PDA

View Full Version : May I rant?

SallyO'Sews
May 1st, 2018, 06:39 PM
Oy. Today I did something I have never done in fourteen years at my job: I actually went to my boss to complain about a co-worker. And now I feel like a 9-year-old who just tattled to the teacher. Ugh. I hate this feeling; but it was a case of "something has to be done." I know that ALL of my other co-workers are in agreement with me, but it's still an awful feeling.

Those of you who know how to pray, please do! I don't want to be stirring any pots, and to be truthful, I don't want any repercussions from this person, who has a well-deserved reputation for throwing others under the bus.

Okay, rant over. Inhale; exhale. So thankful for this safe place!! Carry on, quilty friends!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 1st, 2018, 06:49 PM
Just step aside, if she pushes you near the bus.

Sometimes, these things must be done. The silent must band and stand together.

Hulamoon
May 1st, 2018, 06:56 PM
I know the feeling. I actually got a pastry chef fired because he called one of the girls a c*nt to me. I went to the head chef and told him. It went to personal and the bake shop had a meeting. They complained about different things about him, but the true reason is what I started by telling my story and the crew didn't know that. He moved to a different island and I only worked there another few months. Way to stressful. If you had a good reason don't feel bad :)

KPH
May 1st, 2018, 07:00 PM
Lifting prayers. I hope peace will fill the rest of your day.

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I had to report a coworker for dishonest practices. I didn't think anything was being done, but come to find out there was something being done. She was just so sneaky they couldn't catch her. I'd been retired 6 years before they finally caught her in the act. Other measures were put in place to mitigate situation, but she was finally caught in the act and told to retire or be fired.

Don't let this person make you feel bad for reporting the situation. It's their behavior that needs to change.

JCY
May 1st, 2018, 10:49 PM
When DH still was working for a major corp., he saw a co-worker steal something. He told him if he didn't put the item back before the end of the shift, he would report him. He put it back, & the incident was not repeated. I hope your situation turns out ok.

Monique
May 2nd, 2018, 07:16 AM
Sometimes we have to do what we have to do.

Bubby
May 2nd, 2018, 07:33 AM
These things are always uncomfortable but I feel that you did the right thing. Peace be with you.

amartin24
May 2nd, 2018, 08:55 AM
I had to report a co-worker once a long time ago. It was just the two of us on a shift and she was making my job miserable. She had been sneaking drinks on the job. After I told, my boss found a bottle in her purse. Looking back, I'm not sure how he was able to do that as things are different today. I'm just glad he did and he fired her. Sometimes you have to bring these things to upper management, especially if it ultimately reflects on you or the company.

geegeequilts
May 2nd, 2018, 03:48 PM
With the way things are today it's hard to know what to do about some things. BUT, my thinking is if you see something say something or DO something. It's hard for me to keep quiet like I used to do earlier in my life. I have a new saying (for me): I've had breast cancer, had chemo & a mastectomy...so don't mess with me. Maybe with a little lol.

Gina