PDA

View Full Version : hopefully it's the last.....

bubba
May 1st, 2018, 08:20 PM
Tomorrow morning MM has surgery to remove the port that was inserted prior to chemo starting 1.5 years ago. We saw the oncologist two weeks ago and he was very pleased with the outcome of the treatment MM received for his cancer.

Of all the people who have had the surgery he had (very extensive), only ten percent were found to have no remaining cancer after the chemo treatments. MM was one of those ten percent, which was good. I can remember the day in the hospital when we got that news....I was ecstatic, him, not so much. He felt that the surgery he had done was not necessary upon learning this and was very mad with what he has gone thru. One of the main things is the urostomy that he will have the remainder of his life. He hates that thing, and I fully understand. I, on the other hand, am ever thankful he had the surgery he did.

I had a friend who had the same type cancer. At the time he was diagnosed in 2010, his wife was battling breast cancer, so he had only the chemo treatment, no surgery. We knew that those not having the surgery had an 80% chance of it returning and killing them within seven years. My friend sadly died last September....he was younger than us, so in his mid 50's.

If you could think a good thought for MM come tomorrow morning, surgery is around 1000 and should be done in an hour. It's just a day surgery, so no hospital stay this time around.

KPH
May 1st, 2018, 08:43 PM
Lifting prayers of thanksgiving for all of the positive progress he's made, and for ease in tomorrows procedure.

BethB
May 1st, 2018, 08:55 PM
Good luck to him tomorrow. Glad he has made it through all this.

Nancy

SallyO'Sews
May 1st, 2018, 09:11 PM
Praying, dear one. I understand about feeling the surgery was unnecessary, but as my mom used to say, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

cv quilter
May 1st, 2018, 09:20 PM
I will ABSOLUTELY lift prayers. I do so hope that all goes well

Sharyn J
May 1st, 2018, 10:03 PM
Prayers for you both. I hope everything goes well.

JCY
May 1st, 2018, 10:43 PM
Such good news. Praying the surgery goes well.

Debbie Watters
May 2nd, 2018, 12:16 AM
Prayers for you ... hoping for a speedy recovery ...

Caroline T.
May 2nd, 2018, 01:36 AM
Praying daily for his continued improvement and no more set backs. And thanking the Good Lord for blessing him with such a loving and strong wife.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 2nd, 2018, 03:52 AM
He went through a LOT with the infections after surgery. Hopefully, he will live a long and cancer free life after all this is over. I am very happy for you guys that he is now has beat this horrible disease!

MaryUK
May 2nd, 2018, 05:31 AM
It's been a long and rocky road for you both, but he's fought it and won!! Prayers and best wishes for the surgery and his swift recovery.

Monique
May 2nd, 2018, 06:55 AM
Adding mine. Prayers that all will go smoothly today.

Star lover
May 2nd, 2018, 06:57 AM
So thankful he's doing so well and that this could be the last step in a long road.....for both of you. I'll be praying! Hugs to you both!

Bubby
May 2nd, 2018, 07:36 AM
Prayers being said for both of you. Rejoicing with you that things turned out this way!

MaggieSue
May 2nd, 2018, 08:51 AM
So happy for the positive outcome and prayers for this next surgery!

Iris Girl
May 2nd, 2018, 09:10 AM
Wonderful news! My thoughts will be with you both, as they have been.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 2nd, 2018, 09:18 AM
I will be thinking of you and sending prayers that all turns out good.

MissMay
May 2nd, 2018, 09:55 AM
Pray that God will continue watching over MM, you guys have been strong through all the ups and downs the past 1 1/2 years.

mommadeb
May 2nd, 2018, 02:10 PM
Good luck tomorrow and prayers.

geegeequilts
May 2nd, 2018, 03:30 PM
I'm proof positive that prayer works so don't let him get discouraged. Just keep telling him things will get better soon. Take good care of yourself as well. Will continue to send positive thoughts & prayers to you both.

Gina

bubba
May 2nd, 2018, 04:16 PM
He came thru just fine.......snoring as I type (at home in bed!).

The highlight of my morning was when a woman who was sitting with her back to me stood to leave when her 'patient' came out. She had been sitting there all that time and I had no clue she was a little person!! I would have been her new best friend had I known. For some reason, I've always had a strange connection to someone like that. Matter of fact, there was a family that lived near some friends of my parents and the entire family were little. How I wanted to grow up to be like that....

Oh, and he is not officially 'cancer free' for four more years.

Thanks for every ones thoughts today!

Star lover
May 2nd, 2018, 04:33 PM
So thankful y'all are home......even for the snoring......well, I'll keep praying that the next 4 years are totally cancer free!