PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Forum Friends!

Astatoo
May 6th, 2018, 12:16 PM
It is so nice to get the chance to meet up with our Forum Friends. I had the chance to meet Georgie Girl the other day and wow, she is such a delight. Thank you for meeting up with us. She even presented me with a super quilted bag! My advice is that if you get the chance, go for it and meet up, it is a wonderful opportunity to put a face to the written words. Georgie Girl, keep May 2,3 &4 2019 open for the next Nancy's Notions Sewing weekend. Gale and I are hoping to make it a 3 day vacation and take more of the classes too. And by the way, yes I did end up buying the cabinet.

MissMay
May 6th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Yes, It is Great Meeting Forum Friends in person. I met a gal who turned out to live a few miles from me. For about 10 years or so each Spring we spent 3 - 4 days in Lancaster PA for the show and lots of shopping and hanging out with other online quilting pals.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 6th, 2018, 04:49 PM
It is fun, I agree. Yesterday I met Monique at a fabric flea market where I was a vendor. It is nice to put a face to the name, and I also met her friend Lynda. Unfortunately it is a busy market and we didn't get to talk much, but I am certain that we will meet up again, and have time for coffee or lunch.

auntiemern
May 6th, 2018, 10:51 PM
So excited for you. I so treasure all of the forum friends I have met. Life long friends have been made.

Monique
May 7th, 2018, 06:48 AM
It is fun, I agree. Yesterday I met Monique at a fabric flea market where I was a vendor. It is nice to put a face to the name, and I also met her friend Lynda. Unfortunately it is a busy market and we didn't get to talk much, but I am certain that we will meet up again, and have time for coffee or lunch.

Definitely Suzanne. It is always nice meeting forum members in person.

Georgie Girl
May 7th, 2018, 07:49 AM
It is so nice to get the chance to meet up with our Forum Friends. I had the chance to meet Georgie Girl the other day and wow, she is such a delight. Thank you for meeting up with us. She even presented me with a super quilted bag! My advice is that if you get the chance, go for it and meet up, it is a wonderful opportunity to put a face to the written words. Georgie Girl, keep May 2,3 &4 2019 open for the next Nancy's Notions Sewing weekend. Gale and I are hoping to make it a 3 day vacation and take more of the classes too. And by the way, yes I did end up buying the cabinet.

Wasn't online yesterday to see your post as I was trying to tackle that darn paper piecing bird. No success. I think its the odd angles. I have another book with easier lines. Thanks for the mini lesson. I understand the concept its just not working with that bird. Yes it was a delight meeting you and Gale and my special pin cushion will always be a reminder of you. Glad you bought the cabinet. It's nice having good equipment. The 2 hour trip there and I used my phone to get home under an hour. Took me in a completely different route. I need to get the car GPS updated. I will definitely be looking forward to next year. I love making new friends.