PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Spring Flowers in Colorado

JCY
April 28th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Since we live at almost a mile high elevation, our trees & flowers are much later than much of the rest of the Country. Flowering trees like our crabapple are peaking now. This one is in our back yard, as are the tulips & grape hyacinths. It's nice to have a touch of color.152120152121152122152123152124

Star lover
April 28th, 2018, 10:22 PM
Wow! Later than the rest of us?.......here, there are a few daffodils blooming......and that's it! Your flowers and trees are gorgeous. Gives me hope that spring will burst forth ........soon!

chelea
April 28th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Such beautiful flowers...you've got a green thumb. You're way ahead of us in MA...we've got forsythia, daffodils, the early azaleas and I just saw a magnolia today...still no tulips.

kimsophia
April 29th, 2018, 02:01 AM
Man, you are way ahead of Iowa!

Cokie
April 29th, 2018, 02:54 AM
Ahead of NE Ohio too! Love seeing the flowers in my home state.

Midge
April 29th, 2018, 07:48 AM
We are having such a cold spring that all we have are daffodils, Scilla and a few very early varieties of tulips. My shrubs are just little buds. No leafing out or blooms on the trees. So sick of how our spring is going! Last year I had plants in the ground and containers by the last week of April! This year the day lilies are just emerging and the only herb doing anything is the chives.

Bubby
April 29th, 2018, 08:32 AM
Beautiful flowers, Joy. You are ahead of us in Missouri, too. Our Bartlett Pear trees have blossomed and are now leafed out and I've seen a few forsythias and daffodils but that's it. The Dogwood trees aren't opening yet in our area. It won't be long if our warm weather continues. The garden shop at Lowe's was really busy yesterday.

Monique
April 29th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Nothing in bloom here YET!!

KPH
April 29th, 2018, 08:58 AM
Joy what a beautiful and joyful spring you're having. We discovered that the plants the previous owners were all still in their plastic pots. No wonder everything died.

I planted the nandinas that I raised from the seed pots from the plants my great grandmother gave to my mom. They're taking off. I since they've started really shooting up I need to get out there and spread them out a little more to give them room to grow. I'm tickled to have that little part of home with me.

The kids liked my idea of finding an old bike and using it as a wall decoration on the garage wall. I think it would be cool to hang it there with all kinds of succulents hanging out between the spokes of the wheels. That wall is mighty bare and boring.

There is no Equipping Hour (Sunday School) today, but there is lunch after church. I baked brownies after I found out we'd be staying.

DIL took the baby quilt to the shower yesterday. She signed up to take a salad but wasn't planning on staying since she worked Friday night and had to work again last night. I'm glad it got there!

My 'son' from another mother started a new job. He was so excited when he called Wednesday. He had doubly good news. A job where he will be making more than minimum wage, and his Dr. in CT has developed a treatment for the liver disease that has plagued him all of his life. The treatment is up for FDA approval for human trials now. Jerrod is on the short list for giving it a go. Wouldn't it be a miracle for him to be corn starch feedings every three hours!

Prayers of thanksgivings for all of the blessings bestowed. Prayers for those in need, for healing, strength and understanding.

grammaterry
April 29th, 2018, 10:15 AM
I'll pray for that liver miracle.
Joy, The flowers are fabulous. Are the variety flowers the columbine? We are anxiously awaiting more than the forsythia, daffodil and tulip. Oh, I forgot, we have dandelions...lots and lots of dandelions. I dreamt last night about those little pis ants that come in the spring. Haven't seen them yet either.

Carolyn
April 29th, 2018, 01:32 PM
Red buds are everywhere here.

mommadeb
April 29th, 2018, 06:09 PM
Those are beautiful!!

JCY
April 29th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Red buds don't do well in this climate, but there are a few around town. We used to have 2 of them. The bees absolutely loved them! However, they both died. Columbine is the state flower. I have a few in my yard, but it's too early for them. Yes, Terry, lots of dandelions here, too. The recent speaker we had at our sr. fellowship / lunch told about how bees love dandelions & urged us not to spray them. I was just out in the front yard & picked a few that were ready to go to seed all over the place.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 29th, 2018, 11:07 PM
Ahh. There is hope. Nothing except daffodil leaves.

sewluvit
April 30th, 2018, 02:21 AM
And a way way ahead of Saskatchewan. Nothing blooming here. Not even leaves on the trees yet!