PDA

View Full Version : Here is a fun test to take (not quilting)

Monique
April 29th, 2018, 08:03 AM
https://www.typingtest.com/

Have fun :)

Bubby
April 29th, 2018, 08:15 AM
My typing has really slowed down since I don't type text anymore.

Carlie Wolf
April 29th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Fun. I got 54 with no errors. Didn't have my coffee yet :-) I have slowed down but hey, I'll take it!

Astatoo
April 29th, 2018, 08:47 AM
This brought back nightmares! When in high school every time I went into typing class my teacher had put masking tape over my keys. He did not like it that I would look at my keys. It turned out I still watched my fingers, could type well enough to score high on the tests-got a B in the class-but I just needed to watch my fingers, tape or not. It really bugged him that he could not break me of the habit.

Carolyn
April 29th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Remembering the test line from high school typing class, All good men must come to the aid of their country. Surprised I could still remember it after this many years.

RockinLou
April 29th, 2018, 02:01 PM
I got 45 WPM - and I'm on a brand new keyboard for me, so that's not too shabby considering I've not taken a typing class since I was 8 years old! That was 30 years ago!

bubba
April 29th, 2018, 02:42 PM
55 on a laptop!

KarenC
April 29th, 2018, 04:22 PM
39 WPM after error adjustment. sad face

KPH
April 29th, 2018, 05:34 PM
36 after error adjustment. I probably would have done better if I'd looked at my fingers while I was typing.

grammaterry
April 29th, 2018, 09:05 PM
Wow, have I slowed down since my secretarial days some 40 years ago. I could type 120 wpm on an IBM selectric and 95 on a manual. Now, first try thru...65..hummm...is it the laptop?

bakermom
April 29th, 2018, 10:04 PM
my typing has not improved since H.S. when my typing teacher gently suggested I not sign up for another semester

Carlie Wolf
April 29th, 2018, 10:07 PM
OMG Carolyn now I remember that saying too LOL. I got my first secretarial job at 17 in NYC at the Time Life building. I did NOT do well in typing class. During the interview the boss asked why I didn't correct my spelling errors. I said Oh, I thought you wanted to know how many mistakes I made. He then said he had lost my statistical typing test. I said Oh thank God because it wasn't very good. He hired me, probably thought I was too young and naive to be out in the big City without some solid advice. He was the best boss I ever had.

Star lover
April 30th, 2018, 07:17 AM
Never took typing....never learned.....failed miserably.....so bad, not going to reveal score.....sigh.....it's hunt and peck for sure......

MissMay
April 30th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Guess I didn't do too well on the typing test for my first job as I was assigned to the accounting department. My high school manual typewriters had blank keys so we had to look at the big keyboard photo hung over the blackboard. Did OK in later years with IBM aselector and later with computer typewriters and thew computers, just love that spell check. Old hands can't do the job any longer so it's hunt and peck for me.

amartin24
April 30th, 2018, 10:47 AM
I got a 56 but 3 errors brought it down to 53. Not too shabby. Yes, thank God for those typing classes!