PDA

View Full Version : The Pups Have Moved In!

Bubby
May 6th, 2018, 12:25 PM
It has been a CRAZY two days. The Little Girls are 11 weeks old and are 100% curiosity and unbridled energy. They never slow down or get tired. Imagine a circus with things going on everywhere your eyes can see...climbing, jumping, dragging, spilling, tasting, shredding, barking, growling, chewing, whining....

So far they have slept all night without waking or crying and when I put them in their crate so I can get something done they soon fall asleep after about 5 minutes of protest. So far they have tried running with everything they can get into their mouth, climbed everything their short little legs will allow, explored every inch of the house except my sewing room, which of Off Limits for now.

Little Sugar only weighs 4 pounds and Miss Maggie weighs in at 6 pounds. Maggie can pull and drag almost anything she sets her mind to, including Sugar when she's hanging onto a toy for dear life. They do some of the most amazing acrobatics and seem to be totally fearless. Yesterday I put a wee wee pad on the floor and before I turned around Sugar sat in the middle of it and Maggie grabbed a corner of the pad and took Sugar for several rides around the living room, dragging her with no effort at all at top speed. It's hard to get angry with such imagination.

My Sweet Dottie seems overwhelmed with all of the noise and activity. So far she wants little to no contact with the girls. Little Sugar really wants to make friends with Dottie. One pup jumped on Dot's back Friday and that didn't go well but she didn't hurt the pup. We have been putting Dot in rooms where she can have peace and quiet and she has appreciated it. Last night I went into our bedroom with her and spent time like we always do after dinner while Jeff watched the pups elsewhere. We have to feed her separately. Please pray that she can make this transition.

Carol, the Little Girls love the Chilly Bones. One is in one of the pictures with Sugar and in another picture where they are both trying to get it.

Here are the only pictures I could get that weren't blurred....

Ginny B
May 6th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Such adorable little furballs! Have fun keeping up with them.

Hulamoon
May 6th, 2018, 12:41 PM
Cute! The other day my step dd came by with her new puppy and first thing she did was poop twice and peed five times all over my carpet!

I hope Dottie will warm up to them.

CraftyJnet
May 6th, 2018, 12:43 PM
They are totally precious!

JulieC
May 6th, 2018, 12:50 PM
They are so adorable!

Bubby
May 6th, 2018, 12:50 PM
Lorie, Fortunately we didn't have that happen. Just two accidents so far.

Carlie Wolf
May 6th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Oh so cute!!I would guess that they don't make as much of a fuss going to bed at night because they are with each other. Poor Dottie, it's amazing though that they seem to understand that they are puppies and are a bit more forgiving than if it were another dog.

Cokie
May 6th, 2018, 01:09 PM
They're adorable! I hope Dottie will warm up to her new sisters soon. Thanks for sharing the pix - I'm sure it's hard to get good photos if they're always moving!

jjkaiser
May 6th, 2018, 01:18 PM
Gosh are they adorable or what. Sounds like you have your hands full. You must be exhausted when you go to bed at night!! Hope Dottie gets used to the girls soon.

geegeequilts
May 6th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Barb

I was wondering how the older sister was coping with the newcomers. I don't remember how old Dottie is. I'm sure she'll soon adapt to her baby sisters. On days she's feeling good I'm thinking she will be friendlier with them.

Oh and just wanted to say ADORABLE! How's the new Mom? LOL!

Gina

Astatoo
May 6th, 2018, 01:27 PM
They are so cute!

MissMay
May 6th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Doe seem like a circus at your house and you and Jeff are loving it, Dottie not so much but she'll come around in a bit.

Carolnnc
May 6th, 2018, 02:11 PM
It has been a CRAZY two days. The Little Girls are 11 weeks old and are 100% curiosity and unbridled energy. They never slow down or get tired. Imagine a circus with things going on everywhere your eyes can see...climbing, jumping, dragging, spilling, tasting, shredding, barking, growling, chewing, whining....

So far they have slept all night without waking or crying and when I put them in their crate so I can get something done they soon fall asleep after about 5 minutes of protest. So far they have tried running with everything they can get into their mouth, climbed everything their short little legs will allow, explored every inch of the house except my sewing room, which of Off Limits for now.

Little Sugar only weighs 4 pounds and Miss Maggie weighs in at 6 pounds. Maggie can pull and drag almost anything she sets her mind to, including Sugar when she's hanging onto a toy for dear life. They do some of the most amazing acrobatics and seem to be totally fearless. Yesterday I put a wee wee pad on the floor and before I turned around Sugar sat in the middle of it and Maggie grabbed a corner of the pad and took Sugar for several rides around the living room, dragging her with no effort at all at top speed. It's hard to get angry with such imagination.

My Sweet Dottie seems overwhelmed with all of the noise and activity. So far she wants little to no contact with the girls. Little Sugar really wants to make friends with Dottie. One pup jumped on Dot's back Friday and that didn't go well but she didn't hurt the pup. We have been putting Dot in rooms where she can have peace and quiet and she has appreciated it. Last night I went into our bedroom with her and spent time like we always do after dinner while Jeff watched the pups elsewhere. We have to feed her separately. Please pray that she can make this transition.

Carol, the Little Girls love the Chilly Bones. One is in one of the pictures with Sugar and in another picture where they are both trying to get it.

Here are the only pictures I could get that weren't blurred....

Oh my gosh they are the most adorable puppies! I'm glad to see they like the Chilly Bones. Ryker didn't like anything frozen so when I gave him the blue one he sniffed it and walked away. He has just recently started with the Kong's filled with frozen dog food inside. He tends to leave it until it thaws a little before he'll touch it.

I hope Dottie comes around without to much trauma. She probably feels just like our cat did at first. I thought the old girl was going to have a nervous breakdown.

Wish you had video of Maggie dragging Sugar around on the wee pad!!!!

mommadeb
May 6th, 2018, 02:14 PM
They are adorable!

Debbie Watters
May 6th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Cute pictures! They look like they are enjoying their new home!

bubba
May 6th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Several years ago we also had two westies. I'm glad we got them a year apart, because if we had gotten two that were as busy as the older one was, we would have gone berserk

You are in for a ton of fun!!

Simply Quilting
May 6th, 2018, 02:25 PM
What sweet fun!

JCY
May 6th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Oh my goodness. All that energy & antics. You'll have your hands full for a time. I hadn't seen this post yet when I mentioned on the daily thread to post pics. They are so cute!

sewbizzy
May 6th, 2018, 06:28 PM
Barb, they are so sweet....you will have lots of fun with them...I hope Dottie will get used to them...

cv quilter
May 6th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Barb, your new babies are so sweet looking. I keep telling Fred we need a new little puppy,, but that won't happen....Realistically, we just don't need another one but the "mommy" in me would love a little new person in our home. We travel, want to travel more, we have our sweet little Cavalier (10 years old) who is a rescue dog (5 years when we got her, and 10 years now) and I am not sure she could/would be good with an "interloper". She was pretty subdued, nervous, almost paranoid, when we adopted her and we DO love her so much. I am not sure we would be up to another little pup now. We will take our little girl with us wherever we go, and if/when we lose her we will not have another little "person" in our home. (this will be a BAD day for us). Our Snickers has cancer and has beaten all the odds and has lived 18 months beyond the expectancy after her spleen was removed and we will just love her for as long as we can. I look forward to your future posts with you two new additions and will be interested in your new posts.

laura44
May 6th, 2018, 09:43 PM
So cute! I read your post to my husband and we laughed thru it all.
Puppies are the best entertainment! Poor Dottie, she may never warm
up to them, and that's ok. I'm sure she will let them know who's top dog.
My 17 year old dog was tormented by my sons puppy, she would take a little
bit of playing and them would go hide on our bed. Enjoy!!!

auntiemern
May 6th, 2018, 10:48 PM
What sweet little girls they are. You are certainly in for a bit of a wild ride. hoping Dottie learns to tolerate them rather quickly.

Monique
May 7th, 2018, 06:50 AM
Aw sounds like everyone is settling in nicely even if Dottie isn't too fond of them yet. I hope she warms up to them eventually.

Star lover
May 7th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Thank you for trying to get pics of those sweet lovable in perpetual motion pups! They are adorable!
Praying for all of you to adjust.....I'm tired just thinking about it! Love and hugs!

Iris Girl
May 7th, 2018, 07:37 AM
they are so cute, hope Dottie warms up to them soon. You will have your hands full for awhile. Puppies can be so entertaining, but as a cat owner/lover so can cats. Enjoy your new girls.

pcbatiks
May 7th, 2018, 11:19 AM
Puppies.....puppies..........they are so stinkin' cute!

I loved reading your report of the puppies. It was funny, entertaining and exhausting. They sound like 2 live wires! :D

The pictures are so cute. Wish I could stop by to play with them.

Can't wait to hear updates. Have fun with the fur babies.

Nwmnteacher
May 7th, 2018, 11:25 AM
They look like mischief in fur coats!

LLLinda
May 7th, 2018, 03:11 PM
I was really hoping you would post pics today. Dottie may soon decide she has to take over and be the momma. I had a papillon about 2 yrs old when I got a male. She helped train him to go outside an would tell on him if he got into things or sometimes would grab him by the ear and correct him. Lots of funny times there. Several years later I adopted a 10 yr old papillon and had another dog too. He would get a little rowdy and try to play with her but no deal. She walked over to him, jumped up to his chest with both her front feet and pushed him over. That solved the problem. Love, love my my babies.

Blondie
May 8th, 2018, 05:33 AM
LOVE THEM! So very happy for you. Dottie will come around. lol.

Andrea F
May 9th, 2018, 03:40 AM
Those are the cutest little pups! So adorable!

TMP
May 9th, 2018, 06:02 AM
What wonderful little balls of fur! They are just too cute! I think its good your giving Dottie her time . Please post more pictures .

EnumclawGramma
May 9th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Oh Barb! How did I miss this big event?!?! Congratulations on the new arrivals. You're in for so much fun and joy! Aw, they're adorable. Puppies, boundless energy and endless love <3

SallyO'Sews
May 10th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Oh, Barb, they are so cute! I'm not really a pet person, but your little fur babies are just adorable. Enjoy!