PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Monday and welcome Sunshine

Monique
April 30th, 2018, 08:31 AM

Good morning friends. It is a beautiful sunny day here this morning. Sunshine sure puts you in a better mood.

I have the day to myself, Les works today. I had a somewhat quiet weekend. Stayed in and finished up a baby quilt top. Early yesterday morning, Les wanted to go for a drive so off we went. It was a nice but very cool day. Went to an antique mall and Les bought a candlestick phone and a stereo system. WELL, the stereo system doesn't work well, the tape deck doesn't seem to work and the door to the cd won't open. SO, I will work at that today to see if I can fix it. It is also Bonnie's birthday so I will be off later to visit with her. She thinks she might get sprung tomorrow but we shall see. I will be staying with her for a couple of days while she recuperates.

Have a wonderful day filled with sunshine.

Star lover
April 30th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Morning Monique......and everyone!

Yup!!!! Sunshine here today too! Love it! It was nice Sunday and ......oh my.....there's a rumor that we'll get into the 70's this week......with rain, it 70! I just hope it happens; then maybe something will bloom, or bud....or something!

I'm thinking the car could use a little TLC......on the inside. We haven't turned the water on outside yet.....after all, it is Michigan. Blink, and it'll all change.

Enjoy your day Monique, give Bonnie a big birthday hug from us and tell her she's in our thoughts and prayers.

I too will soak up as much sunshine as I can get.......maybe it'll last a couple days.....
Love and hugs to all!

KPH
April 30th, 2018, 08:46 AM
Good Morning All,

I'm just guessing what's going on today. DS#1's truck needs to go to the shop. I'm supposed to keep the little kids? not sure. DS#2 is supposed to drive the truck to the shop for DIL. sigh... and the shop apparently won't use my NAPA discount... if they don't order the parts, they won't warranty the work. WHY? The NAPA store is right behind the shop. Neither son will let me go with them to the shop, so let them pay full price... it's their money not mine. (It's just stupid!)

I sliced fabric yesterday for DS#2's orange and black quilt. There's going to be a whole lot of 1/2 sq triangles made. I'll probably do them in sets enough for one quadrant at a time.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength and wisdom. Prayers for all of our many blessings.

MRoy
April 30th, 2018, 08:48 AM
The sun shines bright on my old KY home today. It's in the 30's right now, but I'm hoping I can put my ferns back out today and leave them without worrying about freezing temps. I finished the quilting on a donation quilt yesterday and will start making a gift baby quilt this afternoon. DH has an out-of town appt this morning, then the afternoon is free.

JCY
April 30th, 2018, 09:05 AM
Good Morning ~ Wow, the allergies -- my hay fever -- really has kicked in the past few days with all the flowering trees & pollen in the air. Of course, with the warm weather, I had the windows open as well as being outside moving the sprinkler. The nights are getting warm enough we probably could have the sprinkler system turned on soon.

Yest. a.m. was church. I stopped by Vitamin Cottage on the way home for more Kombucha. It's cheaper there than at Whole Foods. I found some nice beets at VC, so that was my afternoon project. They were huge! And cold, so it took almost 2 hrs. for the biggest ones to cook. In the eve. I prepped the celery & carrots for today's chicken soup project. It really saves me time if I do the vegs. the day before. So that's where I'll be all morning -- in the kitchen, making DH's chicken soup.

We had a gorgeous day yest. We had our first 90 deg. reading at our house -- the official temp., taken in another part of town is always a few deg. lower. Denver tied the old record at 83 deg.

No more time now.

shermur
April 30th, 2018, 09:34 AM
I would love to see the sun! It will be cloudy and raining all this week in my neck of the woods and it's 38 degrees here as of right now! I wish I hadn't taken the space heater up to the attic this past weekend!

I got some organizing down in my sewing room this past weekend and hope to finish up by the end of this week. Hubby's bday is tomorrow, I am helping youngest daughter get ready for prom and there is still the worry about the place we rent getting sold. My brain is so taxed and burdened with worry, in which my family says I do too much. I spent Saturday in worry and tears most of the day. And this morning is fighting a sinus headache.

I will have to finish cleaning as there is a showing on the house today....

Navy Wife
April 30th, 2018, 10:14 AM
The sun is finally out in east Tennessee! Yesterday was lovely, and it's bright and beautiful today. I have to get the house together, and go to the post office for stamps to mail DS's birthday card. The car has to be cleaned inside and out, and packed to leave for a retreat on Wednesday. But the first job is clean out Ellie's litter box! She is complaining because I let it go a couple of extra days!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 30th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Good morning ladies.

The doorbell rang at 9am, and woke us up. It was the utilities people coming to mark the lawn for hydro, water, gas. I sent the fence people an email to delay work until after school is out in June, or to put up a temporary fence.
It is sunny today with temps expected to go to 18c /68f today. It will climb to 80s on Wednesday, but it's an up an down yoyo. Yesterday was so cold, I could have used winter coat. My friend in the western of city said they had snow. I got all the xmas lights put away, and turned on the water for garage hose bib. Usually lights are put away earlier, but I had to remove most of them and climb ladder to remove from eaves. DH wrapped them up and I carried to bins (12 huge ones) downstairs. Glad that is over. I may need help getting out some of the outdoor furniture. Don't want DH lifting. I hope my son gets a day off this week. I have lots of things for him.

My gf has continued to declutterand I made 2 more trips to drop off. For a break yesterday, we went to a new decorator store and a new coffee shop. OMG. I had a flat white (2 shots espresso with half almond milk and half foam). It is the best coffee I have had in a long time. I will bring DH to test out. It may be worth the 20 minute drive.

Renovation estimates and contracts are getting finalized. Tonight the door guy comes back for final measure. Not much sewing, but I do have to go through items to sell at this Saturday's fabric sale. I won't have much, as a lady saw my post from last fall and came and bought out all my large pieces of clothing yardage. I have one bin less to bring. Yeah.

I hope the sun shines on everyone. Monique enjoy your birthday with Bonnie and send her my good wishes.

MSN
May 1st, 2018, 02:14 AM
My brain is so taxed and burdened with worry, in which my family says I do too much. I spent Saturday in worry and tears most of the day.

Remember this: Worry does not take the pain from tomorrow. It only takes the strength from today.

I wish I knew what wise person to attribute those words to. They help me put things in perspective when I am putting way too much energy into worrying.

MSN
May 1st, 2018, 02:18 AM
For a break yesterday, we went to a new decorator store and a new coffee shop. OMG. I had a flat white (2 shots espresso with half almond milk and half foam). It is the best coffee I have had in a long time. I will bring DH to test out. It may be worth the 20 minute drive.

I fell in love with flat whites while visiting New Zealand. Not impressed with the Starbucks version, though.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 1st, 2018, 05:51 AM
I fell in love with flat whites while visiting New Zealand. Not impressed with the Starbucks version, though.

I don't care for Starbucks. This was from a place called Figaro. It may be just one of, but oh so good that I may have to drive to get one.

MSN
May 1st, 2018, 08:33 AM
I don't care for Starbucks. This was from a place called Figaro. It may be just one of, but oh so good that I may have to drive to get one.

Glad that your local coffee shop knows how to do it right! It sounds as though it's worth the drive to get yourself a treat.

JCY
May 1st, 2018, 11:42 AM
I have never purchased coffee from any local coffee shop (or restaurant) because our city has fluoridated water, which I refuse to drink. I make my own coffee at home; we drink distilled water. We purchased a distiller before we even moved to this town 40 yrs. ago. My favorite coffee is French Vanilla decaf (which is hard to find these days!). I add a dollop of vanilla ice cream, my Stevia sweetener, & a few drops of vanilla. One cup a day is all I drink. When I eat out, I take my own bottle of distilled water from home.