• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

It is a Thursday kind of day

Happy-Monday-Funny-Image-Whenever-I-Have-A-Problem-I-Sing.jpg

Yup can't carry a tune in a bucket, hahaha or so I have been told.

Went for my walk yesterday morning and then raked until I couldn't rake any more. Went to visit with Bonnie a while. New update: No surgery, will have chemo first. Doctor is keeping her in at least until next week. She doesn't know when chemo will start. Keep the prayers coming please. I bought her two packages of quilt blocks to embroider for her birthday, so yesterday I suggested maybe for a change she could embroider. So I went out and bought her floss and some needles, the rest I picked up at her place. Not sure if today is another visit day or not. We shall see.

I just wasn't in the mood to do anything in the sewing room yesterday. I REALLY need to get some quilts sandwiched. I will see if my mojo is working today.

So as far as I know, I will be able to hit the fabric sale in Ottawa on Saturday. I hope to meet SuzannefromOrleans there.

Today is my #1 Son's birthday. Hard to believe, 34 years ago and I remember clearly that night.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: It is a Thursday kind of day

Last edited by Star lover; March 13, 2022, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• songbird857
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2014

Good Morning Monique, and everyone else!
      Monique, I'm sure Bonnie will appreciate the distraction. Cancer is a horrible thing - seems like I know more and more people who have had it, and have it now.
      Speaking of sewing mojo... I have been getting back in the sewing room a bit more, so that is nice. Things have been busy around here, and don't show any signs of slowing down
      I had kind of lost my workout mojo for a few months around the wedding ( I was lifting weights pretty consistently). So, I decided a change of pace would be good for a bit - I've been swimming laps three days a week - boy, I forgot how much I love swimming! I figured that doing ANYTHING consistently was better than not doing anything...
      My daughter and hubby are doing well (has it really been almost 6 months since they got married????). They just moved from their first (furnished, temporary) apartment, to a more permanent apartment that is closer to everything for them. My DD said it only took 4 minutes to get to church last night It's a good move for them.
      Today will be laundry, some cleaning, and maybe more sewing; I need new curtains for my kitchen, especially since I destroyed the mini blind over my sink yesterday I'm going to peruse my patterns and see what I have for fabric!
      I hope everyone has a great day today - hugs.

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Raining here, too. It rained yest. a.m., but had quit by the time I came out of Bible study. Then it started again in the eve.; we had steady rain all eve. Now it's raining steadily again this a.m. Wish I could have got the fertilizer spread before the rain. It's only 45 deg. this a.m. It's snowing in the mts.

Our BSF luncheon was good yest. Everyone brought ingred. for tacos or taco salad. I think most of us made a salad plate. Conversation was good & at times entertaining. Lots of good laughs. The hostess had a boxer dog who was overly friendly. She put her in the garage. Also had a long haired cat that was just ready to jump up on the food counter, then did jump up on the table, which had to be cleaned again. The cat got put out in the garage, too. She said her husb. is the lenient one who lets the cat jump up on the counter. That did not set well with this nurse mentality. We agreed to keep in touch through the summer by e-m & share prayer requests as they come up. In Aug. we'll get together again for lunch before the new BSF study begins in Sept. when we'll no doubt be in different discussion groups.

This a.m. I have another dental appt. This one involves removal of amalgam (mercury), so he uses that rubber dam, etc. It's a 90 min. appt. I hope I won't need another crown. I'm thankful my hay fever is a little better. I started a steroid nasal spray a couple days ago. At least my eyes didn't water all day yest. & I could breathe through my nose. All the rain has helped lay down the pollen. After the dentist, I'll swing by the groc. store on the way home.

No more time now. Have a good day.

Comment

• Carolnnc
          The Guild President
          • Oct 2015

Good morning everyone. We've gone from the 60's to the mid 80's in just a week. It's supposed to be 87 today & tomorrow so hello air conditioning!

Yesterday I pulled a load of things out of the garage for Goodwill to pick up. While I was waiting I cleaned out the flower bed by the front porch. It got to hot so I came in, moved the chest of drawers & started laundry. I still have the last load of laundry to finish up this morning. Aches & pains but it feels good after having a very lazy winter.

Today someone will come by to get my treadmill. I have loved walking & running on it for years but now it hurts my neck & sciatic nerve. I will now have to take my walks in the neighborhood nearby so I don't have pain. After the treadmill is gone I'll be able to clean the carpet in that bedroom & then tomorrow the closet gets a good clean out.

I purchased three tomato plants that are called patio container plants & I am interested in seeing how that goes. We were growing tomatoes in 5 gallon buckets but that hasn't gone well the last 3 years. The only things I can get to grow consistently are squash & cucumbers. They get the one small sunny spot in the yard & grow like crazy. Looking forward to moving where we'll have a garden space.

Keeping Bonnie in my prayers.

Hope everyone has a great day!
          :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

• Bubby
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

Good Morning....Joy, good luck with your dental appointment today. The dental dam thing really bothers me but you don't want to swallow the mercury. It will soon be over with.

We had quite a storm early this morning with lots of lightning and thunder. We were under a tornado warning but the worst of everything passed us up this time.

One more sleep and we get the Little Girls tomorrow afternoon. I would know more about what to expect if they were Scotties. I follow a Westie page on FB and they have been giving me tips. My biggest concern is Dottie and her wellbeing. I think she will rise to the occasion in time.

I'm in love with the quilt on the cover of the new BLOCK magazine. LOVE the fabric line (Roaring Twenties) so I indulged in a layer cake and some yardage for borders. The prints are wild but I love the energy of all of them together.

That's all I have for now. Monique, I'm still praying for Bonnie.

Have a good day, Friends.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• MissMay
              The Guild President
              • Jul 2017

Don't know when you gals learned you couldn't carry a tune, I learned that at the tender age of 7 or 8. My class was rehearsing the song we would be singing during our assembly presentation, teacher asked us all to sign out loud and I literally screamed out the words. Teacher asked me to just mouth the words. Boo Hoo.

House feels so cool and sweet from the soft breeze coming in the windows, at last some Spring weather. I feel like just relaxing with a book and letting the day roll on. DS#1 coming for dinner tonight so I really can't do that for too long, need to chop some veggies and pop them into the oven with some chicken and sauce.

THROWBACK THURSDAY -- Adding a photo from the mid 1950's, the Brooklyn Paramount's Allan Freed's Rock n Roll show, we were rocking the night away.
              BKLYN PARAMONT.jpg
              Last edited by MissMay; May 3, 2018, 06:46 AM.
              MissMay AKA May in Jersey

Comment

• Mischiefkat1
                Prairie Pointer
                • Mar 2018

Good Morning all,
                It is cool and sunny this am but, temps will be toward the 90's later today. I've been busy going through sewing stuff too. I have lost my little needle threader, so while I'm looking for it,I've been cleaning up and out. I can actually walk in the sewing room. Found a crib quilt all sandwiched that I will send to Terry.
                I would love to have fresh tomatoes all summer. No matter what I put in containers the minute the plant starts growing , the stink bugs come. So that's the end of the plant. I buy Canadian tomatoes in the store. They taste the best.
                My Confederate Jasmine is in bloom. Smells wonderful
                Everyone have a great day. Hugs and prayers for all who need them. Kathy
                Well, I better get going and get things done

Comment

• JulieC
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2016

Good Morning, Everyone!

I woke to rain this morning; it has cleared out for now. The weather says showers off and on throughout the day.

I have my last follow-up appointment with the orthopedist later this morning. My knee is doing much better, still a little stiff, but no more pain. I wanted to cancel the appointment, but my sister is superstitious and said if I did that, I'd probably injure my knee again!

I picked a landscaper for Mom's backyard, but with her Alzheimer's, I'm worried about how she will react when they come to take the trees down. I don't want her to have a meltdown, but the yard really needs to be taken care of. I still feel guilty about cutting down Dad's magnolias; the first one is in bloom right now and is just gorgeous! Too bad it is in the middle of yard and would be difficult to mow around if we keep it.

Next I need to pick a roofer. I've had three out to Mom's house, but the third one threw me for a loop. He said the slope of Mom's roof is too shallow for a regular asphalt shingle, we'd do better with a rubber roof. I remember hearing that once before. I need to follow up with him and ask more questions. I did some research, and one source said the rubber roofs make the house harder to heat and cool, which would not be good. On the other hand, her current roof is <10 years old, has 30 year shingles, rotted wood and leaks. Decisions, decisions!

I have made good progress on my Stairway to Cat Heaven quilt; I have almost all the patchwork blocks completed. I decided to add a couple of extra rows, which will use more of jelly roll I bought. I'm crossing my fingers I have enough for the sky. I think I should have ordered 2 yards instead of 1.5.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday!

Comment

• geegeequilts
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2015

Good morning/afternoon to all!

I'm working on my 1st string quilt in many years. Slow going cos I'm trying to keep to a general scrappy of browns, creams, etc. Have plenty cut but slow going. I "gave" one of my sewing machines (Brother CS6000) to my daughter's MIL to quilt on. It's a fairly simple machine (for me) and a good beginner machine. Sonia knows a little sewing but wants to be way more experienced now. My SIL, Alex, had to go to his garage for a minor meltdown due to Mom trying to do more than she knows how. Says he's only giving her 2 strikes instead of 3 & then he's bringing the machine back to me. I've dealt with her on recovering DD's dining chairs. I see my little machine coming back to me with its innards jammed. LOL!

Monique, please tell Bonnie we are all praying for her. I know how chemo can wipe away any energy so maybe she can do some sewing.

Take care everyone. Weather will change sometime so do what you can indoors or out.

Gina

Comment

• KPH
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2015

Well, it's afternoon and this day has been a blur. DS#1 brought the kids this morning. Nana is attending a brunch of one of her clients this morning. I do hope she had a good time. So the kids arrived at 7am (I hadn't had enough coffee). So they had to have breakfast. 9:30 they had to have snack, 11:30 lunch. At 1, Nandy came to pick up the younger two so J could do his home school work. By the time that was done, I was too! I don't know how the two great grandparents do it with all three every day! I feel like I've done nothing but cook and clean up the kitchen all day!

My plans to work on Mike's quilt are on hold until I can get rested up! My MIL has a friend that wants a quilt, so I think shopping for fabric on line is a good way to spend the afternoon until Mike gets home, then Mom is popping for someone else to do the cooking and cleaning up this evening!

Lifting prayers for those in need- for healing, strength and wisdom. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings!
                      Katrina
                      From NC, retired in FL
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                      X