PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Morning Hellos :)

JCY
May 9th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Good Morning, All ~ Today is our final day for Bible Study Fellowship till next fall. This is a sharing day & we'll be doing a lot of singing, too. It's my day to play the piano, which I love doing.

Yest. eve. was our monthly guild mtg. We had our spring tea/pie social and silent auction. They raised $1,900. Next mo. Mary Fons will be our guest speaker. She'll also be teaching a class. I'm soooo looking forward to Sept. when Bonnie Hunter comes. I plan to take her class. She truly is the queen of scrap quilting.

We had another 86 deg. day yest., with the same expected today & tomorrow. The lawn service irrigation guy is coming in the a.m. to turn on our sprinkler system. The recent rains helped, so I haven't had to drag hoses around. I know for sure of one sprinkler head that needs to be replaced. I accidentally stepped back on it last fall when I was weeding & broke it. We had a new timer control box installed last fall; I need to study the manual & figure out how to set & run it!

Have a great "hump day".

KPH
May 9th, 2018, 09:22 AM
Good Morning All,

I've been lazy this morning, slept in, watched the news from bed, found an old Tarzan movie on TV and sat down and started watching and sipping my coffee.

DS#2 has the day off and family dinner is tonight. I had 2 ribeyes out for dinner on Monday, but we went to the beach and ate there. Last night he worked until 8. Tonight DS#1's family comes, so I'll get out two more rib eyes for the adults and hotdogs for the kids. Easy dinner, all I'll have to worry about is hotdog buns, and salad stuff.

I'm almost done with another quadrant on the star/stripes/ diamond quilt. The stars and diamond are done, the stripes are on the sewing machine table ready to go.

I hope everyone has a great day.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 9th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Good morning and sunny wishes to all,
Oh Joy, how I wish I was going to Colorado. Your guild certainly has impressive speakers. I would never miss a meeting.

Yesterday I went and helped my daughter with household chores, folding laundry, chopping veggies, emptying dishwasher. She has been sick for over a week, and I think a bit run down. She brought the baby and 2 yr old to the doctor on Monday. It is viral, so no meds, and she has viral infection, so I am happy it is not a bronchitis. This all started with allergy season. She was pleased, as keeping up with everything can be challenging when you don't feel good. She brought the 2yr old to daycare, so it was an easier day. I skipped Guild meeting last night, as I went out with a few of my girlfriends for birthday week celebrations. Today, DH and I will go to fabric store and he has to drop by work for an hour. Then we are going to dinner at a new to us Portuguese restaurant. The reviews and recommendations are excellent. This morning, I may drop by to see my mom and check out items at the home's garage sale. I am not looking to buy anything, especially after the carloads that I dropped off.

Yesterday, I started cutting up the 15 Christmas FQs that I won at the December guild meeting. If you win, you bring your quilt back in June for members to pick their favorite. There is a cash prize. I think it will be a Quatrefoil, maybe modified version.

Have a great day ladies. A good day to be alive.

TMP
May 9th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Good Morning Everyone !
I am waiting on the air conditioner repair man to come. I have been waiting since last week and listen to every excuse in the world. Yesterday they sent an elderly man and he came right out and said he didn't know how to fix the condensation problem. I haven't slept for the last couple of nights because of the heat, so I am in a "mood" today. It has to be fixed I cant live in Alabama without air. It ruined a section of the floor in the den and I can't have it repaired until I feel like this problem is solved.

Last night we went to an art show for the grandkids and then they had a program celebrating 50 years at Rocky Ridge Elementary School. The program was really cute with the 3rd grade singing and the 5th grade playing drums, recorders and dancing.

Hope everyone has a great day!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 9th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Good Morning Everyone !
I am waiting on the air conditioner repair man to come. I have been waiting since last week and listen to every excuse in the world. Yesterday they sent an elderly man and he came right out and said he didn't know how to fix the condensation problem. I haven't slept for the last couple of nights because of the heat, so I am in a "mood" today. It has to be fixed I cant live in Alabama without air. It ruined a section of the floor in the den and I can't have it repaired until I feel like this problem is solved.

Last night we went to an art show for the grandkids and then they had a program celebrating 50 years at Rocky Ridge Elementary School. The program was really cute with the 3rd grade singing and the 5th grade playing drums, recorders and dancing.

Oh I cannot imagine not having A/C in the summer months. While it can get hot here, it is the humidity that kills me. In winter, high humidity just pierces through your bones.

One year, we visited DH's family in KS, and it was 95-110 the whole time. I couldn't believe it, but the heat did not bother me. No humidity. Go figure. What they called humidity was nothing in my books.

Claire Hallman
May 9th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Good Morning Everyone !

My nieces went to Rocky Ridge Elementary, small world.
You are so right about air conditioning and Alabama, how did our ancestors do it? How did I do it as a kid? I suppose I didn't know any different.:icon_rolleyes: We have not turned ours on quite yet, we have opened windows but that won't work for long.

grammaterry
May 9th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Ummm...I remember being a kid...no ac...got married and moved to Calif and they had ac in the apts. Then, came back to Utah and we stayed in my parents house. no ac. We tossed and turned and finally took the mattress to the back yard at 3 am so we could breath. I think if you never had it, you can live without it but now...we don't have it. Don't seem to need it in the NC mountains. In fact, I hate going places that I can't feel summer
Yesterday, I went into town and took MIL to lunch then to the greenhouses to pick out some geraniums. I offered to plant them but she said she wanted to do it. Then she told me she was going to have to hire a gardener to chop off the jonquils. I said I'd do it so I began. Then she asked if I' would mind doing her neighbors too....I laugh because she was so excited to share her free help. She told me she wanted mothers day once a month. This is my DH's step mother that married his father well after DH was an adult and she never had children of her own. The neighbor tried to put a $50 in my hand and I backed away. She said please take it and I explained that would take the joy of a good deed from my heart.
The lady that used to work for a childrens dress factory called and offered me more fabric cheap. I met her yesterday. A pickup truck load for $100. Some of it is really just throw away trimmings but there is plenty of good stuff. I'm going to sort today.

KPH
May 9th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Ummm...I remember being a kid...no ac...got married and moved to Calif and they had ac in the apts. Then, came back to Utah and we stayed in my parents house. no ac. We tossed and turned and finally took the mattress to the back yard at 3 am so we could breath. I think if you never had it, you can live without it but now...we don't have it. Don't seem to need it in the NC mountains. In fact, I hate going places that I can't feel summer
Yesterday, I went into town and took MIL to lunch then to the greenhouses to pick out some geraniums. I offered to plant them but she said she wanted to do it. Then she told me she was going to have to hire a gardener to chop off the jonquils. I said I'd do it so I began. Then she asked if I' would mind doing her neighbors too....I laugh because she was so excited to share her free help. She told me she wanted mothers day once a month. This is my DH's step mother that married his father well after DH was an adult and she never had children of her own. The neighbor tried to put a $50 in my hand and I backed away. She said please take it and I explained that would take the joy of a good deed from my heart.
The lady that used to work for a childrens dress factory called and offered me more fabric cheap. I met her yesterday. A pickup truck load for $100. Some of it is really just throw away trimmings but there is plenty of good stuff. I'm going to sort today.

Terry, DH's aunt told her three that all she wanted for Mother's Day was a work day. So each kid picked a day to give her to work around her house. Her daughter and husband painted her living room and bedroom. One son took care of the 'back, back yard' and fence, the third painted all the decking and front door. All the chores are done and nothing she doesn't need in her tiny house. I think she had the right idea.

Mischiefkat1
May 9th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Terry, DH's aunt told her three that all she wanted for Mother's Day was a work day. So each kid picked a day to give her to work around her house. Her daughter and husband painted her living room and bedroom. One son took care of the 'back, back yard' and fence, the third painted all the decking and front door. All the chores are done and nothing she doesn't need in her tiny house. I think she had the right idea.

What a lucky mom she is Kathy

Monique
May 9th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Good almost afternoon. Bonnie is doing well today. I pushed her for a walk and we did the almost wrap around porch twice this morning. Progress even if it's little things.

It is a good thing I am only minutes away from my house where I can pop in and pick up whatever we need. This morning it was oatmeal and now for lunch we need mayo.

Anyhow, have a great day everyone. It is another gorgeous day here today.

I am hoping that by next week she will be able to stay by herself.

Carlie Wolf
May 9th, 2018, 12:41 PM
I use to be ok without AC. When we moved to Vermont is was lovely, very little humidity. Same with where we were in Canada. Here we can get some humid weather but it tends to be in small spurts. I never could take the humidity even when young and so much less so now. I try to turn it on in the afternoon when it's bad for a few hours and use it on an "as needed" basis. We do have one of those huge attic fans though.

Monday I got out and worked on the front and side flower beds. I was surprised how long I was able to keep it up :-) I paid on Tuesday and there wasn't a bone in my body that wasn't sore so not much was done yesterday. I was out there again this morning and got my larger flower bed done and so far I'm not so sore. Two more to go. Got my potatoes planted and I'm only going to plant wax beans and tomatoes this year. My herbs all seem to be coming up again so most won't have to be replaced.

Have a good day all :-)

KPH
May 9th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Good almost afternoon. Bonnie is doing well today. I pushed her for a walk and we did the almost wrap around porch twice this morning. Progress even if it's little things.

It is a good thing I am only minutes away from my house where I can pop in and pick up whatever we need. This morning it was oatmeal and now for lunch we need mayo.

Anyhow, have a great day everyone. It is another gorgeous day here today.

I am hoping that by next week she will be able to stay by herself.

That's good news about Bonnie! Get her strength built up for the fight ahead! Still lifting her in prayers.