PDA

View Full Version : Last of the Big-Time Night Owls @,@

kimsophia
May 2nd, 2018, 02:16 AM
Hoot hoot! Who's up! :D DH installed a 150 watt bulb on the back patio so I can see to garden at night. So I've actually been able to cut off last year's stalks and bag them up and bash clods to pieces in my little veggie garden area at 11 p.m. when it's not so hot and sunny. What's blooming with yooooou?

bubba
May 2nd, 2018, 03:35 AM
I'm just heading to bed, early for me. Day surgery for MM come morning!

LauraP
May 2nd, 2018, 03:39 AM
I'm up! I am trying to decide what patterns to use for a set of panel lap quilts. They are for a cousin who just got remarried. For him I have a picture of a waterfall, all green foresty. And for her large roses and butterflies. I think for hers I will do wide borders and make some flower baskets to wrap opposing corners and go a little ways up the sides. I guess I could do the same idea using flying geese for his. Maybe use a dark brown border? Decisions, decisions.
152166 152167

KPH
May 2nd, 2018, 10:17 AM
Those are going to be so pretty! I can't wait to see what you're going to do with them.

MaggieSue
May 2nd, 2018, 11:01 AM
Yes, I so agree with Katrina!!!

chelea
May 2nd, 2018, 12:49 PM
I used to garden at night, until...
I was planting some bulbs, stuck my hand in the soil and a huge beetle latched onto my finger! I screamed and shook and he didn't let go right away. EEK!
Never gardened at night again.

kimsophia
May 2nd, 2018, 01:26 PM
I used to garden at night, until...
I was planting some bulbs, stuck my hand in the soil and a huge beetle latched onto my finger! I screamed and shook and he didn't let go right away. EEK!
Never gardened at night again.

That reminds me of the day when I was out in spring and clearing off stalks and leaves and I reached down with my hand to grab some leaves and a little hand reached up out of the earth and brushed my fingers away! Dear Lord! I think I jumped six feet out of the garden! It was a toad, waking up in the spring out of the soil! D: AIIIIIIIi!!!!!!!!! :D

nativetexan
May 2nd, 2018, 06:59 PM
Oh being a girly girl, i love the floral panel best. I"m doing a quilt for my granddtr with panels on both sides.