PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday morning in May hellos

Blondie
May 8th, 2018, 05:59 AM

Hello Folksies

Peeking in very quickly before the day gets away from me. Spring has sprung in double time. I love it. My allergies don't but hey, what's a headache, itchy eyes and scratchy throat? I can deal with the last two rather than the migraines that accompany. Last two weeks have been brutal. The last two days have been pleasant. We finally got some rain that dampened down the oak pollen. Feels good to feel like me again. You will think me crazy but the last two days I have worked in Mom's yard. No problem except for a spot or two of poison ivy. Sis and I plus our hubs work in Mom's yard every year. As time goes on, we are of course, doing more and more, which is our pleasure. Yesterday we were down there at 6:30. This morning will be the same. I do it as soon as the sun is up before the heat arrives. Tonite we will most likely stay with Mommy for our weekly girls night.

My little man Eli will be turning 2 next week! I can't believe it.

152293 two weeks 152295 6 mos 152294 one year
152291 152292 two years

I just took a sip of coffee, looking over pics and realized that in a month I will be down in Florida visiting my baby girl! Sis will be flying with me. I am so looking forward to seeing my girl and family. Tyler will turn 4 while we are there. Little rascal is my special love. We get along like PB& J sammies. He tells me every time we chat that I am his BFF. lol. While I wish my Daddy and my own Grands were still here to enjoy all these fresh new lives I am glad that they don't have to listen to the junk over the air waves. But oh my! Would my Daddy be busting his buttons about now! So very happy that my Mom is able to be a part of them.

Off to get myself caffeinated. And dab on my calamine lotion. It is interesting the places on the body that poison ivy show up. Think on that.

SMILE!

Star lover
May 8th, 2018, 07:07 AM
Good mornin all.....

Oh my.....poison ivy.....AND allergies.....wow, what a combo! Your grandson is adorable.....and yes they grow.....super fast. Feels like yesterday when my first GS was born, now he's 10! Enjoy (as if I have to tell you) them NOW!

So many needing our prayers this am. Love and hugs to all!

Bubby
May 8th, 2018, 07:30 AM
Morning Everyone...The Little Girls let us sleep until 4:30 this morning...love it! Dottie gave the pups token acknowledgment yesterday, so it's a tiny step in the right direction. She's interacting with me again after 3 days of turning her back to me. I guess she figures she needs an ally. Jeff is off work today for Truman Day.

I have errands to run today while Jeff can be at home with the Girls...a quick trip to WalMart for another baby gate and some food.

Cokie, so glad your Mom is holding up under the decision making. My prayers are with you all.

Wishing everyone a good day.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 8th, 2018, 07:47 AM
Good morning ladies,
Oh Blondie, I feel for you. Poison ivy. Allergies. I guess Benadryl, calamine lotion and antihistamine are on the menu for you.

I wish I could have slept in, but I think there has just been too much going on and the week's lineup is not quiet. My girlfriends want to go to dinner for my BD. It's also guild night, which Heather wants to go to. I want to renew membership this month in case they fill quota. dD and the kiddos have been sick for a week. It's not just allergies, and waiting to hear from her if hers is a virus. Mommy's intuition tells me it's bronchitis and exhaustion. Not sure what I can do to help. Tomorrow's roadtrip with DH has to be postponed as he has a meeting at work. We will go out to dinner at a Portuguese restaurant that has a lot of fish and interesting dishes.

Also this week, is haircut out of town, helping set up members' booth at guild quilt show. We are also going to my step son's place, as he will be leaving on a business trip on Saturday to Germany. His wife is pregnant with #3, and her mom & dad who usually help a lot are leaving next Tuesday until a week before baby is delivered. They are cutting their summer vacay to Lebanon due to the new grand baby. Also need to find time to go to quilt show, Mother's Day and help at my grandson's birthday. I need a time machine.

On second load of laundry, water system will be turned on this morning. One day at a time. -- breathe -- coffee.

Ginny B
May 8th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Good morning all. Blondie, what a sweetie Eli is! Thanks for sharing pix. Good luck dealing with the poison ivy and allergies. Barb, glad Dottie is talking to you again. :) Suzanne, I'm exhausted just reading about all you've got going.

It's a pleasant day here today. The sun is shining this morning. Yesterday work was not bad for a Monday. Some tech glitches at the beginning and end of the day and a fire drill in the middle (new regs mandate a monthly fire drill because of the health clinic downstairs --- ugh), but all in all, not bad for a Monday.

I hope everyone has a good day. Keeping Cokie and her family in my prayers this morning as they go through this difficult time.

JCY
May 8th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Our wonderful weather continues. It finally got up to 86 yest., even though we had cloud cover much of the day. I worked my way through 4 loads of laundry. The sweatshirts & jacket I dried outside on the lines. Another 80 deg. day expected today.

I put together my own Mother's Day cards for the DILs & a couple special friends. I found a nice poem on line & used blank cards from stash.

I made a start on that charm pack quilt on point. I found 2 charm packs alike & chain pieced. So far I've just sewn groups of 2. I have them laid out on the floor. I need to sew together the 2nd pack, then come up with a layout. I'm not too keen on the reds & oranges, which this fabric line includes, but I'll use what's there.

No more time now. DH is waiting for breakfast.

KPH
May 8th, 2018, 09:14 AM
Oh my, I'm so glad yesterday is over, and today is a new slate. Lots of little things just went so awry and I just stayed on the verge of tears all day. It's over! New start!

The chemical recycle is this weekend at the park across the street from my my son's subdivision. So Friday, I want all of that stuff in the back of his truck and ready to go! I'm pulling stuff off the shelves, getting the paint cans all placed in one area so it will be ready to go!

DS#1 wanted to borrow the grill that is in the storage building. It's the first time I've been there since Jan. It wasn't pleasant. Needless to say, what he wanted was in the very back under tons of stuff! So he left without it. I brought home two boxes and went through them getting most of that stuff ready for donation. DS#2 can drop them off on his way to work this morning.

I picked up the Sticks and Stones, it's still folded up on the sofa. They did a beautiful job, front and back look great. One thing they did that other long armers that I've used haven't done is they've basted around the edges. When I first looked I was kind of upset because it was going to be noticeable right inside the binding. I was so relieved when I realized that those stitches are so long and loose that they will be so easy to pull out and not show on my quilt.

Blondie, I know all about allergies. I'm right there with you! Barb, sleep is a wonderful thing. I'm glad that Dottie is adjusting to the little ones. Gina, I thought I'd gotten caught up on the laundry, lol, 2 grandkids made sure I had extra loads yesterday and extra floor mopping, cleaning hemp woven chairs, and bath mat washing in addition their clothes.

My heart aches for Cokie and her family. All of our journeys in life have their ups and downs, twists and turns. It's wonderful that we all have each other, near and far. This group is a wonderful support system, and our joined prayers and good wishes do help.

Thanksgiving prayers for all of our many blessings. Prayers for those in need, our individual needs are many but the good Lord knows what they are.

grammaterry
May 8th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Poison IVY ! I got a case 36 yrs ago that went systemic and lasted 4 months. It covered my whole body. Since then, I have found several solutions for ordinary outbreaks. One. start by washing with COLD water, not hot. That will seal up your pours and allow you to wash off the oil. Then, if it erupts into those little red blisters that itch so badly...Run the hottest water you can stand and suds up and rub rub rub. THis is the only time to satisfy those itches. Then, plunge into extremely cold water and you won't itch for 6 hours or so. THen repeat. Takes away the misery.
Yesterday I switched the wardrobe to summer clothes . I filled three garbage bags with clothing I will never wear again. Some were stained from restaurant work...otners I just haven't worn for a year so probably won't. Its hard to throw out some of those favorites...but why keep them?
THen I sewed for a time. FMQ'd a little. Had a hard time ...broke two needles, knotted of thread....cleaned the machine...nope...so I went with the walking foot and was fine. I'll try FMQ tomorrow. Today I'm having lunch in town with MIL to celebrate mothers da;y with her. Yesterday I called my mother and visited some. It took her a while to get on the same page with me but eventually she started remembering things better and hearing better. I think she just doesn't talk to anyone often enough to get the hang of it. I call nearly every day but rarely does she hear the phone ring so it boils down to about one day a week that I talk to her. I told her I would send flowers for mothers day and she said she'd rather have cookies. lol. So I had them deliver Mrs. Fields cookies. I think I told you...FTD charged me $57 for 3 dozen cookies. Insane. I'll make them next time.

RockinLou
May 8th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Hello, it's evening here and the munchkins are in bed. Tonight is my last solo night before my husband returns from his trip home... I'm torn between sewing and laying on the couch with a remote in my hand. I'm pretty exhausted so I think it will be the couch.

Tomorrow I need to spend a stretch of time in my classroom, otherwise I'm good to relax at home. We have had a 5 day weekend and go back to school on Thursday. So what does my 9 year old announce at the dinner table on Tuesday night? That she has to write a rough draft of a persuasive essay before Thursday. Um, that leaves you with ONE DAY, kiddo!! I'm as ready as she is to end the school year, it's going to be a long 6 week haul from here out, but she has got to figure out that procrastinating about homework is not going to win her any favors in life. sigh....

I cut out pieces for a quilt today, which is why I'm tempted to piece it tonight, but I'm so darn tired that I probably won't bother. I'll cuddle up underneath one instead!

Monique
May 8th, 2018, 03:34 PM
A quick pop in, I will read later.

Bonnie is doing well enough that I can leave and come home for a bit of a change. We both slept well last night. Her son is coming for the weekend, SO I will be picking him up Friday morning.

Have a spectacular day my friends.