PDA

View Full Version : Hospice

Cokie
May 8th, 2018, 12:02 AM
My dad has been moved to hospice tonight. I talked to my mom for quite a while tonight and she seems to be doing well under the circumstances. Today she met with the funeral home and made all the arrangements, for both Dad and herself, when her time comes. She said they had discussed their wishes but just hadn't been to the funeral home yet. The people from the funeral home actually came to the house and helped her, then took her and my SIL to the cemetery to show her the locations available. She said she knew the right place when she saw it and knew Dad would really like it. She hasn't been to see dad since he fell because he once told her that he didn't want her to see him if he was ever like that, but she has now decided she wants to go see him. She's stronger than she realizes sometimes. Mom said that there has been no info given on any kind of prognosis for hospice, so it could be hours, days, weeks. The hospice is at the hospital so no nursing home, which is also a relief to her. Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. They mean a lot to my family and to me.

KPH
May 8th, 2018, 12:06 AM
Lifting your family in prayer and sending you virtual hugs. You're stronger than you think, too.

Mimi_Howard
May 8th, 2018, 12:11 AM
My heart goes out to you Cokie. My mother got her angel wings under the kind and gentle care through hospice in a hospital setting. They provided comfort for myself and my father at the time. Prayers going out to you and your family.

jjkaiser
May 8th, 2018, 01:00 AM
I am so sorry you are going through this. That must have been very difficult for your Mom to make the funeral arrangements but it shows she is accepting of the situation and is trying to be prepared. Hospice is a wonderful thing and I am glad your Dad will not have to go to a nursing home, just getting him into one is a paperwork nightmare and at least your Mom was spared from that.

GuitarGramma
May 8th, 2018, 02:35 AM
Oh Cokie, I'm so sorry that all this is going on at the same time. My heart goes out to you, and I will continue to pray for you.

Your mom will never regret going to see your dad. What we say when we are healthy is not always how we feel when we fall ill. Your dad, if he is aware of your mom's presence, will be glad she's there.

May God bless you and bring you comfort.

TMP
May 8th, 2018, 02:56 AM
Sending you prayers and hugs in this difficult time.

Blondie
May 8th, 2018, 05:27 AM
Hugs and prayers. Asking that the Lord continue to give you all His continued strength and grace. Hospice has been a blessing to our family as well. They are truly angels.

Star lover
May 8th, 2018, 07:02 AM
Have had great experiences with hospice......my heart and prayers are with you and your family. Love and hugs!

Bubby
May 8th, 2018, 07:24 AM
Hospice was a huge blessing to us when Michael was at the end of his battle with cancer. He was on hospice in our home for a very short time but their kindness and support were invaluable to me.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 8th, 2018, 07:50 AM
My heart goes out to you and your family as you go through these challenging times. I believe that God only sends us the challenges that we can manage, and a bit more to make us stronger.

Astatoo
May 8th, 2018, 08:51 AM
Keeping your family in my prayers and sending you many supportive hugs.

pcbatiks
May 8th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Thinking of you and praying for your family. May you have peace & comfort during this difficult time.

JCY
May 8th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Cokie ~ Continued prayers for you & yours. God bless.

MRoy
May 8th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Prayers for your family.

Connie Jo
May 8th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Iím so sorry for you and your family. May god give you strength through this difficult time. Hugs and prayers

EnumclawGramma
May 8th, 2018, 09:35 AM
Hospice was a great help in our family as well. With both my parents and as support in the days following. There really are no words, but I also will be praying for your family.

azmotogirl
May 8th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Prayers for your entire family during this difficult time.

KarenC
May 8th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Praying for your family. May God give you all strength, peace and comfort.

Bouse
May 8th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Prayers for you and your family at this difficult time.

laura44
May 8th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Prayers for you and your family. My father had Hospice too, they are a comfort.