means white knuckle time (LA freeways!). So figure better not to do white knuckles two weekends in a row ... her hubby's mother is also waiting a week .. so one big BBQ and parade with family on both sides next weekend. Saw my son today so all is well and tomorrow I can do whatever I want... slug bug time or sewing.. who knows!

Happy Mothers Day to all!

KPH
May 12th, 2018, 09:30 PM
I have no idea what's on the agenda tomorrow other than church. DS#2 will go to work while I'm at church, and DS#1 hasn't said a thing. He called saying he was coming over to pick up something and he's not shown up yet. He must not have needed it bad!

MissMay
May 12th, 2018, 09:47 PM
I was in the middle of doing laundry, changing the bed, vac'g, etc., when the door bell rang ~11 a.m. It was a delivery from Pro Flowers. DS#1 & his wife sent them. I opened the box right away, trimmed the stems, & arranged them in water in the vase provided. It's a mix of lilies & the small iris, long stems (maybe Siberian Iris?). Also inside was a small box of chocolates -- really delicious! I've eaten 2 already, but I will savor the rest over the next few days, just one a day. This really made my day! I've also received cards from DH's 2 sons; they always remember Mother's Day & my birthday, as well as Christmas. It's nice to be remembered.

I'll be playing the organ for church tomorrow; I plan to play Mother's Day selections. Remember this oldie? This is only the chorus....

M - is for the million things she gave me,
O - means only that she's growing old,
T - is for the tears were shed to save me,
H - is for her heart of purest gold,
E - is for her eyes, with lovelight shining,
R - means right and right she'll always be,
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"

M - is for the mercy she possesses,
O - means that I owe her all I own,
T - is for her tender sweet caresses,
H - is for her hands that made a home.
E - means ev'ry thing she's done to help me,
R - means real and regular, you see,
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER",

(M-O-T-H-E-R - A Word that Means the World to Me - Lyric by Howard Johnson, Melody by Theodore Morse)

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! to all the moms out there.

What a nice Mother's Day surprise of flowers and candy, you'll enjoy them for the rest of the week. Although DS#3 out in CA often sends me flowers for Mother's Day it's always a pleasant surprise when they arrive.

Tomorrow our DGD Catherine and her DH are taking me and his Mom out to dinner, DS#1 and DS#s & his DW are joining us, should be a very nice time for all of us, Happy Mother's Dal all.

Monique
May 13th, 2018, 10:44 AM
You deserve it. Happy Mother's Day.

Bubby
May 13th, 2018, 12:31 PM
I'm so happy you got such a nice surprise for Mother's Day. I also wish you a Happy Mother's Day!!