PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco

mommadeb
April 26th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Has anyone ever flown out of the SF (SFO) airport? Is it easy to get around in?

Hulamoon
April 26th, 2018, 05:15 PM
I have a couple of times and don't remember any problems. Now LAX is a whole different animal. I just love the freeways there. lol

chelea
April 26th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Yes, once, and I don't remember having any issues. I LOVE that city!

Kgrammiecaz
April 26th, 2018, 06:21 PM
My daughter is travel nursing and flies in and out of there often. Never any issues as of yet I am happy to say. And I agree, LAX is a whole different picture.

Cokie
April 26th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Yes, once, and I don't recall any problems either.

KarenC
April 26th, 2018, 08:33 PM
I have and no problems. Very easy to take the train to get into town also.

bubba
April 26th, 2018, 08:38 PM
If you are returning a rental car, it is confusing!

There is more than one terminal at that airport, I think maybe three? It's not hard to figure it out.

Hulamoon
April 26th, 2018, 08:44 PM
I looked it up and there is four terminals. Lax has nine. Yikes!

bubba
April 26th, 2018, 08:47 PM
I looked it up and there is four terminals. Lax has nine. Yikes!

I thought it might be up to four now, but did not look. We used to fly in and out of there several times a year as MMs office for the company he worked for was down there.

It's one of my favorite places to visit.

Mimi_Howard
April 26th, 2018, 09:47 PM
For LA area opt for Burbank airport if you can! LAX is big and the 405 freeway is more often like a parking lot than a freeway. And I get to drive it this weekend too, oh boy oh joy... 101 and 405.. ARGH !!!

Hulamoon
April 26th, 2018, 10:47 PM
For LA area opt for Burbank airport if you can! LAX is big and the 405 freeway is more often like a parking lot than a freeway. And I get to drive it this weekend too, oh boy oh joy... 101 and 405.. ARGH !!!

Have you ever watched The Californians on Sat Night Live? It's too funny about the traffic talk. I lived there and moved when I was 21. It's a maze for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt-tG6ufH90

laura44
April 26th, 2018, 11:40 PM
Lived 15 minutes from SFO most of my life.
The airport is big, there can be a lot of traffic. Basically goes
around in a big circle, departures on one level, arrivals on another level.
Give yourself a lot of extra time, you will be fine.

Mimi_Howard
April 27th, 2018, 01:38 AM
The freeways are a maze for sure. I could NOT deal with them day in / day out.. would be crazy for sure. My daughter lives in Torrance and going to see the girls (her and 2 GD's) oh and her hubby too. Last few visits have been on a Sunday, fabric warehouse in Hawthorne closed on Sundays so I saved money....

mommadeb
April 27th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it.

Its funny what you say about LAX. Ive been through there twice and I would rather go to LAX than OHare! I hate that airport.

kaydee
April 27th, 2018, 05:36 PM
I've flown into and out of several times in the past few years (daughter is at Berkeley). We fly Delta and so I've only been on that concourse. Getting through security at the Delta gate has always been a breeze. The concourse is nice enough. My daughter just flew out of there on Southwest and back in on Sun Country and she said everything was easy.

As far as returning a car, we've never had a problem. You just get on the tram, and listen for your stop. Look up at the maps/diagrams and find your airline/stop.

As far as driving, it's a lot of stop and go, but seems pretty straightforward. Driving in the downtown of SF will age you . . . literally . . . as it takes forever to get anywhere b/c of all the traffic.

MissMay
April 28th, 2018, 12:19 PM
It has been many years since we flew to SFran but don't remember any problems. I agree with others aout LA, when we visit son in CA we fly to John Wayne airport.