PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday morning hellos!!!

Monique
April 24th, 2018, 08:49 AM

Good morning dear friends. I have been up since about 3 am. Thinking of my friend Bonnie who is having her surgery this morning.

I got her all settled into her room yesterday and by chance she had free tv for the night. I turned it on and lo and behold if it wasn't Fons & Porter Love of quilting that came on. Too funny.

I didn't do much of anything yesterday except gather up what I was going to do today at work. Featherweight on board with a container of strips and movies loaded onto the tablet. Did I say I was working today, LOL!!

I am not sure if you have heard about the terrible tragedy that occurred in Toronto yesterday. Man plowed people down who were on the sidewalk. 10 dead. Thankfully my friends from Toronto have all been accounted for. Thoughts and prayers for all of those affected by this.

Have to get going, have a great day everyone.

Star lover
April 24th, 2018, 09:01 AM
Mornin Monique and all who'll follow....

Time can sure fly...even days.....especially in quilt shops!

Hope you have a good day at work....sounds like you've got all the bases covered. I'll be praying for Bonnie!

And hello, it's Tuesday......all day! Silly me, thinking it's Wednesday......guess all the airs aren't in the water...Yet. Maybe more caffeine......

Rain today, but it's suppose to rain in the spring! Yeah! I'll take it, anyday (even Wednesday's.....or Tuesday's) as long as it doesn't turn into that old white stuff!

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and productive....and safe day! Thoughts and prayers for those families affected by the tragic accident in Toronto. Love and hugs to all!

Ginny B
April 24th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Good morning everyone. It's a nice sunny day here at the moment but I guess we will be getting clouds and rain starting tonight into tomorrow. Feeling a little under the weather today so I am not going to work today. Maybe some sew-therapy will help me feel better. If I get off the couch that is.

Monique, I'll be keeping Bonnie in my prayers today. Yes, I saw the story about what happened in Toronto on the news. So very sad.

Have a good day all.

JCY
April 24th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Good morning ~ Yes, Monique, the Toronto incident was on our news here. Another tragedy. What is wrong with people?!! Hoping for the best for your friend Bonnie as she has surgery today.

I saw my new dr. yest. I liked her. She couldn't palpate any abnormalities. Ordered a chest x-ray, which I'll get today. I also need to run to Walmart to pick up an Rx & make a bank deposit.

I'm sore this a.m. from the yard work I did yest. afternoon. After the high temp. bumped up to 80 deg., I decided to make the rounds of all the sprinkler heads & clean out the grass from around them so they'd be visible for the lawn service. Normally they come on Tues., but it's very wet out there, so I doubt if they'll mow today. Rained in the night & there is a light dusting of snow on the picnic table & grass. I'm not complaining because we need the moisture. I was hoping I'd be done with my project in an hour. Huh! It took me 1 hr. & 40 min. I had to hustle at the end because it clouded up & there were rumbles of thunder. (Any time there is thunder, there is a risk of lightning.) It started to sprinkle just as I finished. Anyway, I'm glad that job is done. It needed to be done before the sprinkler system is turned on.

DD: Free shipping today. Too bad I don't need anything from M*. It's been a very long time since they offered free shipping.

Well, it's time to fix DH's breakfast, then make his salads for the next 2 days.

MissMay
April 24th, 2018, 09:42 AM

Anita, It feels like a Wednesday.

Spring like here so that's good and no rain for a few days, that's even better as the lawn looks so green and thick. I'm attempted to take advantage of today's DD, I certainly don't need a thing but it has been a long time since I've received some fabric in the mail. I miss the anticipation of waiting for it to arrive while planing a quilt. I do need to make a little quilt for GGS Drew and one of the DDs would make a cute one for him. Excuse me while I go and check the DDs out again.

Prayers for Bonnie and all those people killed or harmed in Toronto.

KPH
April 24th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Good Morning All,

I'm getting ready to get up and get started. Mike put the shelf up in the garage yesterday and we hooked the drawers onto the pegboard above it, so hopefully between the pegs and the shelves the drawers will stay up! I started emptying one of DH's boxes of screws yesterday. I'm labeling all the drawers so everything will be visible and right where it should be. That big magnet thing that DH bought is going to be necessary as the kids have knocked off stuff and there are screws, nails and bolts all over the floor.

Since it's supposed to be in the low 80s today, I'll work out in the garage while it's cool then move to the sewing room once the sun has passed over. It gets so warm in there in the mornings! The ceiling fan in that room blows right down on my head and the back of my neck and it bugs me after a while. I wish I could reverse it, but there isn't a switch up there like on Mom's ceiling fans.

I made a half turkey breast Sunday and rubbed the Ranch dressing mix on it and baked it in parchment paper. I ate it Sunday, yesterday I sliced part of it and made a big chopped salad for dinner last night. Mike really liked the flavor of the turkey. I guess we'll do that again. I'm going to get out a small ham for family dinner tomorrow night.

Monique, I'll be keeping Bonnie close in my thoughts today. I hope everything goes well and her surgeons will be able to get everything.

Prayers for those in need. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessing. Prayers for healing of out loved ones.

Bubby
April 24th, 2018, 09:53 AM
Good Morning....We had a good time visiting the Little Girls yesterday. Tom said they both checked out just fine. They have just learned to bark and they bark every chance they get! Just ten more days and they will come home. There were several comments about using bells to potty train dogs. There are a lot of videos about this on YouTube. Just do a search for Potty Bells and see how it's done.

I'm praying for Bonnie...be sure to let us know how she is doing.

Dottie had a pretty rough night with her breathing, please pray for her. We left her at home when we went to see the pups, and we're so glad we did. We took a towel with us and the pups were on for while. When we gave Dottie to towel she sniffed it and carried it to the front door and dropped it there. When she was eating her dinner I put the towel on the arm of her chair and later I noticed she took it to the door again.

Jeff is back to work today, but he just has to work three days and he has four more days off to hunt. This week he will likely go out of town for a couple days to hunt a friend's farm.

We missed the news last night so we didn't hear about the tragedy in Toronto yesterday. This is so sad and it's happening everywhere. Our hearts are sad for everyone affected by this cruel attack.

I need to get moving....wishing everyone a good Tuesday.....with hugs.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 24th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Good morning ladies,
Monique - I do believe a quilt show on Bonnie's TV is a good omen. I hope all will go well. The Toronto tragedy is so sad. I have to say, what is wrong with people? We haven't heard from DH's son who is in Toronto this week working on film set, but he only sends us texts when he is in travel mode, or if he finds a really good chilli stand.

A planned quiet day turned out busy. TV/Internet person showed up at 9am. They had called about their systems noticing drops in service last week, and said they would work on it Monday. We were in pjs when he showed up. Everything is working 100% better now. Then DD dropped by to go through my friend's clothes and stuff. She found a few outfits for her, boots, tennis balls for the kids and other goodies. DH took some hand-knit mittens she never wore. I gave the baby wool to Heather to knit baby hats for hospital. I will give the new candles to Dorothy, as she loves to light outdoors on her patio. The rest, a carload full went to my mom's garage sale. Pat is still de-cluttering. She is a shopper, on quality items, but doesn't use most of what she buys. She will need to adjust her spending habits if she ever hopes to retire.

We also had person measure to give us quotes for doors and some window replacements. I also worked at raking the front yard. There is so much gravel and gunk on the lawn from the city plows. We are on a corner, so double crap. I will do a bit more today, but can't overdue it as I'm already stiff and sore from previous few days of yardwork. We're expecting rain later today and next few days so it would be good to get done sooner than later.

I pieced a back for a friendship braid top I made last year. It had medallions, so I had to piece it like wallpaper. I did good. It is on the rack to assemble. I am piecing all the eucalyptus batting I have. I should have just enough. Then I pooped out and was out by 10pm.

I am tempted by the daily deal, although I think we usually get $5 off shipping. I don't need anything, and probably will not take advantage. I am bracing as we get final tax bill tomorrow and know that we both will owe. I'm afraid to ask how much.

I hope everyone has a good day.

grammaterry
April 24th, 2018, 10:14 AM
What do you think Dottie is trying to tell you? That is a puzzle.
Joy, you are so ambitious to get the yard work done. Cutting grass from around sprinkler heads is a job.
Hope the Dr. has good news after the xrays
Katrina, try not to do too muc in the heat.
We (mostly DH) is ripping out the floor in the back bedroom.. Apparently the room was an addition in the 70's and when they put in the sills they used green wood from the saw mill and it is rotting out. He jacked up the house and put in a shim so he could remove the rotted beam. I think he counted that he needs 7 16 ft 2x8's. Then of course, to replace the subflooring and put in new hardwoods. As long as we're in there, I'd like to sheetrock over the old paneling and build a closet or two but I might be just dreaming. I also want sheetrocked ceilings. Currently there are those funky little ceiling tiles and some Styrofoam beams that are just silly. I wanted to replace a window with a door but he says that means running new electrical and then trying to get the outside siding to line up. So many little things in an old house. It will be good just to have the room usable again. THe floor was sagging so badly that we didn't go in there for the last two years.'
I might sew today, but I might ride to town. Haven't decided yet.

KPH
April 24th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Terry, I worked an hour out in the garage. It's still nice, but I'm ready for a change of pace. I finished the box that was filled with screws. I've labeled 24 drawers so far. I won't have the same good luck with the box of nails. Most are in glass jars with no labels. lol, I never thought I'd ask for a nail cheat sheet, but I'd like to know what they are anyway. But that's a job for another day! lol, like tomorrow morning.

I'm almost ready to go in my sewing room. In a half an hour, the sun will be past the point where it warms/ blinds my room. I'll go ahead and have lunch before I start finishing up the baby quilts. I didn't work in there at all yesterday!

PS I have all kinds of decking screws and lag bolts.... like I'd ever use them, but the kids might need them one day.

LauraP
April 24th, 2018, 02:23 PM
Katrina, let the grandkids sort the screws and nails. They will think it's a game. I know on screws if the threads taper they are wood screws and if they don't they are machine or sheet metal screws. I learned that by sorting screws for my husband back when I worked for him:)
Joy, would it help if you cut the top and bottom out of a tuna sized can and sunk them in the ground around the sprinkler heads? You could fill them with gravel or mulch and maybe you wouldn't have to pull grass?
Definitely sending good thoughts Bonnie's way.

JCY
April 24th, 2018, 07:54 PM
Laura ~ Thanks for the idea of using the tuna cans. Wow, I'd have to eat an awful lot of tuna to get enough cans to go around all the sprinkler heads for all 10 zones! I'm not sure a tuna can would even fit around some of the largest heads. We have a large yard, maybe ~1/3 acre. I think the way the grass grows, it would just migrate around the cans & pop up in unwanted places, even through the gravel. I mostly used my dandelion digger to get at the grass & dig it out. Had to sharpen it on the grinder wheel so it was more effective. I've been soooo sore all day. I'm not doing that job again for a while! I'm going to have to get after some yarrow that keeps coming up in one corner of the yard. Years ago, the seeds drifted over from my neighbor's yard; it pops up in my flower bed & even the lawn. Very invasive.