PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Morning Hellos

JCY
April 28th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ What a gorgeous day we had yest. The high was 82. It was nice to have the windows open & air out the house. The weather this week end is supposed to be great. I plan to run to the groc. store this a.m. before it gets too busy. I have a much needed massage scheduled for 12:45. My neck & back really need to be worked over. I've had the same therapist for many years, so she knows all my usual areas that are tight.

I did more piecing on my quilt project yest. afternoon. Just as I was quitting for the day, I saw a mistake, so I'll have to do some ripping out & insert a section. Sigh. Oh well, it shouldn't take long. I decided to make this one into a table runner for the coffee table. I need just a little bit more to make it 60" long.

We got a note from a long time friend in WI yest. Her husb. passed away last mo. He was 86. They used to live in Colo. I called her & have a sympathy card ready to mail. No more time this a.m. I hope everyone is having a good week end.

MaryUK
April 28th, 2018, 09:24 AM
It's afternoon here in the UK! I've been earning brownie points with DH this morning, did a pile of ironing and planted out some plants into lots and the garden, had them a week or more but we've had a lot of rain so not been able to do it until today, then made lunch. DH has justed asked me what are my plans for the afternoon, "after all you've been busy this morning, are you going into your sewing room?" Yayyyy no guilt, brownie points accquired so off I go.

Best wishes and hugs for those in need. Hope you all have a good day.

Ginny B
April 28th, 2018, 09:50 AM
Good morning everyone. It's foggy here this morning. It's going to be a busy day leading into relaxing time. We need to run some errands this morning then get the bedroom back in order. The windows and new door are in. Yippee. Then we will pack for our trip to CT. We will leave right after our grandsons birthday party tomorrow. I'm looking forward to some time away. I wish I had some hand Quilting ready to take with me but alas I don't. Maybe a hexi project or some knitting will make it into the car.

Time to move along here. Have a great day all.

KPH
April 28th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Good Morning All,

Yeah for Brownie points! If only there were guilt free brownies to go with them! Hmmm, there might be a box of brownie mix in the pantry.

I worked off and on in the garage yesterday. All of the boxes with nails, connectors, and screws have been taken care of. Mike was surprised when he came home... There's a floor! lol, like they didn't leave that mess! Well, one things for sure, they'd better make sure they clean it up when they drag stuff out now! The next big job is the tool box... DH has one that I can barely see in the top of. So there are drawers and drawers. Where the kids have dug through, the stuff is so disorganized that some of those drawers won't shut! This is going to be another big job! I still haven't dealt with the chemical stuff- bug sprays, a bag of weed and feed that's over a year old (how long does that stuff last?), spray paint cans, etc. I'm going to call the city Monday and see what I can have done with them. I know they have special recycling days where they take paint, etc. I just don't know when or where those are.

The truck I gave DS#1 is still having air conditioning problems. It's going in the shop on Monday. I hate it, because it would have been our issue if DH was still living, but I can't take that guilt on. It's part of owning a vehicle.

DS#2 is really busy at Toys R Us. They're having a employee appreciation event this weekend. I think it's nice with everything that's going on. Those employees that are sticking it out are really working hard for the customers. He's assembling at least 5+ bikes a day. He said the baby side is getting trucks in every day now and he doesn't like assembling baby furniture at all! lol, go figure!

Well, I better get started doing something. The fabric for DS#2's quilt is sitting on my ironing board waiting to be pressed to be cut. I'm just not motivated to do a big job right now.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, and understanding. Prayers for all of our many blessings!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 28th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Good morning ladies,
It's been raining lots and the forecast is the same for next few days. I don't mond, as the grass needs water and it will wash away winter mould and dirt.

I ran a few errands yest and another drop off of carload full for mom's residence sale. IT has cleared some areas, but it is crazy the amount of 'things' we have. Gifts never used, stuff from other people's decluttering. I am Not going on any kind of buying spree, unless for food and absolutely necessary. Caveat - this excludes anything for quilts.

Tonight we are out for dinner with DD and family. My step-son is in Vancouver, BC for work. Then back next Tuesday for a week, then leaves for Germany for work. He really enjoys his new position. I'm not sure if his wife is so thrilled right now, since she is pregnant and looking after the girls. I guess it's even - she went to Spain this year on a school trip and he was at home with the girls. It brings back memories of when I travelled for work while the kids were young. As they got older, everyone would tag along as I usually had a large room or suite. I miss travelling but we have to get our act together and just do it again. DH also travelled a lot over long periods for work, so I think we were kind of burnt out from that after we retired.

Today I will sort through sewing room and finish sandwiching a quilt I made last year. Let's see how far I get.

Have a good day.

grammaterry
April 28th, 2018, 10:11 AM
DH got the door for the remodeled room yesterday. He got home about 6pm and of course, had to put it in. We wrestled it until midnight. Its in. He went to this big warehouse that claimed 6000 doors and I had been there the day before. He chose the same door I was looking at. They said the doors were all new just discontinued. When we got it in, it had been sprung. He had a lot of repairing to do to the hinge to fix it. He was cursing discount stores when we finished. It was soooooo heavy. My back is aching. I can't imagine how he will feel when he gets up. I know he does most of the lifting.
I cleaned the oven and top of the stove yesterday. I don't know how they get so out of hand . I wipe up every day but somethings just build up.
I did sew a little yesterday afternoon and got Gloriana's donation finished. I sandwiched Old Sewers donated quilt top and might get up to the room later. I know DH is going to need some help after he gets the last two joists in. I can help nail in the sub floor. Then we will have to get sheet rock...yuk...and then lay the hardwoods. We got some engineered hardwood floor that we have used before that is pretty easy to put down.
Suppose to be sunny and warm today. Dog wood tree out the window has little tiny buds on it and I bet it will burst out today.

shermur
April 28th, 2018, 11:18 AM
Melancholy morning here in Vermont. The temperatures are now starting to be in the consistent 50s...wow heat wave!

Recently the landlord has changed realty company for the 1/2 house we rent (the house was divided into two living spaces/4 stories total/1700 sq ft each). The agent has cancelled three showings and is trying to get one squeezed in for next Monday. The agent first thought he didn't need to give us or the other tenant any notice; just be able to pop in whenever he wanted to. Well, both tenants have pets. We demanded at least 48 hours notice and he did concede. But, the sinking feeling that should the house sell? what will that do to our living situation? Where will we go if we will not have this option of a roof over our heads? So much uncertainty right now.....

JulieC
April 28th, 2018, 02:48 PM
It's cold and wet in Northeast Ohio today...but next week we might have three days at or near 80 degrees, which will be wonderful! I went to the doctor Thursday, and discovered that the cold/flu I thought I had was actually bronchitis. He gave me a breathing treatment, and I came home with three prescriptions -- inhaler, anti-biotic and cough suppressant. I feel so much better. I don't usually go to the doctor for this type of thing...but I'm glad I did.

Sad news at work yesterday -- one of my co-workers has a serious health issue and will be going out on leave very soon. We had a meeting to discuss how her job duties will be divvied up in her absence. I give her a lot of credit. If I were in her position, I don't know if I would have wanted to be in that meeting. She is one of the nicest people you could meet and will be greatly missed. The prognosis is not good, so if you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for her, it would be much appreciated.

I started a quilt today that will be donated to charity in her honor... It's based on a McCall's quilt pattern from 1997, called Stairway to Cat Heaven. Yes, she loves cats. The Monet jelly roll I bought from M* came yesterday, plus yardage for the background. I still need to buy yardage to make the cats. The original quilt was dark (link to it here: http://web.archive.org/web/20070302220618/http://mccallsquilting.com:80/golden/mg01_pattern/index.html), with the cats out a night; I'm going to have the cats out during the day. I have three blocks made, and hope to work on more this afternoon.

I need to call a couple of yard guys to get estimates to mow Mom's yard. I only have one so far, and they want $45 a mow because the gate to Mom's backyard is small and they can't fit their big lawnmower through there. I guess it costs more if they have to use a smaller mower. That seems high to me. I also have to see if my lawnmower works. It died on me at the end of leaf season last year, and it might be time for a new one. My knee is much improved, so I should be able to take care of my yard myself.

Wishing everyone health and a happy weekend!

CraftyJnet
April 28th, 2018, 03:10 PM
Sherri, I'm sorry you have this hanging over your head. Uncertainty is hard to deal with but especially hard when it's about your home.

LauraP
April 28th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Julie, I think that is a great idea. Please let us see pictures. I was even thinking of a reversible lap quilt with day on one side and night on the other. Put it on my list.