PDA

View Full Version : Monday morning early hello

LauraP
May 7th, 2018, 02:12 AM
Took a long, late nap today so I'm up for awhile. Started cleaning my DH's office out. Since he has retired he decided it would make a good sewing room for me. BUT, he's not interested in cleaning his junk out of it. This way he has no idea what I throw away until its too late (insert evil laugh!) I bagged up ten sacks of repair manuals and parts catalogs to take to recycling tomorrow.

Then I cleaned my cutting table off so I can move it. Since I could find the top of it, I cut the raggedy ends off an oversized bath towel and used ribbon to rebind it. Saved that towel and can use the ends for potholder stuffing.
Sewed the end of the dogs pillow back together so he can use it again. All I have left is rehemming DH's shorts to get rid of the raggedy edges and I will be caught up on the mending. Then I can start putting the backs on the quilts. My girlfriend asked me to make her some pillows for her outside chairs so that's on the list too.

DH needs my help in the hanger tomorrow sorting what can stay and what needs to be put in the little hanger. His friend borrowed our big hanger for a week long powered paraglider fly-in the end of the month. There will be over two hundred people flying with the engine on their backs.
152274 152275

Back to doing laundry. Hope everyone has a great day.

MaryUK
May 7th, 2018, 04:48 AM
I was up early, showered and ready for the day. The sun is shining and it's going to be a warm day, yayyy!! I have some washing to fold and iron and will get my summer clothes out and pressed.

We're going to the caravan late this afternoon for a couple of days so that'll be nice. We'll be going shopping tomorrow as I need some new walking sandals and a few summer tops for my holiday next month and of course there is an awesome fabric shop which I will have to visit ������

Hugs and prayers for all in need, particularly Cokie and her family xx

Monique
May 7th, 2018, 06:43 AM
Good morning. Well Bonnie got sprung on Friday. Luckily for me, and me being selfish, her daughter stayed the weekend with her. We are taking her back today. I will be spending a couple of days with her until she is comfortable staying alone. I will be taking some projects with me but I am only 5 minutes away from my house so I am not far if I need something.

I was able to go the fabric sale on Saturday where Suzanne was also selling. We got to meet even if it was such a short visit. I got some great deals and will take some pictures later. I need to cancel an appointment I had this week and also won't be able to go to guild either. We do what we have to do, right.

I am not sure when I will be able to check in so don't be too worried if you don't see me for a couple of days. She doesn't have internet at the 'summer' home.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
May 7th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Good morning....Everyone!

Happy for you Laura that you're getting your own space! How wonderful!
Mary, sounds like good times ahead!
Oh Monique, you have every right to do want you have to do.....you're one busy, generous gal! Prayers continue for you and Bonnie.....along with so many here.....

Quiet weekend, complete with sun! Sun today and the next couple days.....then spring rain! I know it's spring cause of the rain.....sure enough beats snow.....anyday!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Love and hugs!

Ginny B
May 7th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Good morning all. Wow Laura, you have been busy already. So happy you are getting a new sewing room. Mary, sounds like a lovely day for you. Enjoy the sunshine. Monique, what a wonderful friend you are. Anita, while I do enjoy snow, I am happy to see some spring rain now. Of course, I enjoy seeing the sunshine a bit more. :)

Well, Monday is calling so it's time to get ready to head to work. I have one more load of laundry in the washer that's about done. I am washing up some bed linens and a comforter that will be picked up by Tuesday's Children this Thursday. I hope you all have a good day.

KPH
May 7th, 2018, 08:28 AM
Good Morning All,

I've been awake, but not productive like you all. Wowsers! With the younger kids coming over this morning, I'm enjoying the quiet time with my cup of coffee.

I worked on Mike's quilt a little yesterday and enjoyed some old movies while the washer and dryer did the major work.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength and wisdom. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Bubby
May 7th, 2018, 08:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone...We have night #3 under our belt and the Little Girls did fairly well. I took them out at 2 am after Dottie went out. They are in their crate right now and protesting rather loudly. After their nap I will let them play until mid afternoon when I think I will need a little nap. They are so darling but so crazy wild with so much energy. Maggie is catching on to the household a little but little Sugar is in puppy bliss with all the toys, treats and people to fuss over her. Their bed linen is in the dryer at the moment and I may give them their first bath (at home) if I can pull it all together.

Laura, it's great you are getting your own sewing room even if you have to clear the room out. There's nothing quite like having your own sewing space you can close the door on when you need to do something else or just walk away!

Cokie, my prayers are continuing for you and your situation.

Monique, do what you have to do. You are such a great friend to Bonnie. Everyone needs a friend like you....Hugs.

Wishing everyone a good Monday with Hugs.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 7th, 2018, 08:47 AM
Good morning ladies,
Sun is shinning. I am enjoying first cup of coffee while DH sleeps in. He will be going to work today, as he did work on his project this weekend. I will be glad when everything is done.

Weekend was exhausting with the fabric sale. Less than half bin came back. Yeah. Glad to have met Monique, and happy that Bonnie came out of hospital. Today is Victoria wuilts this aft. Somehow we found a new member on Saturday. She will be coming today. We need to add some finishers. I'm not certain of her skills. I guess we should have asked her to bring a quilt that she has made.

Tomorrow is guild night, and I had not planned on going, but membership is open, and it is fierce. Membership is capped at 250 and it is expected to be reached by June meeting. It will be first come, first serve, which I don't find partcularly fair for long term members. Heather wants to go, but not certain if Pam is well enough to make it.

Our guild show is this week also, so I am helping to set up on Thursday afternoon, after I get my hair done. Lots going on this week, so I need to save my energy where I can.

Have a good day ladies, and pray for those who need healing words.

Suzanne

JCY
May 7th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Good morning ~ Only got a min. Monday wash day. Hopefully more sewing. I sewed together all the multiple strips for the binding yest. Most were only 16-17" long, so it took a while. I needed 150". I used the trimmings from the table runner & every scrap I had. I also started a practice block; I make one for every quilt to keep for my purposes, since most of my quilts are gifted to others. Even though I take pics, I like to keep track of how I quilted them, etc.

Very warm yest. It got up to 86 deg. I had the windows & doors open. Ran the fan for a while. It's a portend of summer heat.

No more time now. Have a great Mon.

Navy Wife
May 7th, 2018, 09:16 AM
I spent most of last week in north Alabama at a retreat. I didn't get much sewing done, but had a great time. This group is Circle of Friends who used to be an HGTV forum. We have a retreat once a year in different parts of the country.

This week I will have some minor surgery on my hand, and finish up therapy for my knee. I hope I will be through with illness for a while! I have to start packing up the kitchen in preparation for remodeling. All I wanted was a new stove! But I am excited about a whole new kitchen, floor to ceiling! Just dread the mess.

KarenC
May 7th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Good morning all! I was on about 3 this morning, but not coherent to post at that time. Went back to bed, and now after showering and breakfast, I'm awake. Had a quick trip to visit my sis this weekend and bring her baby stuff my GD does not need anymore. She's expecting her first grandchild in September. Yesterday I started the baby quilt for her DD (my godchild). First time doing paper piecing. (lots of ripping when I would stitch a piece out of order) Now I'm working on the background since the paper pieced fox is only one block. Finally finished quilting the charity quilt from last year's fall forum retreat. Will share that after sharing with retreat members in September.
Need to go watch the grandbaby around noon. Mom works late today so I only have her for a few hours until SIL gets home, then off to get a much needed haircut. Tomorrow is quilt group at church, so we'll see what I come home with. Prayers for those in need. Cokie's family, Bonnie, my friends Irma and Waldo, etc.

Simply Quilting
May 7th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Good Morning! It has been beautiful weather around here the past couple of days. This weekend was city wide garage sales. The official day is Saturday but there were lots of sales on Friday which was the day that I found most of the deals. I did find two sewing machines but didn't get either of them.

Thankfully, this week is suppose to be slower than last week which was multiple places to go each day. Having a slow week is a wonderful thing as I have two children who don't feel good and I'm not feeling the best myself. The weather being hot and cold has not been good plus it is full blown allergy season - everything decided to bloom at once because it had been so cold.

One of the goals of the week is to finish binding a quilt for a gift. And the second is to start a quilt that is for a wedding this fall.

Have a great Monday everyone :)

MissMay
May 7th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Lovely weather has continued and I was so happy to keep the windows open to refresh the house but there is a down side as now I have to dust and wash away all the pollen! Got my work cut out for me this morning which is another delay in making new GGSon Drew's quilt.

Kept putting off calling the lawn service to weed and mulch the garden and wild onions have sprouted up around the shurbsr. You can hardly see their pretty blooms.

One more cup of coffee and then off I go, hoping the new week brings nothing but Good News for all of us. =CONFIG]152282[/ATTACH]