PDA

View Full Version : Any Quilters from Washington State?

Carolyn
May 8th, 2018, 01:33 PM
It looks like we will be moving there next year. Somewhere between Longview and Walla Walla. DH has relatives in Portland so that is one reason. Any info you wish to give would be greatly appreciated. LQS, places to consider or not consider. Anyone live in one of the 55+ communities?

Caroline T.
May 8th, 2018, 01:50 PM
There's several of us in Washington - so let me be the first to offer you a pre-welcome!

I'm in Puyallup (near Tacoma), so I don't have much info to offer to you for the area you are possibly moving to, except to plan at least one road trip so that after you get settled in you can meet a few of your "local" forum friends!

bubba
May 8th, 2018, 02:22 PM
I'm in Tacoma, not far from Carolyn. Even though I have lived here my entire life, I do not know that area of the state. However, I do know there are lots of wineries down there!!

JCY
May 8th, 2018, 07:22 PM
I used to live in Walla Walla in the early '70's, but I was not a quilter then. It's a nice town. Many retired folks there. Somewhere between Longview & WW is a big area -- like clear across the width of the state! I guess you'll have to more specific when you know an exact destination.

Carolyn
May 9th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Thank you ladies, it is always exhausting to find a new place to live. We will be doing a ten day visit in October. DH will be in a class and I will be house hunting. Medical care is a big priority so I will be looking into that also. Nice to know there will be other quilters I sort of know.

EnumclawGramma
May 9th, 2018, 01:10 PM
I also live in Puyallup, right near Caroline! I have family in E. Washington, but I've never lived out that way. I agree with Caroline, get settled and plan a road trip up our way. We've got that awesome Sewing and Quilt expo right up the street! Always a good reason for a visit....

SallyO'Sews
May 10th, 2018, 01:11 PM
This is making me miss my PNW quilty friends!! What a wonderful visit last summer with Pat, Caroline, Libby, and Cathy!!
Hugs to all of you!

bubba
May 10th, 2018, 02:43 PM
This is making me miss my PNW quilty friends!! What a wonderful visit last summer with Pat, Caroline, Libby, and Cathy!!
Hugs to all of you!

Don't you have kids you need to come visit??

tesspug
May 11th, 2018, 03:44 AM
If you get to the Portland area check out Craft Warehouse in Vancouver Wa. They sometimes have a huge fabric sale, not sure how often, but gorgeous flat fold fabric for very low prices. They always have nice fabric just not always on sale. https://craftwarehouse.com

Bjvarizona
May 17th, 2018, 02:03 AM
My sister in law lives in Liberty Lake near Spokane and they have a big quilt show every October. There are several very nice quilt stores in LLake and between them and Spokane, called Spokane Valley.

toggpine
May 19th, 2018, 01:04 AM
Don't you have kids you need to come visit??

I'm absolutely certain she does!