PDA

View Full Version : Three Musketeers are back in action- in our house anyway

RockinLou
April 28th, 2018, 01:14 AM
My husband flew back to the US this morning to work more towards settling his mother's estate and take care of medical appointment/prescription refills for himself. So, the kids and I are together here in Kazakhstan for 10 days. Thankfully only 3 of those days are school days, so we'll get lots of down time and relaxing time, and I'll be able to guiltlessly sew every single night, not worrying once about spending enough time with my husband :0

I'm only a few hours in right now, but I'm sure by the time he comes back we'll all be ready for him for a variety of reasons!! Thankfully at a few weeks shy of 7 and 9 1/2 years old, they really are pretty helpful and easy-going kids. The weather is nice so they will play outside a lot. They lied to us about homework last week so we need to get through the first few days without iPad time, but as they only get 20 minutes a day anyway, I don't think that will be too hard...

I have some fun crafts planned too, so we'll see how it goes!! Wish us luck, health, and patience with each other!

jjkaiser
April 28th, 2018, 01:38 AM
Kind of a mini vacation! I love it when I can sew and my husband is gone,no guilt for me, and no what's for dinner. I hate that question. Have some fun!!

RockinLou
April 28th, 2018, 04:41 AM
Kind of a mini vacation! I love it when I can sew and my husband is gone,no guilt for me, and no what's for dinner. I hate that question. Have some fun!!

I'm pretty sure the kids will still want to eat :). but I'm sitting in my sewing room right now trying to decide what to move forward with next... our neighbors intend to light the BBQ tonight, so that takes some of the work out of dinner!

Monique
April 28th, 2018, 06:38 AM
Time will fly by so quickly, enjoy this time to 'yourself'.

RockinLou
May 8th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Overall, we had a good time! The kids are tired of me, and my injured foot which has limited our activities, but I've managed to keep up with most things around the house, sew lots, and spend quality time with the kids.

Tonight I roasted a turkey breast and microwaved frozen vegetables and they were oohing and ahhing over the fancy dinner I made. Then I found some caramel waffles stashed away from our last trip through Amsterdam's airport and served them with hot cocoa for dessert and you'd have thought they died and went to heaven. At least they are appreciative, even if they don't make their beds, put all the clothes inside out before putting them in the laundry and forget to brush their hair.... I'm ready for some alone time....