PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Morning Greetings

JCY
May 10th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Good Morning, All ~ Only got a min. It's a clear morning. Our high yest. zoomed up to 88 deg. & it's supposed to be even hotter today! Maybe break a record high. The irrigation guy comes at 8 a.m. to turn on our sprinkler system. Yest. afternoon I had ~90 min. for sewing together the charms for the on point quilt. I'm using the Moda pattern rather than Jenny's tut. It's coming together quickly. No more time now.

laura44
May 10th, 2018, 09:47 AM
Morning! Usually not up this early, went to bed past midnight, at 4am I hear my
smoke alarm - "you have a low battery"- every 30 seconds. Of course I need the tall
ladder from the garage. After dropping the batteries 5 times I finally fix it.
How my husband can sleep thru it all I will never know. I am so tired.
Will finish some quilts today, the tops are starting to pile up.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

grammaterry
May 10th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Yesterday I moved all the stuff out of the dining half of the kitchen, cleaned the floor, sanded it lightly and got out the floor poly that I had spotted in the garage. The floor is a light blond...I just wanted to put a light coat of clear floor poly on it and move on...noooooo...this gallon I have is WALNUT. So, all my work will have to be repeated when I go into town to get the right stuff . So, I made banana pudding for DH and prepped some crab cakes.
Then, I wnet to the the sewing room and bound the dinosaur quilt and started cutting 5 inch squares from my truck load of fabric. I cut for 3 hours and got half a box off the floor. It was mostly corduroy pieces. Might make a toasty baby quilt. Maybe I'll get more done today. Its going to take a long time to get all this fabric organized and usable.

KPH
May 10th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Good Morning All,

I started the morning with a phone call from DS#1, Mom... I forgot to get Jonathan's stuff ready for home school today. I thought I'd let you know so you could get something together. I sighed, Okay, no problem and I proceeded to pull some stuff for today. While the printer was humming, I decided to sew together enough squares for the next quadrant of Mike's quilt. I got all of that done, no Jonathan, no phone call from DIL that they're on the way. So, I came into the living room to wait, not wanting to start anything else until after he left. The phone rang again. It's Nana, Is Jonathan having school today? I was like I guess so, all I heard was there aren't any worksheets. --- He's over at their house and Mom has already gone to bed. Mike's left for work, I have no way to get him. So no home school today, more time to work on Mike's quilt.

Well, since I've got the day to myself, I guess I'll get busy. I need to have all the paints and chemical stuff ready for Jim to take on Saturday morning. I have a box of light bulbs that I need to go through to see which ones work and all of those florescent tubes need to take a hike!

Have a wonderful day!

Prayers for those in need, travel mercies for those traveling and thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

MissMay
May 10th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Been busy like you gals this week moving and organizing fabrics, furniture and closets. Linen closet was a mess as DH has been "helping" me put linens away. Thankful for his help but his idea is to just fling towels and sheets into the closet instead of stacking them. Less work for him at the moment but more work for me later when I try to get something without everything falling out. I do think sometimes men are just bears with furniture.

Fabrics chosen for DGGS Drew's baby quilt, now to get the rest of the fabrics away before I begin cutting and sewing. Also came across 4 extra long pillowcases for body pillows, grandgirls used to like those long pillows when they stayed over with us. Will cut them down to queen size, another project for the sewing pile. Wonder what happened to those pillows?

Have a good day everyone.
ATTACH=CONFIG]152331[/ATTACH]

Carlie Wolf
May 10th, 2018, 12:31 PM
I received a beautiful pincushion in the mail today from chelea. What a sweetie, really made my day :-) Also got my daily deal from MSQ and I just love those colors, plus the fast shipping.

We had our first thunderstorm for this Spring early this morning. Not a direct hit but bright lightening. Carlie wasn't happy but took it well and got in bed with me until it passed. She did very well and wasn't clawing at my head :-)They say we could get more today but I don't see anything on the radar. I get the darn head pain spikes though which is annoying. We'll see what happens.

Off to my sewing machine for a while. Have a good day everyone.

Monique
May 10th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Just a quick word. Bonnie is doing well. I think she has turned the corner. I miss you all.

Bubby
May 10th, 2018, 02:04 PM
Hi Everyone....It will be afternoon in a few minutes....I've been so busy with the Girls. They really require a lot of energy and perseverance. Jeff takes over for me when he gets home from work....he just adores these pups already. Dottie has had a few encounters with them but still doesn't want much to do with them. If only they wouldn't 'attack' her when they get close. It must be just a matter of time. Maggie has an excavation project going on....she is trying to remove the grass along the sidewalk and partially underneath. These dogs rip grass out by the roots, give it a shake and spit it out. I never saw anything like this before. Maggie is also stripping the bark off the Maple tree and Sugar carries the bark all over the yard. I suspect they're a tag team! We will be making different arrangements for their play area this evening....

My DD will be here next Friday for her visit. I have a bedroom ready for her and a few other chores are done. I don't want to be too tired when she's here to enjoy her company. She will help me with the Girls. She loves puppies.

Monique, so glad to hear Bonnie is doing better. I know you are watching over her so be sure to take care of yourself. When Mike passed I weighed 91 pounds. Don't let this happen to you. We had hospice help but only for his final 3 days.

Not sure what to fix for dinner tonight. Our menu is definitely shrinking since the Girls got here. The cook is too tired to fix much.

I think we have gone straight into Summer from Winter, which has happened more years than I can count. The oak pollen is horrific right now.

Wishing you all al great day....hugs.......

geegeequilts
May 10th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Well, since I was a klutz yesterday & tripped over some branches I had trimmed yesterday & fell no so gracefully on the ground I've been trying to decide what to do today. Don't want to tick off my somewhat sore knees by going back outside & doing more trimming & to go to my sewing room requires going upstairs. I've been reading but feel as if I'm wasting my day. Sigh, it's cooler inside but I LOVE working in my yard.

Gina

Carlie Wolf
May 10th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Apparently my head was telling me a better story than the weather radar. We got one quick storm with little notice and now there is a bigger one coming in. They're saying potential for 60 mph winds, some hail and potential damage to vehicles, roofs and trees. I feel bad for the kids because it's about time for them to get out of school. I'm hoping it passes a little east of us because we got this around this time two years ago. Lots of damage to all the roofs here and mine was the only car in the neighborhood that didn't have a cracked or broken windshield. Oh yes, and my head is doing tap dances on the walls of my skull! I'm in the middle of making pepperoni cheese bread and cherry pie.