PDA

View Full Version : I smell the Weekend!

Blondie
April 27th, 2018, 07:41 AM

Hello Folksies!

Wellsir, it's Friday and we all know what that means! Yes! More of the same just more! Did I just say that? Heckfire shoot! I remember when I couldn't wait for Friday because that meant I got to sleep in on Saturday and Sunday (if I skipped Sunday School). But that was long ago before I became an official adult. When I became an official adult, as in having children, it is impossible to sleep - as y'all well know. Then the kids grew up, left home and by then my sleep pattern was established. These days I still do work - on Friday and Saturday - so the only day of rest I get in Sunday. I still skip Sunday School most of the time (but not church).

So, the days pass by quickly, I always feel as if I fritter the days away. My house looks as if it stays in a state of semi-moving in or out, take your pick. There is always laundry in the dryer, in the washer, dishes in the sink or drainer, you get the picture. Not just because I am so busy. But yes, because I am so busy with my family that when I do have a few minutes I will sew or be in the garden at this time of year. HUZZAH! I really don't care about the house work. You can hire me a maid. Wish I could but I would have to clean before they started work.

I believe I told y'all about the Moon and Garden app. So, yesterday, today and I am not sure of further than that in my region is good for transplanting, sowing, etc. I got busy digging up some goodies for Sis and she for me. I call that the bestest way to garden. Gardeners are like Quilters - we share, share and share some more. Giving seems to multiply your blessings. I also cleaned my sewing room somewhat If it seems as if I am always cleaning that space, wellsir, you are right! That's because I am part piggy. When I get scrappy, those scraps fly everywhere - to the point I couldn't even see the cutting table surface.

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. I will be having more of the same and I can't complain. Life is Good. God is Gooder. Smile!

Star lover
April 27th, 2018, 07:58 AM
Mornin Blondie and all who'll follow.....

Time......yup flys faster all the time.....I even miss a few days now and then.......:icon_bigsmile:

Spring rain today......sooooo much better than snow.....any day! Dug around in the dirt yesterday.....sun shining, 50'....ahhhhh, such a sweet time. Nothing's coming up, but it all looks better. I do see some buds on the lilacs......can't wait!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Love those around you....hugs!

Monique
April 27th, 2018, 08:11 AM
Good morning everyone. No dirt digging for me. Today is supposed to be a grand day with sunshine.

I got to the city yesterday and came away accident free but that is because I prevented an accident from happening. A person was trying to go through an intersection on the yellow light but stopped midway. Backed up, not quite straight but then left the vehicle in reverse. OYE!!!!! I knew what was going to happen. Panic set in for me. SO, I was able to squeeze between this car and the one on the other side and YELL to her "You are still in reverse". She thanked me and then the light changed. I took an easier route home with Eli and Ziggy on board. We have a lovely 'visit'. Then when he was unpacked from the car and dog settled in we went to visit Bonnie. She was still in ICU (as a precaution) so I am now her sister!! They ask you "And what relation are you?" It was just easier that way.

So I am not sure what I will do today. Probably laundry, well that is a given. I may take a quilt over to the comm. centre and get it sandwiched. A visit with Bonnie today also.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

KPH
April 27th, 2018, 08:20 AM
Good Morning All,

Well, I guess home school is today. Not sure if we're supposed to pick up the boy or if they're delivering the boy. I'll just sip coffee until someone tells me what to do. I'm kind of tired of trying to figure this stuff out without a word from them.

I managed to finish the three baby quilts yesterday. Mike and I went to the Dollar Store to pick up gift bags, a card and tissue paper fit for a baby shower. Now to figure out how to get it to the shower! Morgan works tonight, so she's already told them she wouldn't be there. Mike works all day tomorrow, so it may be Sunday before I just go ahead and take it to church.

Yesterday I pulled out the fabric for Mike's quilt. I love that Tiger Lily Orange, lol I hate the thoughts of cutting it all up, but it must be done. I'm going to use Rob Appel's Diamonds, Stripes and Stars (which ever order that goes in). I think the orange and black will look nice in his room.

MIL called last night. She's having a stacked washer and dryer put in her kitchen. I hate it for her but she's not able to get to the basement to do the laundry with her knees in the shape that they're in. Her big freezer is still down stairs, but BIL is there just about everyday to check on her, so he'll be able to go get what she needs from down there.

It's a beautiful morning in the neighborhood. Hope everyone has a great day!

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength and comfort. Prayers of thanksgivings for all of our many blessings.

Ginny B
April 27th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Good morning all and Happy Friday! Love the feel of Friday. Especially the Friday before some vacation time begins. We will be heading to CT to a B & B we have been going to every year for our anniversary... and we celebrated our 15th anniversary yesterday. We went out for a very nice dinner last night and had a wonderful evening together. We will head to CT on Sunday right after our grandson Max' 8th birthday party and spend three days relaxing and doing whatever we feel like doing on each day. There may be some antique shop browsing, if the weather holds, some boardwalk walking along the L.I. Sound, a trip to Mystic will probably be added in there somewhere. And hand holding galore. :)

But before all of this can happen we need to get through today which will include having new windows installed in our bedroom. We got our new bedroom door finished yesterday (a sliding barn door since the room is on the smaller side and this gives us more open space with not having to have a door swing into the room) and a new storm door installed leading out to our backyard. No more snow in between the doors in the winter. WooHoo. Also we will need to finalize new plans for lights in my sewing room. When I had it done last fall I picked out track lighting that I needed for a bit of extra lighting in there when I needed just a bit more. I really liked the look and it was great ...... until it wasn't. Last week they just blew out while I was sewing. Poof, gone all four of them on the track. So Sal checked it all out and the electrical wiring is all good so it's actually the unit that blew. Well I am not going to chance it happening again with a different unit so I think we will go with some recessed pot lights instead. That will not be done today, I just need to talk to him about what I want and where I need the lighting to hit.

Monique, I continue my prayers for Bonnie's recovery. Blondie, I have a sign in my house that says "Dust is a country accent" so that everyone knows that any dust they see is part of my decor plan. :)

OK, time to get some things done around here before leaving for work.. Have a wonderful day everyone.

JCY
April 27th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Good Morning ~ Yay - I finally made it to the sewing room yest. for a hr. or so. I'm piecing together leftovers from another quilt. These are batiks that are in units of 2.5 x 4.5" (5 in a vertical row), then 2.5" sq., 5 in a vertical row (alternating light & color), then sashed with one of the "white" grunge fabrics. It does not make a square block. I'm sort of winging it as I go. I got the idea from Preeti's pattern, but it won't be like hers. The partially quilted quilt awaits more FMQ, but with my neck & side bothering me I haven't felt up to the challenge lately.

We're supposed to have 70's for the next 3 days. It made it just to 70 yest. The lawn is greening up. I spread winterizer last fall. I haven't decided yet if I'll do the spring fertilizing myself or if I'll have the lawn service do it. I definitely need to have them come spray weeds. These warmer days, they've really popped up.

Well, no more time now. DH awaits his breakfast & I need to get the pot of Anasazi beans on to cook. Have a good TGIF.

Cathy F
April 27th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Morning all,
Not sure what the weather has planned for us today, don't see much sunshine this morning and I heard rain in the forecast last night so we'll see what unfolds.

Got a few " to do" things crossed off our list this past week. Our small refrigerator/freezer in the basement died about three weeks ago, of course it was right after we stocked it, and had to throw everything out, the new one has been delivered and we are up and running again, and a section of our fence was replaced yesterday after our next door neighbor skidded on ice in her driveway this winter and took down a section of it. Hopefully no more incidents.

Hope to get my mojo back and do some sewing, I have a few things started that I need to work on but just haven't been motivated to do them. Seems like it is either feast or famine in the sewing department with me. The only upside is the sewing room stays clean for longer periods of time.

Best get myself moving, chores need to get done before I can play! Wishing all a good day.

Bubby
April 27th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Morning Everyone....I have another busy day. Jeff took today and Monday off so he can hunt. He left home at 4:30 today. I'm doing a few chores and laundry.

Monique, so glad you were able to avoid an accident. I was hit by a person ahead of me in a drive-thru lane when she left her car in reverse. It was a very expensive bump.

Belated anniversary wishes, Ginny!! 152091

I'm off to see the Wizard. Have a great Friday Everyone.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 27th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Good morning Ladies and thank you Bonnie for getting greetings going this morning.

I just love reading about everyone's gardening plans. It gives me hope that soon, I'll be able to get in the dirt. I did rake for about 6hrs this week, but other than making me stiff and sore, it did not seem to make a dent. It has rained past few days, cleaning off some of winter's grunge, and DH noticed that grass is getting greener and growing. I am seriously thinking artificial grass in the back yard for the small area we have. Most of it is landscaped or patio stone all over. This would relieve us of this area and maybe just hire to do the front and side, and keep the backyard private.

I am finding myself time challenged with other people's needs. Yesterday, after we went to pay our taxes, I spent the day helping DH look for some tax papers from previous years. I did find some, but this is where I stepped in and said that he had to let me organize his papers. So I managed to organize one cabinet and have 2 bins full To be shredded. I don't care for his system of keeping all envelopes that papers come in. I now have a better understanding of where papers are, and he likes the new system. This was the library clean-up and it looks good. Next the office. My area is organized and small, and his -well you get the picture. Slowly, I will get this man organized while I still have energy.

There are no quilting plans in the next week, unless I go in my zone and refuse to leave. I have been planning out some of my fabrics and patterns in my head. I do have to take out items and fabric that I will part with, at the fabric sale next Saturday. Dorothy and Trudy both have tables next to me, but Dorothy is on call and won't come if her daughter goes into labour. They will fly out as soon as they get the word. I hope she leaves me her stuff to sell as I won't have much, and this will be my last sale. If she goes next week, I will also have to take her role of coordinating the Victoria quilt meeting the following Monday. I hope her daughter is not early.

I did book time next Thursday on a long arm to quilt my friend's quilt. I also have to remember to renew my license.
The weekend will be busy, with birthday dinner and visiting my mom with Pat. I think she misses her mom. I will gladly share my mom with her. At times, mom just drives me nuts. 2 days ago, she called to say that her neighbour stole her doily and towels again. Her neighbour died 10 days ago. She always blames whoever shares her bathroom, with taking things, but I find them on the floor or next to her bed. Easier to blame, than accept you did it. Once she said her purse was slotted. I looked everywhere. She was sitting on it. Sorry for rant.

May the sun shine for everyone, in nature or in your heart.

grammaterry
April 27th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Drove into town yesterday for a bit of grocery shopping. Went to a big warehouse to look at exterior doors for the new room. I am just not qualified to buy a door. Too mnay options. inswing, outswing, left swing, right swing...ooh nooo...anyway...DH will just have to go and pick one out. I stopped at MIL's and visited for a moment and she decided to ride along with me. We went to Sam's club and she was overwhelmed with the sizes of all these stores...the door warehouse, then Sams so then we stopped at Aldi's but she was tired so I took her home. The rain was pouring all day and it was chilly. They say its suppose to get warmer today.
DH was tired when I got home from wrestling the big 2x10x16's into place. HE has three more to do. Says he really should replace all of them but just doesn't have the strength and he won't let me help him. He layed on his back and sprayed bleach on all the joists to twart off the mold. I offered but he told me it was a nasty job and he didn't want me to do it. He gets angry when I try to help and told me to 'JUST GO SEW and GET OUT OF MY WAY".
So, I guess that's what I'll do today. If it warms up tomorrow I will try to paint some outside trim. Maybe do a little yard work.

MissMay
April 27th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Just a quick Hello today, expected DS#3 to arrive around lunch time but he caught an earlier flight from /
CA. Have a Good Weekend everyone and try to do some quilty.

RockinLou
April 28th, 2018, 07:30 AM
Have a great weekend, Blondie! I'm so glad you're back :-)

I've been having fun sewing today, but on Tuesday morning I fell down the stairs and really did a number on my feet. I've had fun in the sewing room, but im paying the price now with a throbbing, swollen big toe. I am so very relieved that I didn't break anything...