PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Sunday

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 6th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Good morning ladies,

I slept in this morning, as I was pretty tired from yesterday's fabric sale. It was a pleasure and a highlight to meet my forum friend Monique and her gf Lynda. Unfortunately this sale is so busy that we didn't have much time to chat, but my friend Dorothy did snap some pictures which she will send me. Maybe next time, we can have coffee, lunch in her part of the world. It's possible to meet halfway. I was glad to hear that Bonnie's daughter was with her.

The sale went well and I came home with less than half of what I had. I will probably donate most of what remains to my mom's sale. After 6-7 years of doing this, I can say that my stash of non-quilting fabrics is mostly gone. The set up on Friday night was pretty wild. We were in wind warning, and just after we set up tables, the power went out and the winds started howling. We had to leave, but we could see umbrellas and branches flying. We made it home ok, dodging flying items, and pretty exhausted. Dorothy dropped me off but she's 20 mins in the country, so had to dodge split trees and branches.

It's sunny and warm today and I may pick up the pine cones and twigs that fell Friday night. We are expecting good weather this week. Tomorrow is Victoria quilts. I did manage to recruit a person on Saturday who was looking for a local group.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Carlie Wolf
May 6th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Suzanne glad you were able to get rid of a lot of your stash :-)

With the weather finally warming up I got into the storage room and pulled out all my summer things. I got a lot of ironing done and those things closeted and winter things packed away. I even got organized enough to repair any ripped items, mostly pant pockets and arm hole openings :-). Well that was actually yesterday....I'm tired today and not going to do ANYTHING I don't want to! Oh and I found a bag of new plain white t-shirts that someone had given me (maybe a few years ago) so I think I'll start thinking of embroidery designs that I could put on them .

JulieC
May 6th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Happy Sunday!

I did not get my yard mowed yesterday -- my lawnmower refused to start. I'm going to borrow Mom's mower in a little while. I started pricing new ones this morning. My mower is at least 12 years old; when I went to buy a new spark plug for it last year, the sales guy was surprised it was still working. It has an electric start, which is a wonderful feature. Pull-start mowers were not designed for the vertically challenged! It's bulk week this week, I'll be able to put my old mower out for pick up. (Where I live, we can put bulky trash items out only once a month.) I'm sure one of the garbage pickers will pick it up. Someone who is handy may even be able to get it working again. It's times like this I really miss Dad -- he probably could have fixed it. Then again, he was never in a hurry to do stuff...it probably would have been winter before I got it back. :lol:

I finished the 9 patches for the Stairway to Cat Heaven quilt I'm making...now is the hard part, deciding on placement. I won't have much time to quilt for a while, though; my sister from Texas is coming up for a visit May 19 and there's lots to do before she gets here. Our time together will be limited -- she arrives in the evening, and goes home Thursday, the 24th. I'll be at work during the week. She will get to spend lots of quality with Mom, which is a good thing.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

geegeequilts
May 6th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Julie
I'm not familiar with the Stairway to Cat Heaven pattern. Do you have a picture? My son lost of one of his 15 year old kitties a few months ago.

Gina

Ginny B
May 6th, 2018, 02:40 PM
Good afternoon everyone. It's a cloudy day here today but that's ok. I'm getting some cleaning done inside. We had a wonderful day yesterday celebrating Max' First Communion. Then a nice relaxing evening. DH is getting the grocery shopping done while I clean a bit.

Suzanne, sounds like a good day yesterday and Julie, at 4'11" I can identify with the pull cord start issue for sure. Even though hubby does most of the mowing, I am able to it now if the need arrives and he can't .

I took out a few of my short sleeve shirts the other day too and I do think I can put away my turtle neck sweaters now. :)

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone. Time to empty the dishwasher so I'm going to get going.

KPH
May 6th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Afternoon all,

I got a phone call last night, the younger two grands both have fevers so no going to church in the morning. It was fine, my allergies have been bothersome, so I'd stay home and rest up for the week. Well, 10:00 PM the phone rings, Nana is coming to pick you up to take you to church. I was like alright, but that isn't necessary. Well, apparently it was. Nana picked me up, and we went to church. Nandy picked up the oldest grand and brought him to church. When they got there, the oldest grand looked mighty pale. He acted like he felt alright. After Sunday School he came back to the sanctuary, he looked fine, but was cool to the touch. So he snuggled up, since the air was on and it was chilly. He went to Children's Church and when he came back he was pink cheeked... I think he's got it. I hope I don't get it! We'll see. He went home with Grammy and Daedo (DIL's parents). Spreading the fun around!

I got a phone call yesterday afternoon. My Sticks and Stones quilt is ready to pick up. Tomorrow is Mike's day off. We'll have the young ones in the morning, and then we'll go pick it up. I'm excited to see it again. I hope Mike knows that his quilt will be delayed another day or two while I get that one bound and on my bed!

My neighbor is finally fixing the panels of fencing that fell during Irma. I had called Jim to tell him we had to do something. The neighborhood kids were going over to their house then wanting to come through the broken fence to play on the playground equipment that was left by the previous owners. There is so much that needs to be done to it to make it safe again. But I don't want to be responsible for someone else's kids in my back yard. So the fence had to go back up. When Jim went out to look at it, my neighbor got on the ball and went to get the stuff to fix it yesterday. I was sorting laundry and heard what I thought was knocking at the door, and it was him hammering wood. lol, felt like a dummy but so thankful it's finally getting fixed.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort and strength. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

JulieC
May 6th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Hi Gina,

Here's the picture from the McCalls archive...and a link to the pattern. I'm using a light colored fabric for the sky, and omitting the moon, so it will look like daytime instead of night.
http://web.archive.org/web/20070302220618/http://mccallsquilting.com:80/golden/mg01_pattern/index.html

JCY
May 6th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Sunday Afternoon Hellos ~ I popped in early this a.m., but didn't have much time. Church this a.m. Made a quick stop on the way home at Whole Foods for organic turkey bacon & a couple items. Organic strawberries were on sale. I buy only the organic ones, since regular strawberries are so heavily sprayed.

We're having a sunny day, too. It's up to 84 deg. The extended outlook for night time temps. is for above freezing, so yest. I set out the top part of the fountain & filled the shell shaped bowl with water. Years ago, we ran the motor for the fountain, but it got to be too much of a maintenance headache for DH, so now we just put water in it for the birds. The bees & wasps come often, too.

Yest. I finished the FMQ on the narrow border of the table runner. I used one of Tracey Russell's (whirls and swirls on YT) designs. With some extensive piecing, I'll be able to come up with enough of the backing fabric for the binding.

Well, I haven't eaten lunch yet, so it's that time. I had a snack when I first came home from church. I'm headed to the sewing room after I eat.

Katrina, be sure to post pics of the quilted Sticks & Stones quilt. Barb, we're waiting for pics of the pups. Hope Dottie settles in with the new kids.