PDA

View Full Version : My dad passed away

Cokie
May 8th, 2018, 02:13 PM
My dad passed away this morning. My brother said he had a peaceful night and the hospice brought in a cd of big band music to play for him - he LOVED big band music. My parents were married 66 years this past February and they absolutely loved each other.

Because my dad died as the result of a fall, I guess the coroner's office has to investigate so it will be a couple of days before he is released to the funeral home, so no details yet. Dad wanted no obituary, no calling hours, no public funeral service. We'll see what Mom wants to do and I'll know more about DH'ss situation after his appointments tomorrow. I'm thinking the doctors won't want him to travel so far but he might be OK to stay by himself for a few days. My youngest son is devastated - he and my dad were very close. Prayers for him would be appreciated. He called his older brother who lives on the west coast to tell him, and all he said was, "We're kinda busy right now but thanks for letting me know." What???? I just don't know what's going on with my oldest son but I have too many other things going on to worry about it right now. Heartbreaking...

My dad and I were very close and I was always a Daddy's girl. I knew how much he loved me and vice-versa. No regrets in our relationship, and I'm happy that he's no longer suffering or in pain but is healthy and whole and walking with Jesus. I imagine him being greeted by his parents and others he loved who have passed on before him. But I will miss him terribly. It's hard to imagine not seeing the twinkle in his eye or hearing him answer the phone by saying, "Well, hello there, my sweet daughter!"

Thank you all for your prayers for my family.

bubba
May 8th, 2018, 02:19 PM
You and yours will be in my thoughts ♥

Star lover
May 8th, 2018, 02:19 PM
Oh Cokie.....my heart goes out to you and your family. I well remember my father's passing......just a short 2 years ago.....it was sudden too!

I truely believe you never get over someone you really loved.....you just get used to it. I found that that OK.

I'll be praying for you and your family. Love and hugs!

mommadeb
May 8th, 2018, 02:26 PM
Many hugs and prayers out to all of you.

Bubby
May 8th, 2018, 02:29 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Patti. I will continue to pray for you , your Mom and your family as you walk through this time. HUGS....

amartin24
May 8th, 2018, 02:55 PM
So sorry for your loss. It is so hard losing a parent. Prayers for you and your family.

jjkaiser
May 8th, 2018, 02:58 PM
My thoughts are with you and your family. I am so sorry.

KPH
May 8th, 2018, 03:09 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Words are of little comfort, but know that our prayers are with you, supporting you.

Kgrammiecaz
May 8th, 2018, 03:16 PM
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. My parents are 88 this year, and I just cannot imagine the day. Blessing to all - keep those wonderful memories!

Sandy Navas
May 8th, 2018, 03:16 PM
Hugs and prayers - just take care of yourself! Prayers continue for your DH, too!

pcbatiks
May 8th, 2018, 03:18 PM
So sorry to hear about your dad's passing. I hope the memories of your mom & dad's loving marriage and other special memories will help bring you comfort. My heart goes out to you. Your family will be in my prayers.

Monique
May 8th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Thoughts and prayers for your family. May your memories help you through this most difficult time.

chelea
May 8th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Keeping you and your family in my prayers...

GuitarGramma
May 8th, 2018, 03:40 PM
My sincere condolences, Cokie. I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your sons will be in my prayers.

Cathy F
May 8th, 2018, 03:57 PM
I'm sorry for your lost, prayers for you and your family.

LindaKay75
May 8th, 2018, 04:22 PM
I am soooo sorry for your loss. Prayers go out to you and your loved ones.

cv quilter
May 8th, 2018, 04:33 PM
I'm so sorry, Cokie. Condolences to all of you. How wonderful that your Dad was able to pass peacefully and that he listened to the music he loves. How thoughtful that was of Hospice to bring the music.

laura44
May 8th, 2018, 05:04 PM
I'm so sorry, praying for you and your family.
He is happy now, you will see him again.
Sounds like he was a wonderful father.

Judy, USMC
May 8th, 2018, 05:09 PM
So sorry to hear of your and your Mother's loss. Adding my sincere condolences to the rest posted here.

bakermom
May 8th, 2018, 05:15 PM
sorry for your loss.

KarenC
May 8th, 2018, 05:19 PM
So sorry for your loss, he sounds like a wonderful husband, father and grandfather.

Anitamae56
May 8th, 2018, 05:29 PM
You have a great attitude! Many prayers being sent .

Carlie Wolf
May 8th, 2018, 05:41 PM
I'm so sorry you lost your Dad, my prayers are with you.

Caroline T.
May 8th, 2018, 05:42 PM
Cokie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family, that you will find comfort and strength together, knowing that your Father lived a life of love and joy, and that will always be his legacy to you all.

kayj
May 8th, 2018, 05:51 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Hulamoon
May 8th, 2018, 06:32 PM
It's a hard road losing someone. I'll be thinking of you.

oldsewer
May 8th, 2018, 06:56 PM
My sympathy for your loss.

JCY
May 8th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Thoughts & prayers for you & your family. May God give you the strength, comfort, & peace you need to carry you through each day. God bless.

Tracie T
May 8th, 2018, 09:46 PM
Prayers for you and your family. I'm sorry for your loss.

Rhonda K
May 8th, 2018, 10:07 PM
I am sorry for your loss of your father. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

sewbizzy
May 8th, 2018, 10:10 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss...sending prayers for you and your family

grammaterry
May 8th, 2018, 11:05 PM
Thank you for sharing your thoughts so we can all pray together. Losing a parent is the hardest thing you've done so far. I suppose losing a child is harder, but we feel your pain and we love you

MissMay
May 8th, 2018, 11:10 PM
So sad to hear, may your Dad Rest in Peace.

Debbie Watters
May 8th, 2018, 11:59 PM
Prayers being sent for you and your family ... take care ...

sherriequilts
May 9th, 2018, 12:07 AM
I am very sorry ... prayers and hugs for you and your family.

auntiemern
May 9th, 2018, 12:16 AM
So very sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

JaniceR
May 9th, 2018, 12:47 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how painful it is to lose a parent. I will pray for peace, strength, and healing for you and your family to get through this very difficult time.

Simply Quilting
May 9th, 2018, 01:05 AM
So sorry for your loss. Continued prayers for your family and prayers for your dh's appointment tomorrow.

quilt_gems_25
May 9th, 2018, 02:05 AM
So Sorry to hear about your Dad. It sounds like he was someone you could truly look up to. My prayers go out for you and your family. I'll also be praying that all goes well for your DH.

Andrea F
May 9th, 2018, 03:38 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

TMP
May 9th, 2018, 06:03 AM
Sending prayers to you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.

Connie Jo
May 9th, 2018, 09:19 AM
Hugs and prayers for you and your family

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 9th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Sincere condolences to you, your mom and family. While it is never an easy time, I am certain that he is no longer suffering. I suppose your oldest son has his own challenges, which he may not be sharing. Grandkids all have different reactions. I know that my kids really missed my father as he was part of their lives everyday. Whereas the other grandparents were not as close to my kids, so it was not as traumatic.

I hope you are able to make the trip, if not only to be with your mom at this time.

shermur
May 9th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Patti.....You're in thoughts and prayers. May God comfort in your time of sorrow and please lean on those who love and care about you.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 9th, 2018, 12:36 PM
So sorry for your loss! My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

geegeequilts
May 9th, 2018, 02:13 PM
So sorry about your Dad. It's good you had such a wonderful relationship with him. I'm sad about your son's attitude but you're right in not worrying about it right now. You & your family will be in my prayers as you work thru the grief. We are here for you.

Gina

Cokie
May 9th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers for my family. They mean so very much to us. My mom is doing very well. I'm sure she'll have her moments, like we all will, but that's OK. She has the small service all planned out and she's quite happy with what she's planned. My son and I are flying out on Saturday, and my son will fly back on Wednesday morning to be here with DH so I can stay a little longer with my mom. We decided that it would be best for DH not to go, but he feels that he's OK to stay here by himself for a few days. He's by himself while I'm working anyway. The more we thought about it, the more concerned we were with the altitude possibly affecting his breathing, so we're all comfortable with this decision. DH's appointment at Cleveland Clinic today revealed a possible bump in the road in the transplant evaluation, but we have set up follow-up appointments and the doctor did not feel it was a roadblock, just maybe a detour - a different way of doing things in the upcoming appointments due previous health issues.

Thank you all again for your prayers for our family. I am awed by the support here and incredibly grateful.

Angelia
May 9th, 2018, 10:53 PM
I am sorry.

Ginny B
May 10th, 2018, 08:09 AM
Oh Cokie. So sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

MRoy
May 10th, 2018, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Thinking of you and your family during this time.

Bouse
May 10th, 2018, 09:55 AM
So sorry to hear your news but glad for you all that at the end, his call was peaceful.

Nwmnteacher
May 10th, 2018, 10:26 AM
My sympathies to you and your family.

SallyO'Sews
May 10th, 2018, 01:13 PM
So sorry for your loss, Cokie; praying for you and your entire family.