PDA

View Full Version : Holy shamoly it's Wednesday!!

Monique
May 2nd, 2018, 07:33 AM

Really, it's Wednesday? I had a busy day yesterday. It started with good intentions. I figured I would start using the exercise bike daily. WELL that didn't go so well. It hurts my knee too bad. The exercise bike will go out for FREE!! So I decided to go for a walk instead. That worked so much better. A load of laundry was done, some raking as well. I think I got my exercise in for the day. Tried to take a nap but that didn't work out.

Went to visit with Bonnie. She got some encouraging news. After the ct scan, which is clear, the doctor feels he can now do the surgery he was supposed to do last week. It may be as early as Friday. We are both hoping that it will proceed while she is still a patient. She thanks everyone for your prayers and believes this has brought about the 'good' news. Keep them coming, she tells me. She might find out today what the decision is. He was going to consult with the oncologist as well.

I have a few quilts that need to be sandwiched. I have been procrastinating on that. Me bad!! I might try and do that today, and that is a big maybe.

So that's it for me today. Wishing you all a wonderful day filled with sunshine.

Star lover
May 2nd, 2018, 07:39 AM
Good Morning Monique.......and EVERYONE!

Oh my....Humphrey gave me a good chuckle....

So thankful for Bonnie's news. I'll keep praying!

Never made it to my sewing room yesterday......80's outside, so I spent a chunk of time out there. Washed the truck......oh.....she's purdy........I think I saw her smile as I put her back to bed.... but my knees and shoulders are very unhappy this am.

Thinking about running the lawnmower over the lawn. Not really long, but shaggy and we're to get several days of rain and then it will be long! But my knees and shoulder are protesting, so I'll wait and see.

Hope everyone has a glorious day! Hugs to all!

Monique
May 2nd, 2018, 07:50 AM
Good Morning Monique.......and EVERYONE!

Oh my....Humphrey gave me a good chuckle....

So thankful for Bonnie's news. I'll keep praying!

Never made it to my sewing room yesterday......80's outside, so I spent a chunk of time out there. Washed the truck......oh.....she's purdy........I think I saw her smile as I put her back to bed.... but my knees and shoulders are very unhappy this am.

Thinking about running the lawnmower over the lawn. Not really long, but shaggy and we're to get several days of rain and then it will be long! But my knees and shoulder are protesting, so I'll wait and see.

Hope everyone has a glorious day! Hugs to all!

Take it easy Anita.

Blondie
May 2nd, 2018, 08:36 AM

Happy Wednesday, Folksies!

Monique, it is wonderful news about Bonnie. Very encouraging. Prayers continue.

Monday was a girls day out for Sis, Mom and I. Sis had an appt in a neighboring town for an eye exam for herself. She knew she needed glasses for quite some time - Being the bossy big sister I made her an appt and told her happy birthday! (her birthday was on Sunday). The three of us shopped the thrifts in that town - found nothing, which was good for our wallets. Had lunch at one of those cafeteria style restaurants and quite frankly, n'ar one of us shut our mouths except to chew. Isn't it funny how we can never run out of things to talk about?

One of my very dearest and oldest friends in town has been having to care for her husband since last Sept. He has a plethora of physical ailments and is now bedfast. He is NOT a good patient. My hubs has been going over at least once a week to sit with him so she can get a breather. I help out when I can - my time is a little more limited, but I give a few hours. That is why I can say he is not a good patient. Dementia has set in - oh my dears, it is a sad thing to watch as many of you already know. I know from my own personal family experience and other friends as well. Still and all, my sweet friend has the heart of golden angel. One of her adult children has recently moved in with his children to help with some of the load. We are planning a get together with one other mutual friend. Just an afternoon - but she needs to get away besides just the grocery store or dr's office. I am convinced to never fully retire. It all seems to start with that.

It looks to be a beautiful day outside. Ready to run down The Hill with a big mug of coffee to attend Mom's morning drops. I intend to make a few more blocks before I head to the grocers.

Smile! It really does feel good and makes others feel good as well.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 2nd, 2018, 09:11 AM
Good morning ladies,

Where did April go? No point in looking back, just keep on moving, or mowing.

Monique, I am glad that Bonnie got some good news. I know it's not easy to see a dear friend go through this. You are doing the right thing and being there for her.

Yesterday I went to my friend Pam's house to look at the quilt that I will be quilting tomorrow on the long arm. I am glad I did. Pam's daughter had been using the top only on her bed while at University doing her masters. Part of the quilt had navy fabric which faded from the sun, so Pam replaced the parts with cotton sateen (sheet?). It is a beautiful stack and whack from Peacock fabric. Unfortunately, her daughter washed it, so it weakened a lot of the seams. So while pressing it, I would put a safety pin to mark repair spot. Then I pressed the backing. We also checked the width of the batting she purchased and it's not big enough, so we would have to piece it. She didn't seem to like that idea, so I called the store and she has the correct width and in black. This will be much better as the quilt is very dark, so there will be less batting migration.

Pam is determined to come with me, even if just to sit and watch. If she feels too weak, her DH is on call to come pick her up. Pam is just out of hospital and not very strong. She is in end of stage liver disease. She was a nurse and was infected with Hep C, prior to blood testing in Canada. I just want to help her finish this wuilt for her daughter. She will start another's all quilt for herself. I think she wants this, in the event she is in hospital again. She has shown me fabric for projects that she wants to do. I think I am going to plan a sew day with friends at my place. That could be fun. She then insisted on taking me out to lunch at this gem of a store/reataurant. It is all En Provence items, specialty foods, and the owners are from France. No messing with that accent. We both had crepes, mine with turkey and she had the ham and Gruyere. Yummy.

When I got home I sandwiched a quilt I made last year. Slowly I will get these done. It is the friendship braid, so I will do simple SID and maybe something fancier in the border and sashing.

Today I am going to help my daughter as we volunteer for a large kids clothing, items sale this weekend. For all the hours volunteered, you get to shop ahead of sale and you get a larger cut of the items that you have on consignment. Last time, she got 75% of her sales and bought all the kids next season clothes. There are also a lot of new items as some stores liquidate this way.
Tonight, getting an estimate for a railing on the back patio door. It has 3-4 steps and not safe for DH and grandkids. There never was one there.
This reminds me to go pick up mom's laundry this morning and make another drop of items for their sale.

How did I do this all when I was working? I am glad to be retired, or as DH says REally-TIRED.

Have a good day everyone. Off to fill my cup .

JCY
May 2nd, 2018, 09:12 AM
Good Morning ~ I have only a brief min. Time to fix DH's breakfast & Bible Study Fellowship is this a.m. I have to mix up my salad; our discussion group is having a fellowship lunch afterwards.

I did make it to the sewing room yest. Put together a FQ practice sandwich. Got the table runner backing pieced & then everything sandwiched. It's ready to be quilted. I want to try that elongated swirl of Angela Walters on this one. I need to practice it first.

No more time now. Have a great hump day.

Bubby
May 2nd, 2018, 10:00 AM
Good Morning....I'm getting off to a slow start today. Just two more sleeps until we get the pups and I still have a few things to do to get ready for them. Yesterday I got them a gravity-feed water dish. I need to go through Olive's toys and see which ones would be good for the pups. Olive loved soft squeaky little toys. Dottie is into ropes and hoses, so none of her toys should be tampered with, but you never know.

We planted a few flowers when Jeff got home from work yesterday. The wind felt like it was blowing 30 mph...miserable. The oak pollen is beginning to fall and by the time my DD gets here everything will be cloaked in that lovely yellow-green stuff. Our allergies are running wild right now, too. We are supposed to get some strong storms tomorrow so we will try to plant a few more flowers this evening.

There is nothing going on in my sewing room. So far this year I have created three UFOs and little else.

Monique, so glad to hear that Bonnie got some good news. I will continue praying for her.

Wishing everyone a grand day!!

grammaterry
May 2nd, 2018, 10:03 AM
Took the truck to look at the brakes yesterday. Seems the ABS is embedded in the hubs and the top part has rusted and .... here's the cincher...they don't make that part as a replacement. The only way to get one is to find a salvage truck and hope their ABS is still good. In the mean time...he removed the fuse and disconnected the abs . So, I now how old school brakes. Oh yes, and if they find the part it will cost about $1000 to fix it.
Dropped off 12 quilts at a a consignment shop to see if they will sell for mothers day. Might be a good place. Speaking of Mothers day, I ordered from FTD for my mom and when I got to checkout on my $29 purchase it was $57. Shipping and handling costs were outrageous but ...she's my mom.

KPH
May 2nd, 2018, 10:06 AM
Happy Wednesday! It's family dinner night. I got up and got busy first thing this morning. I mixed up a meat loaf and it's already baked. While the oven was hot, I pulled out one tube of Oatmeal Scotchie dough from the freezer and got them baked. The house smells good! The dishwasher is running so the kitchen is just about cleaned up and it isn't even 9. Now if I don't do anything else, I'll still feel like I accomplished something! But I know there's more to come, there's a trip to the UPS store to have 2 packages shipped.

I need to start a grocery list, there are some things that aren't regular items... like large black garbage bags and the large 2 gallon ziplock bags that I need to get and I won't think about them when we're walking down the aisles.

DIL played delivery service yesterday again. She was taking dinner to the family where the mom to be was put on bedrest. I didn't know they were going to do that, or I would have helped with the food, but I sent a little quilt instead. One less thing in my sewing room waiting to be delivered. The third of the baby quilts is going to be shipped to my MIL to get to my niece. Praying for both of these mom's to be that their pregnancies are smooth sailing from this point on and healthy happy babies are born into these loving families.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, and wisdom. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

jjkaiser
May 2nd, 2018, 10:11 AM
Had the day off yesterday and quilted just about all day, that was really nice. Plus if you are a hand quilter you can take your things outside and work in a patio chair. It was our first nice day, 10 days ago it was snowing! Temp got to about 77. I am almost done with that quilt. Now my head spins daily, I am in that what should I make next mode, such difficult decisions. My dd stopped over on her way to work and said she drove past Grandma's old house and it is for sale. My parents are both gone, my Dad was the last, and we sold the house in an estate sale about 10 years ago. So we went on zillow to see if there were any photos. Yay, there are about 30 but OMG every single room was changed, new doors, windows, flooring, appliances. They took down all the wallpaper and pulled out all the carpet, even painted the brick on the fireplace, gutted the bathrooms and took down 2 walls between kitchen, dining room and living room. It is a little strange seeing the house I grew up in be so completely transformed. Well I am at work now, being kind of naughty by being on the Forum here, so better get started on work stuff. Have a good day everyone!