PDA

View Full Version : Prayers please!

Cokie
May 5th, 2018, 11:54 AM
I was awakened this morning by a phone call from my brother in Colorado, letting me know that my Dad had fallen and hit his head. They are admitting him to the hospital because he has a "small" brain bleed and Dad is on blood thinners. My Dad is 89 years old, and Mom is 86. Please pray for my dad, mom, and my brothers in dealing with this...and for me being so far away. DH has appointments at Cleveland Clinic this week regarding his transplant or I'd probably try to make arrangements to go to Colorado. It's so hard!

Also, please pray for my friend Judy's family. Judy passed away yesterday - she and I shared the exact same birthday - same month, day, year. We never met in person but thru another online forum that I belong to. And also for the family of Anthony, a young man DH and I had in Sunday school years ago. He passed away this week - 25 years old with a little boy. It's been a sad week.

GuitarGramma
May 5th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Oh, Cokie! My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry to hear each and every one of these stories.

Please be assured of my prayers. God bless you.

KPH
May 5th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Lifting prayers. It seems like things like these go around in cycles. I hope your families cycle is on the upswing now.

Peace and God's grace to you and yours.

jjkaiser
May 5th, 2018, 12:21 PM
I feel awful for you, so torn in different directions. I know that feeling well of wanting to be there in person but you just can't be in two places at the same time. Your parents know you would be there if it was possible. Hoping for good news on your Dad's recovery, and your drs appt with dh. So sorry about your friends passing too. You have a lot on your plate.

Bubby
May 5th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Sending prayers for you and your DH and all the other loved ones you are concerned about. It's hard to know which way to turn sometimes.

Star lover
May 5th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Adding my prayers.....you have lots going on! The Lord's strength will help you through.

JCY
May 5th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Cokie ~ May God strengthen you & help you through these days. It's hard when family is so far away at times like this. We lived here in CO when my dad was in failing health. I think some folks wondered why I didn't come visit during his final days. I just could not leave my DH, plus I still had kids at home. I didn't go until the Lord took him Home & I attended his funeral. DH was too ill to attend either his mother's or his sister's funerals in another state. We don't like it, but the reality is we have to deal with life like it is, not how we wish it were. I hope your dad will be ok. It's good they sought medical treatment after his fall. I hope the brain bleed isn't too bad. Did he require surgery? Prayers for you & yours.

Debbie Watters
May 5th, 2018, 01:32 PM
Sending prayers your way ...

TMP
May 5th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Sending prayers to you and your family and friends.

Cokie
May 5th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Cokie ~ May God strengthen you & help you through these days. It's hard when family is so far away at times like this. We lived here in CO when my dad was in failing health. I think some folks wondered why I didn't come visit during his final days. I just could not leave my DH, plus I still had kids at home. I didn't go until the Lord took him Home & I attended his funeral. DH was too ill to attend either his mother's or his sister's funerals in another state. We don't like it, but the reality is we have to deal with life like it is, not how we wish it were. I hope your dad will be ok. It's good they sought medical treatment after his fall. I hope the brain bleed isn't too bad. Did he require surgery? Prayers for you & yours.

Thanks, Joy - it's hard wishing to be in two places at once, feeling like I'm needed in both. No surgery - according to my brother, they are keeping him for observation due to the fact that he's on blood thinners. He said he'll keep me updated. But you are so right that we have to deal with life like it is, not how we wish it was. That's a good way to put it!

LLLinda
May 5th, 2018, 04:00 PM
Cokie, what an ordeal you are living in. It is a ****ed if you do and ****ed if you don't kind of thing isn't it? I think you are handling it the right way. Faith and love will see you through.

Sandy Navas
May 5th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Sending up prayers and adding to my list.
Got you covered!

Cokie
May 5th, 2018, 08:25 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. Talked to my brother a little while ago - things don't look good. Dad has become unresponsive and the neurosurgeon said he has several places that are bleeding. Surgery is not an option at this point due to the blood thinners. He hasn't told Mom yet. He told me not to come out now because there is nothing I can do right now. I called my Mom and talked to her for a while. I think she has an idea what's going on but she's holding out hope. My sisters-in-law have been with her today. She said that she's really sad but she's doing OK.

cv quilter
May 5th, 2018, 08:37 PM
Thinking of you and ALL of your loved ones. We have been in this situation and there is nothing easy about it. Bless you!

Tracie T
May 5th, 2018, 09:11 PM
My word! I'll definitely add you to my prayer list. I'm so sorry.

Monique
May 6th, 2018, 06:41 AM
I shall add some prayers too.

Anitamae56
May 6th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Sending prayers.

geegeequilts
May 6th, 2018, 01:55 PM
Sending more prayers to you & your family. I know you want to be there but you are...in your heart. Your Mom knows this. You have to concentrate on what you CAN do. And take care of yourself too.

We will be here for you.

Gina

Ginny B
May 6th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Cokie, so sorry to hear about your dad and all the other things you've been dealing with. A rough week for sure. Prayers sent upward.

Cokie
May 7th, 2018, 02:21 AM
Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. My dad is not doing well. His breathing is labored, he is unresponsive but is in pain, and the decision has been made to discontinue any further treatment, just to keep him comfortable. I know he would not want to live this way and we don't want to see him continue to suffer. Neither of my parents want any kind of memorial service or calling hours, and they both want to be cremated. So after DH's appointments at Cleveland Clinic on Wednesday, we'll make a decision about if/when to go home. Thank you for lifting us up in prayer and for your encouragement!

MaryUK
May 7th, 2018, 04:28 AM
I am so sorry to hear your news, such a sad and difficult time for you all. We were in a similar situation with FIL last October, although the difference was that we only lived a couple of miles away. My heart goes out to you all at this time.

Simply Quilting
May 7th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Lifting up prayers.